Will Cakewalk ever release a new version of Raputre?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

Would you be interested in a Cakewalk update for Rapture.

Poll ended at Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:15 am

Yes, Rapture is unique and deserves the treatment.
79%
No, Rapture isn't worth it.
21%

Total votes: 58

RELATED
PRODUCTS

xylyx wrote:Interesting to note that Rapture is being given away free with the next issue of Computer Music mag (their 200th issue)...whether that indicates a potential forthcoming update or it's death knell, who knows?
I think I will buy that issue from Zinio in appreciation for almost a full year of free CM (plus many issues of Future Music). Now I have a hard drive full of samples I have never listened to, however! Maybe I should listen to them instead of reading posts on KVR? Nah...still lots of space left

:)

If Cakewalk does ever release Rapture 2, I really hope that they stick with a similar GUI - it's one of the nicest looking soft synth GUIs ever IMO. And, I agree that an improved browser would definitely be a welcome change.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

René wrote:
What happen to Rene? Still in the business?
He's getting back soon :D
Best news I've heard all year!

Hugs + Beer!

Anyone know if Rene ever came back? That was his last post here almost a year ago.
Dan

i think it is fine as it is, with the browser being the only gripe i have with it, so yeah... a better browser please :pray:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

René wrote:
Apparently "soon" might not mean the same thing in every part of the world.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

I've noticed the same :D

Also term "temporarily" seems to have different meaning in some parts of the world (discodsp I'm looking at you).

René wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:53 pm
Real soon, I am sure.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Doubt we'll ever see new versions of Rapture and Z3TA. Actually, a new Z3TA would be 10 times more interesting for me than Rapture. They wouldn't even need a new version number. Just call it... Z3TA. :)

chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:49 pm Doubt we'll ever see new versions of Rapture and Z3TA. Actually, a new Z3TA would be 10 times more interesting for me than Rapture. They wouldn't even need a new version number. Just call it... Z3TA. :)
I have a feeling it's only a matter of time before Bandcamp resurrects Z3TA. Rapture is another story. Who knows.

Rapture Pro was the 2nd version of Rapture, and was still for sale until the demise of Cakewalk under Gibson. I believe Cakewalk released this version after Rene Ceballos had left Cakewalk.

Same goes for Z3TA+2. Although Cakewalk does give a credit to Rene for the original Z3TA+ architecture and development.

Who knows what plans BandLab has for them, as they bought the rights to Cakewalk software. I believe Rene sold the rights for rgc:audio to Cakewalk back in the day (2004). That included the existing rgc:audio products such as Z3TA+ and Pentagon, etc. So rgc:audio became Cakewalk. Then Rene lead the development of SFZ file format sample based instruments for Cakewalk, including Dimension Pro, Rapture, & Session Drummer 2/3.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I would be happy if the new owners re-established registration
capability for Dimension Pro, Rapture, and the rest, (even with
a fee, if needed) or made them charity-ware, sold them off
to someone who would move them forward,
anything being better than languishing .

Bitwig's treatment of the Surge synthesizer is a good example
of old code benefitting new users 8)
Cheers

You never know what they will do with the code at some point.

glokraw wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:33 pm
I have never heard of Bitwig having anything to do with Surge. As far as I can tell the Surge synth was open sourced by it's former developers at Vember Audio.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:43 pm
glokraw wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:33 pm
I have never heard of Bitwig having anything to do with Surge. As far as I can tell the Surge synth was open sourced by it's former developers at Vember Audio.
Who, I believe works for (or is a partner) in bitwig... ;)

Return to “Instruments”