New granular synth: The Mangle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

LimboLoves wrote:Donato, it may be worth it to wait for the finished v1. Who knows what will be added and what will be fixed. Just a thought.

Sure. No doubt it's a great product even in the current stage. I already sold my copy though. I was looking to downsize as I had way too many things.

If I was going to upload a few presets, do I need to do it special? Need the original .wav files included?

Also, is anyone else having a problem with playing chords on piano roll? I am only using one timbre for a choir sound and it will play one chord, then the next, then it combines the second and first, then the first. I am confused, and there is no manual. Any ideas?

LimboLoves wrote:If I was going to upload a few presets, do I need to do it special? Need the original .wav files included?

Also, is anyone else having a problem with playing chords on piano roll? I am only using one timbre for a choir sound and it will play one chord, then the next, then it combines the second and first, then the first. I am confused, and there is no manual. Any ideas?
Do you have 'toggle mode' activated? At the right of the GUI, just above the filter type selector. Having it switched on means the played notes will 'stick' until you play them again.

cron wrote:
LimboLoves wrote:If I was going to upload a few presets, do I need to do it special? Need the original .wav files included?

Do you have 'toggle mode' activated? At the right of the GUI, just above the filter type selector. Having it switched on means the played notes will 'stick' until you play them again.

Thanks I'll try that tonight

donato wrote:
LimboLoves wrote:Donato, it may be worth it to wait for the finished v1. Who knows what will be added and what will be fixed. Just a thought.

Sure. No doubt it's a great product even in the current stage. I already sold my copy though. I was looking to downsize as I had way too many things.
Yes I agree, it is a fine synth but I need to 'sacrifice' some synths too if I want to make some music. I can't ignore opening them when I see them in the list!

Anyway, I sold the synth few days ago and still waiting an answer or update from the developer.

Another nice thing to be added would be a sinkable amp rate. I get some cool grooves but it's hard to get the BPM right.

isitsomehow possible to sync the samples to your host tempo?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Is there any way this could be made to stream real-time audio in, in addition to loading samples. I'd like a nice software version of the Red Panda Particle pedal. The Mangle could be a candidate.

-u
"I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time they probably shouldn't." -M. Simpson

Yeahh, new update. :D

Mangle 0.7.6b Update, just got the email...
I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

The new features are pretty sweet, feelslike a 'proper' granular synth now with the increased grain rates and grains per voice
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Ye, quite stoked with all the tweaks. Some things can still be refined I think, but so far so good :D
Eternitysound VST Banks

Just received my email too :).

One question though: If I add an LFO or randomness to a certain parameter by dragging the LFO or RDN, a window opens where I can than move a slide and next to that slide there's a number. It can be moved between 1.00 and 9.99. What is its purpose?
First I thought if I move the slide the number changes and vice-versa, but they don't seem to be linked...

Thanks for your help.
Mirko

This grain synth is crazy!

Ok in the new version when I move the slider the number changes and vice-versa, so problem solved :).
To the developer: the new version is amazing!

any "whats new" or history for the new build?:)

Return to “Instruments”