Betatesters wanted for Upcoming synth EuterpeXL!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uploading the new beta later, stuff just got stressy...
David Guda gudaaudio.com

beta 12 uploaded...
David Guda gudaaudio.com

davidguda wrote:My new synth EuterpeXL getting closer to release but first it needs some more testing.
At this point it is mac OSX only but windows version will come in near future.
This is a big synth with four oscillators of which two can do 10 detuned oscillators each.
The fourth oscillator is a beast of its own right where you can draw your own shapes with lines and splines (like in Curve) and each point can be individually modulated in sync with beat or note!
Multiple filters, adjustable envelope slopes, builtin effects, online presets browser and alot more. It is made purely in C++ and JUCE so it is no synthedit half-job, this is the real deal.

drop me a PM with your email and I'll fix you a betatest account.
All betatesters with feedback will get real license!

All feedback is welcome, good and bad and suggestions.

/David
I never got an e-mail response :cry:
[Insert Signature Here]

you've got pm
David Guda gudaaudio.com

I was looking fowards to this synth. What's the status?

Thanks.

Status is a vague "close to finish". Development has been low a few months now, it is first now recently I had the possibility to pick up the pace again.
I'll give you a new beta within a week or so meanwhile to nibble on!
/David
David Guda gudaaudio.com

David:

I downloaded the beta a while ago, forgot about it, and this new thread made me take a look again. I will be digging in over the next weeks, but a quick bit of feedback is that the colors in the GUI are a problem, difficult to read. Don't know if there is a customize option, but you might try out some different combinations.

JC

Just wanted to make sure there is no Windows beta available already, is there?
I'm guessing you start making a Windows version once it's released for MAC?

Can't wait, I have the feeling this synth is going to be a lot of fun to play with!
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

To be honest I don't know if windows beta version will be available before official release of mac or not.
I poke a little at windows version intermittently.
In an Ideal world and where I try to move as close as possible to I just take the code to the windows machine and hit compile-button.....(a bit simplified of course).
David Guda gudaaudio.com

Well, no need to be in a hurry.

For the first time in an embarrassingly long time I now have a new beta!
This is just not any beta, this is the first Windows version, so windows users please go ahead and try it out.
My possibilities for trying in different windows environments is very very limited so all help is appreciated!
David Guda gudaaudio.com

To my eyes, the "3D-ish" GUI style with the yellow 'piechart' knobs were way more informative. You could take in the setting at a glance, whereas with the current 'rim lights', you really have to look at each knob to grasp its setting. A great step backward in visible feedback, IMHO.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Opinions go apart when it comes to 3d and "flat" look in the GUI. Luckily, you can have whatever you wish! Just right click on the GUI background and choose the preferred style and color set, Including "3d look" on and off and "thin knob line" on and off. Personally I agree that the pie-chart-style knobs are nice in that I can see the setting so quick.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

Nice to have the options of a tailor-made GUI!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Hi david,

First, I want to applaud your choice of a "flat", non-skeuomorphic GUI (that correct? I can never remember how to write that word) but I still see some problems design-wise. If you don't mind I would suggest a few things, as i like being a smart ass about design sometimes :D Comes from being a learned typesetter in a previous life...
(Disclaimer: I only had the picture from this thread, I f you've changed it in the meantime, I withdraw my comments immediately...).

1. Alignment. Try to keep design elements on a grid and keep them aligned on an imaginary borders. Makes an UI much calmer to look at and the eye isn't irritated as much.
2. Space. Try to even out space, e.g. the box titles (CHORUS,OSC1 etc) are very close to the top border whereas at the bottom of those boxes there room left. Also, I would maybe try to make the round corners smaller (don't really know how to describe that in better in english), it gives you a bit more space and things wouldn't look as cramped.
3. Fonts. As other already said, all-caps fonts are harder to read for the human eye. This font especially at small sizes on a screen as it is kinda stretched horizontally. The vertical words and contrast problems have also been mentioned before.
4. Maybe try to group the boxes more logically, e.g. try to keep the effect boxes together, or the placement of the OSC4 button, it should be right so it is in numerical order. Else it should be renamed to OSC1.
5. Inconsistency. Why does the OSC3 use sliders and not buttons as the others? Why does the OSC4 button have a darker background? If it should indicate "clickability", why does the Oscilloscope have a dark background? Why are some functions implemented as sliders when most are knobs?

I couldn't quite help myself and do a very quick and dirty mock up in MS Paint where I tried to clean up a bit with the space and alignment problems.
My layout is of course far from perfect and still has lots of issues but I like to think it could lead to a calmer, more logically grouped interface. I painted arrows where I think space could be removed or added.

The OSC3+4 section and the Oscilloscope are still a problem that I cannot solve at the moment, especially not in Paint...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”