New granular synth: The Mangle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

Just stumbled on this one. New and still in beta stage, but already available (OSX only, for now).

Although there are already plenty of granular synths out there, this one seems quite interesting for its drag & drop modulation workflow right on the sources… Quite impressive smooth clouds of grains too, from the video.

Video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjKu8hd3Z_E#t=379

From the website: There is no trial version for now, you can buy the beta or wait for the trial with version 1.0.

I'll definitely keep an eye on this one :D

Please windows :)

Kenit wrote:Please windows :)
On the website:

Mac AU & VST, 32/64bit - Windows VST coming very soon. Customers will have access to both Windows & Mac versions.

THAT is absolutely f'n brilliant!!!

I was ready to buy it 20-seconds into the video, even though I don't have a Mac, as he will be doing a Windows version "soon", however ~ Windows 7, yes... Windows 8, no. Sooo... we will have to wait and see.

What an awesome app though.

:tu:
Last edited by Shabdahbriah on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Looks great, look forward to the Win version

yep, I'll be right on it when the windows version is kicking.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

I have to admit I'm a bit nervous buying & paying for a beta version, and not being able to try it first. But man, this thing looks cool! :-o

Neon Breath wrote:
Kenit wrote:Please windows :)
On the website:

Mac AU & VST, 32/64bit - Windows VST coming very soon. Customers will have access to both Windows & Mac versions.
Thank you, Neon Breath.
Yeah, really cool product.
Looking forward to Windows version.

does look really cool...wonder about performance manipulations (IE modulation routing for keyboard controllers, AT, Modwheel...playability? velocity map to grain times [start, duration, etc])
looks a little like the love child of Granite and the ipad Borderlands app ;)
staying tuned...

Many nice idea, and refreshing look, like to drag the modulation to the source.
Simple and nice.

I wonder if NI will pull an "Apple" and sue this guy for being similar to Massive's modulation.

NAD wrote:I wonder if NI will pull an "Apple" and sue this guy for being similar to Massive's modulation.
It gives me the impression of a cross between an NI product (The Mouth, The Finger, The Mangle...?) and a ValhallaDSP product (scalable vector UI, contributing to the general look), but with different knobs. But not really close enough to sue over, I don't think.

And I'm impressed. Looking forward to that PC version!

Hello everyone, I'm the developer. Thanks for the kind words everybody!

I was going to make a post here myself, but I thought I'd wait until I'd had a few reports back from testers before publicising it too much. The beta period, young though it is, has already been very useful and I just made my first update, which drastically improves stability.

I hope to have a Windows version out before Christmas, so watch this space. I'll probably make a KVR post when Windows version & beta testing is complete.

In the meantime, there's lots I want to improve, so I'll be slogging away to get this thing polished! :help:

If you have any questions, feel free to reply here, I'll try to answer anything that I can. Best,

Tom Maisey - Sound Guru

widdershins wrote:Hello everyone, I'm the developer. Thanks for the kind words everybody!

I was going to make a post here myself, but I thought I'd wait until I'd had a few reports back from testers before publicising it too much. The beta period, young though it is, has already been very useful and I just made my first update, which drastically improves stability.

I hope to have a Windows version out before Christmas, so watch this space. I'll probably make a KVR post when Windows version & beta testing is complete.

In the meantime, there's lots I want to improve, so I'll be slogging away to get this thing polished! :help:

If you have any questions, feel free to reply here, I'll try to answer anything that I can. Best,

Tom Maisey - Sound Guru
:tu:

Be sure to keep us updated here in this thread. I feel good things coming for this thing!

widdershins wrote:Hello everyone, I'm the developer. Thanks for the kind words everybody!

Tom Maisey - Sound Guru
Any plans for Pro Tools AAX?
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Return to “Instruments”