New granular synth: The Mangle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

I personally hope The Mangle will keep walking it's own road.
Those other granular synths exist already as do dozens of Reactor ensembles and I especially like the differences. :-)

Keep up the good work - I look forward to the further development!

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Looks cool, and very reasonably priced. I'll be waiting for the windows version...

Sampleconstruct wrote:Spent an hour with it this morning: while The Mangle certainly has a great concept behind it and fantastic visualization of what's going on, it doesn't come anywhere near the complexity and density of grain clouds which can be produced with apps like e.g. HALion 5/Padshop Pro or crusherX.

But it's only the beginning of the Mangler, maybe the developer will expand the possibilities and e.g. add the possibility for multiple grain streams, add more filter types...
But I don't want it to be as complex or deep as HALion! :P I think Mangle's strength relies in simplicity, fast drag and drop workflow and quick results. No 250 features, knobs and pages effects, but pure straight forward granular synthesis.

Neon Breath wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Spent an hour with it this morning: while The Mangle certainly has a great concept behind it and fantastic visualization of what's going on, it doesn't come anywhere near the complexity and density of grain clouds which can be produced with apps like e.g. HALion 5/Padshop Pro or crusherX.

But it's only the beginning of the Mangler, maybe the developer will expand the possibilities and e.g. add the possibility for multiple grain streams, add more filter types...
But I don't want it to be as complex or deep as HALion! :P I think Mangle's strength relies in simplicity, fast drag and drop workflow and quick results. No 250 features, knobs and pages effects, but pure straight forward granular synthesis.
Exactly :-)
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Neon Breath wrote:

Well, what you want it to be and what I want it to be might differ. I don't want it to be anything really, I just compared the sound possibilities of The Mangler to my favourite granular tools, that's all. After all the dev decides what he wants it to be, and if enough users want that too, as it seems now, it's all good.
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bought it. Seriously that's it. No more purchases till New Years. :wink:

Well, I am watching closely for the WinPC format...

Looks very nice. Count me as another waiting for a Windows release.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I didn't see it - what's the copy protection scheme? If serial, I'm in :-)
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

medienhexer wrote:I didn't see it - what's the copy protection scheme? If serial, I'm in :-)
During the beta, there is no copy protection scheme. I will probably have to implement serial for 1.0, if only so I can offer a trial version. But I'm gonna spend like 10 minutes on it, only the bare minimum of security. I don't feel like playing cat and mouse with pirates, if they steal it they steal it.

Consider me another one to wait for a Windows 64 version.

widdershins wrote:
medienhexer wrote:I didn't see it - what's the copy protection scheme? If serial, I'm in :-)
During the beta, there is no copy protection scheme. I will probably have to implement serial for 1.0, if only so I can offer a trial version. But I'm gonna spend like 10 minutes on it, only the bare minimum of security. I don't feel like playing cat and mouse with pirates, if they steal it they steal it.
Great! Maybe talk to Urs, he seems to be willing to share his concepts. Or since you're using JUCE anyways, Julien offers a pre-made concept for key file security, as far as I remember.

But let me say: no C/R and no dongle just put you on my shopping list right there.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

widdershins wrote: But I'm gonna spend like 10 minutes on it, only the bare minimum of security. I don't feel like playing cat and mouse with pirates, if they steal it they steal it.

I like your attitude, that's exactly, how I feel about it! :tu:

No issues yet on a non-retina i7 MBP running 10.7.5.

Creating some lovely textures, soundscapes and abstract beats. :)
Image Image

polyslax wrote:No issues yet on a non-retina i7 MBP running 10.7.5.

Creating some lovely textures, soundscapes and abstract beats. :)
Great! When will we get to hear some of them on Sound Cloud?

-

Return to “Instruments”