One-Synth-Challenge 58: Spectral - Submissions and Results

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Spectral

Yes the rules allow anybody to use the scale freely so there can't really be any complaints. Besides, some are first time voters or might be used to the old system and not sure what to do, but in my opinion there could be a better way to do voting where everyone had the same number of points to give out as it currently varies too much in my opinion (lowest 44, highest 146 last compo, a difference of more than 3x!). We're currently working on the tech of such a system, which if voted in could be introduced already from next competition on.

It's not much a matter of complaint but, in fact, to understand the criteria used. It's hard to believe that only 3 out of 35 tracks deserved more than a "1".

I think i do understand - Xenox gave 5,4,3 - 3rd, 2nd ans 1st place - simple as, but hey... What is bad is even people who entered competition didn't bother to vote. Lazy you!! 8)

Well done to all participants.
Many thanks for all the great feedback and for listerning : )

Eauson
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

I'm a it late to the party, but wanted to thank all of you for your participation, it's probably the most enjoyable part of my work to see what people actually do with our creations. And you did some awesome tracks!

And while i'm here and just see the latest posts: Xenox actually mailed me a few weeks ago and expressed his high respect for the tracks being submitted, so certainly a 1 _not_ meant "bad track"!

Thanks guys, great work!

Peter from LinPlug wrote:I'm a it late to the party, but wanted to thank all of you for your participation, it's probably the most enjoyable part of my work to see what people actually do with our creations. And you did some awesome tracks!

And while i'm here and just see the latest posts: Xenox actually mailed me a few weeks ago and expressed his high respect for the tracks being submitted, so certainly a 1 _not_ meant "bad track"!

Thanks guys, great work!
and also a BIG THANKS to you guys of LINPLUG! :)
i think there is no better way to showcase your plugin than also link the songs from us all :D.

and please let me say here that i DIDN'T want to start a war or anything like that, i just was kinda shocked and was surprised by the votes as i think 1 is normally not really much effort or no feeling by the listener individually of course and with all the great songs like Cactoo etc. i couldnt believe it ;). but after reading some comments it seems XENOX rated like 1 for 5 - 2 and the rest 1s. so this is his logic ;).
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Sorry for the late reply everyone. Thanks for the votes- it's been a crazy month for me. KVR forums being down, the holidays and some personal issues kept me away from the contest results. I'll do better next time. Some really awesome tracks from everyone this month even though I didn't get my votes in by the deadline, I did listen to a bunch of them. Just want you all to know that I do appreciate the time and artistic effort you all pour in to your creations.

Stay frosty.

Hello people,

Just saying I absolutely love the Synthmaster I got. Wow, what a machine!
I'm glad I got into the Junglist contest before I received it, otherwise... Well you probably all know how consuming a great synth can be :D
Thanks again for the appreciation!

cactoos_dahoo wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:19 pm Hohoho! Late merry christmas !
Thanks for all votes and well done to all of you ( comments left on soundcloud) - including organizers of course !
About prize - i'll go for sweet Spectral offered by LinPlug.
See you next month!

PS. Video version ( you will be able to see VST/i settings etc..) as small bonus :
http://youtu.be/emE6ar2ZD1A
Well, it was 10 years ago 😬, time really flies, but they didn’t tell me it flew at a speed of 1000 mph 😮😉

Return to “Instruments”