Sonic Academy Kick v2 Available now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kick - Nicky Romero Artist Edition Kick 2

TheoM wrote:
Phil Sonic Academy wrote:Hi TheoM, Can you give me some examples of Kicks you cant make.. maybe youtube or spotify links and i will post up some presets... there are very few kicks im having difficulty making.
Sure, i was planning to use voxengo beeper and apple AU roger over a few kicks (so they can't be sampled in sequence to show you metrum punch kicks vs SA kick. IS that what you mean? I'm happy to do that
Yeah that would be cool.., you also mentioned trance and bigger EDM and pop you don't think it can handle. Could you give some examples of the types of kicks you are talking about.

TheoM wrote:
Phil Sonic Academy wrote:Hi TheoM, Can you give me some examples of Kicks you cant make.. maybe youtube or spotify links and i will post up some presets... there are very few kicks im having difficulty making.
Sure, i was planning to use voxengo beeper and apple AU roger over a few kicks (so they can't be sampled in sequence to show you metrum punch kicks vs SA kick. IS that what you mean? I'm happy to do that
be aware of the youtube sample thiefs.. :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Phil Sonic Academy wrote:
TheoM wrote:
Yeah that would be cool.., you also mentioned trance and bigger EDM and pop you don't think it can handle. Could you give some examples of the types of kicks you are talking about.
Absolutely! I really appreciate you being open about this!

I will include specific examples of what i can't get out of your product :)

Spending some time with my family here for sunday dinner visiting, when they go home in a few hours i will post some examples. Cheers!

Cool thanks

Just preparing this now. Wow that was tricky to set up. 5 instances of beeper all doing various tones that don't interfere with the kick quality, playback stopped has noise at all times so there are no gaps, no clean samples, which i don't think either vengeance or phil would appreciate. I will just do some examples now. Cheers

Wow that was over complicated. I mean to try and compare hundreds of kick sounds.. So i thought the best way was to pick a couple of metrum kicks i couldn't duplicate with Kick. Notice the "punch".

I only encoded as 96KB for safety to vengeance and of course covered with noise but the quality is evident.

I think it may have something to do with the SA Kick distortion rather than the quality of the oscillators being a problem. Like i said it can sound detached as if it's not part of the sound. Anyway.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92602797/Metrum.mp3

Plus also, demoing ANA again (i had to try it on my imac as for some reason on my macbook it says demo expired, even though i never used the demo time, i had only used a registered version :? ) i noticed the kick bank seems to have the capabilities (although of course there's not the variety preset wise) of the kick plugin, and I wondered, is the kick plugin using ANA tech to generate it's sound? ANA seems capable of some serious kicks.

FWIW, i had focused to much on the aliasing rather than the rest of it and if one plays in the "normal ranges" the sounds are quite gritty and charming, i think I made a mistake judging that one too quickly.

Cheers :)

Nice one Theo I'll have go at making those tomorrow when I'm in the studio.

Fantastic, appreciate that. Also any word on ANA's kick presets and why they sound so good, (to be frank). Is Kick using something from ANA?

Ana's g-Env lent it's self to making kicks as you could control the nodes. It's kinda where the idea came from but the tech in kick is way more advanced with curves and way more resolution etc.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/SonicSynth/Harder+Kicks.mp3

https://s3.amazonaws.com/SonicSynth/Harder+Kicks.zip

Theres some harder kick presets similar to the ones Theo posted... Sound just as good if not better to me.

Well they are great kicks, for sure, i can still hear the lower frequencies lacking a bit personally. But sharing the presets for those would be really great, so i can try and play them through some different distortion plugins. Just to clarify, that is Kick only yes? No extra plugins?

Yeah just kick.., no Eq or external stuff. All presets are in the included zip above.

I think what you are hearing on the low end in the metric stuff is a plate reverb mixed in either on the original samples or maybe it apart of the plugins fx ( I havnt tried it so not sure)... It was a popular technique in the 90s with prodigy and chem bros stuff.

I could very easily make a few of them to add In to the clicks of kick but I wanted to stick to factory stuff for this.

Ok will try them out, thanks. No i'm hearing bass frequencies, i can turn the reverb off and re post them if you like. Not that there's a point as i think you have proven Kick is entirely capable.

To me Metrum sounds like the typical actual kicks many have used, whereas yours sound like new unique ones that could be used in a genre and not used before, which is actually kind of cool. Not a bad thing at all.

Yeah the metrum ones sound very familiar reminiscent of VEC1

Return to “Instruments”