Betatesters wanted for Upcoming synth EuterpeXL!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

so...improvement?

the blue look with new textures and effects..
http://gudaaudio.com/images/EuterpeXLBlue3D.png
David Guda gudaaudio.com

I like the look of the "Prima Donna" :).
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

Beta 10 ready for download!

Included in this beta is of course the updated gui stuff from the screen shots.
Choose color theme.
Fix crash bug.
Fix pitch modulation issue where global pitch modulation did not affect oscillator 4.
Server handle multiple clients better and automatically black/grey-list warez-users.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

I noticed that there was an "OH SNAP!" button at the top right somewhere, and I thought that was hilarious! I do like the look of this synthesizer and would gladly join in the windows beta test for sure.

Oops, had deleted the subscription to this thread :oops:
I like the Prima Donna scheme a lot better than the original one :)
Out of curiosity, why is the Osc4 bubble on the very left? Would it not be more logical to place it on the very right? Like 1234 instead of 4123 :D

About placing the osc switch button to the right... well....no particular reason... it was just there I placed it :) I have never thought of it like that.
b.t.w. beta 11 available for download! I'd introduced a bug in beta 10 and a fix for that in 11.

pinbot: thank you for noticing "oh snap" :)
It was just the first name I came up with when thinking of the feature I was going to change it when I came up with something better but I kind of grew fond of it! It is named after taking a SNAPshot of the output sound och använda som till att bygga upp en wavetable.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

Since you have a modulation matrix, would it make sense to extend keyboard tracking/follow to apply to all those horizontal parameters? Usually it only seems to apply to filter cutoff, but why not to resonance or osc volumes etc.? With some patches for instance lower octaves sound better with higher resonance, upper octaves with lower resonance, or the other way round. And via differing levels for the various osc levels the sound would change its character as well depending on the position on the keyboard.
Just an idea...

Btw, regarding those matrix knobs, at min they show now yellow ring, which I suppose means min = 0. So, how does one invert the effect? Shouldn't the knobs be at 0 at 12 o'clock?

i dunno if its just me but the gui is like roaring twenties style. like something you would see if the 1922 version of the new yorker had synth advertisements in the back classified adds.

20s style, well that is the first time I've heard :)
While other synths are going just are going just a little bit vintage I'm going 1920's style! Recreating 70's syle synths..ppfft!!

Modulation matrix... yes all the knobs in the matrix are just unipolar. Maybe it would make sense to make them bipolar. I'll give it a thinking!

Move keyboard-tracking to the matrix ey...hmm, definitely worth giving a thought.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

davidguda wrote:so...improvement?

the blue look with new textures and effects..
http://gudaaudio.com/images/EuterpeXLBlue3D.png
Beautiful! :love:
[Insert Signature Here]

About the name: you might wanna change that if you want to market your synth in Germany, as "Euter" means "Udder" in German :-) Can also be used as a slightly disrespectful reference to a woman's breasts, but you haven't heard that from me.
This is why car companies spent lots of money on naming agencies for their new products... What was the name of the car again that meant "wanker" or so in Spanish?
So maybe it is time to start a synth naming agency (SNA)?

fese wrote:What was the name of the car again that meant "wanker" or so in Spanish?
Mitsubishi Pajero. Don't ask... :)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

fese wrote:About the name: you might wanna change that if you want to market your synth in Germany, as "Euter" means "Udder" in German :-) Can also be used as a slightly disrespectful reference to a woman's breasts, but you haven't heard that from me.
The etymology of German might be quite telling -
Regardless of where it's marketed, it's all Greek to me.

Honda made a car named "fitta"..... in swedish that means... well use google translate and find out yourself! ;)
David Guda gudaaudio.com

I'll upload a new beta now (within 15 minutes).

Fixes and stuff in this beta.....
Sometimes the presets page would not show email verified even though it is. fixed.
More color-sets to choose from
Be able to open right click menu with left click and modifier button
More and better checks to make sure osc4 points won't overlap when modulated.
Show information about osc4 point when holding mouse over point (as shown in picture).

http://gudaaudio.com/images/SplinePointInfo1.png
David Guda gudaaudio.com

Return to “Instruments”