Is most of K9 Ultimate just bloat for the producer who doesn't do any scoring?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some v good replies here. On top of what's been said, Damage is pretty universal actually, some fantastic beats and hits in there for hard edged / industrial stuff. It's a shame Heavyocity tend not to do updates for their products, cos I think there's a few UI tricks that Damage could use (not least of which, a x0.5 / x2 for the loops).
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I do orchestral music but I did not upgrade to K9 Ultimate :hihi: I saved the money for 3rd party stuff instead.

I selected the cross-grade option from Kontakt 2. I have Kontakt 3.5 upgrade installed too. I want to know whether Kontakt 5 library contains everything that Kontakt 3.5 has. K5 is 43GB. I read elsewhere that there was no major difference in the content between K4 and K5, not sure about K3.5 vs. K5 though. I am running out of HD space so was thinking of deleting K3.5 library entirely and install only K5 library.

The reason I didn't go for K9U is, I didn't want all those samples (60s, 70s, 80s drums, etc.). The effects would have been nice but the price to effects ratio for me was not very convincing. Plus, I have some nice effects already that I will continue to use. For someone who doesn't have a lot of plugins and samples K9U is a very good deal.
Last edited by satYatunes on Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

K4/5 libraries are somewhat different from K3 library. I never owned K3 so I can't tell you exact differences (new flashy GUI is the most prominent, of course), though.

I remeber the K4 library being an upgrade from K3's library.

Apart from the guis, from memory the new bits were solo strings and some choirs in K4.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

If memory serves from doing a bit of research, not owning, they added the choir to K4 and dropped the bigger pianos that they sell separately now. Also I think the orchestra got reworked and some solo instruments added or augmented. The original orchestra instruments are still there but in a sub-directory. K5 got lots of new effects and a loss-less compression scheme but no new instruments.

As far as composition and orchestration isn't every one (except guys like Cage) just re-arranging and re-sequencing Bach anyway? So why not use more help any way you can find it. We are all just zigging a couple times where someone else zagged, calling it a new work and slapping a copywrite on it.

zakufan wrote:I do orchestral music but I did not upgrade to K9 Ultimate :hihi: I saved the money for 3rd party stuff instead.
And that is the best way to go with Kontakt...
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

BBFG# wrote:
zakufan wrote:I do orchestral music but I did not upgrade to K9 Ultimate :hihi: I saved the money for 3rd party stuff instead.
I do think that Komplete Ultimate at half price is a great deal and I plan to get it sometime in the future (maybe K10/11), its just that I need to get the basics first like the Cinesamples stuff and Soundiron stuff before I get to all the bells and whistles that Komplete Ultimate offers :)

zakufan wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
I do think that Komplete Ultimate at half price is a great deal and I plan to get it sometime in the future (maybe K10/11), its just that I need to get the basics first like the Cinesamples stuff and Soundiron stuff before I get to all the bells and whistles that Komplete Ultimate offers :)
Well, due to the promotions and marketing strategy of NI, going full on 'bells & whistles' from the start is often the only logical way to go. (e.g. If you want three of their instruments and addons). But Kontakt has shown more strength to me in third party design than NI libraries. Ultimate became the no brainer in adding Reaktor ensembles and drums for me.

Return to “Instruments”