New granular synth: The Mangle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

An excellent looking instrument.

Will buy as soon as there's confirmation of Win 7 compatibility.

Also looking forward to Win version :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

windows users have enough kit to play with. This is one of those high quality effects that is made for mac. :borg: :box:

Dasheesh wrote:windows users have enough kit to play with. This is one of those high quality effects that is made for mac. :borg: :box:
Shush - back to your darth father ashtray ;-)

Bought it instantly, now waiting patiently for the Windows version.

Beautiful work!

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Hi, it seems very nice !
Also looking forward to Win version ;)

You should just GET IT DONE. You can port it to pc as your next project.

I am very interested in this, especially the workflow.Windows next!

Just hit on this thread now and was going to buy the beta immediately, until I got that double slap in the face: no 10.6.8 support.

No way I'm going to move my stable audio environment from SL in the foreseeable future, although I use an external 10.8 for video work.

So, no 10.6.8 support, no sale. A great shame, really.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

what's the problem with 10.8+? never had a cough on anything newer than 10.8

man, the vid sounds shiiiiiiiiiiinyyy, will definitely try befriending this fella. Multi-outputs on the list, perhaps?

edit: someone asked before, worth asking again - performance modulation support? aftertouch on volume of some melting noise spits with modwheel on a fat chick belly-dancing in granular would be wicked!
Brzzzzzzt.

elnn wrote:what's the problem with 10.8+? never had a cough on anything newer than 10.8
The problem is: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

With 407 items in my Components folder, I'm not likely to take chances for the sake of one 'luxury' (meaning not bread'n'butter) synth, am I? ;-)

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

padillac wrote:Looks neat - how does it compare to Granite?
Well, pretty different actually. Mangle is way waaaaay more smooth and fluid in term of sound. That's because you have much more control over the grain envelope shape. You can make it sounds like rusty sharp needles or fluid metal liquid :D Grains also seem to overlap much more than in Granite, create lush and dense grain clouds. The modulation workflow in Granite where you can record your gestures is still unequal and unique though. But the very quick and easy drag & drop modulation right on sources is genius and works really well.

To sum it all, to my ears Mangle simply sounds way much better. Granite is still really fun to use and its workflow is still unique & pretty inspiring.

I've been a fan of Granite since day one but I think I now have a new favorite! :P To me, The Mangle will be (well already is!) a winner once it is officially released, no doubt.
Last edited by Neon Breath on Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Spitfire31 wrote:
elnn wrote:what's the problem with 10.8+? never had a cough on anything newer than 10.8
The problem is: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

With 407 items in my Components folder, I'm not likely to take chances for the sake of one 'luxury' (meaning not bread'n'butter) synth, am I? ;-)

/Joachim
Then, what exactly are you complaining about? Things progress and new products come to market in response to new advances and updates in things like computer operating systems. If you choose to live well behind the curve, then why complain about not being able to live on the cutting edge?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I bought it instantly too. I have absolutely no use for granular synths in my music, but I love playing with them. I bought Granite on offer, and am pleased with it, and this one is really lovely too. Although I haven't gotten a decent patch out of it, dragging the position control is a joy in itself.

And the layering could be a neat way of coming up with new rhythm loops. At this price, I can only say: grab it and play.

Bought it!
PC of course.
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

Instant buy.

Neon Breath: You know my weaknesses! My paypal account and you do NOT get along. :hihi:

To the dev: Nice work! Looking forward to seeing where this will go in the future. Started a thread over on ambient online about it...you might want to sign up for our site and chime in sometime! You'll most likely have some fans over there too. ;)

http://www.ambientonline.org/forum/show ... The-Mangle
Thanks again for the synth. Looking forward to using it in production!

Cheers,
-S1gns
S1gns Of L1fe
Ambient Music Producer | Content Creator

Return to “Instruments”