New granular synth: The Mangle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

S1gnsOfL1fe wrote:Instant buy.

Neon Breath: You know my weaknesses! My paypal account and you do NOT get along. :hihi:
Hahaha nice one :hihi:

One hell of a grain synth eh? What a discovery! The dev really got a winner between his hands.

what got me most was the ability to visualize what is happening. I hope the developer keeps on that track. That's one thing I love about the IOS Samplr too. I really like the visual feedback direction apps are moving in.

killmaster wrote:what got me most was the ability to visualize what is happening. I hope the developer keeps on that track. That's one thing I love about the IOS Samplr too. I really like the visual feedback direction apps are moving in.
This and that it seems it'll be a great synth to play with.

Don't forget and don't hesitate to send your crashes and bugs to the developer, he's a really nice guy to chat with! :D ...And really motivated to perfect & improve the Mangle.

cryophonik wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:
elnn wrote:what's the problem with 10.8+? never had a cough on anything newer than 10.8
The problem is: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

With 407 items in my Components folder, I'm not likely to take chances for the sake of one 'luxury' (meaning not bread'n'butter) synth, am I? ;-)

/Joachim
Then, what exactly are you complaining about? Things progress and new products come to market in response to new advances and updates in things like computer operating systems. If you choose to live well behind the curve, then why complain about not being able to live on the cutting edge?
Where did I complain? I said I feel it's a shame I can't use it and therefore won't buy it. No reflection on the product at all. Maybe I'll buy it eventually, if it can tie in with some video project on ML.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Yeah, I'm in, less than the price of a mediocre dinner in a pseudo-indian restaurant, it's a total bargain.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Yeah, I'm in, less than the price of a mediocre dinner in a pseudo-indian restaurant, it's a total bargain.
By knowing your passion for whole grains, you gonna have a mad fun with it I'm sure!

Neon Breath wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Yeah, I'm in, less than the price of a mediocre dinner in a pseudo-indian restaurant, it's a total bargain.
By knowing your passion for whole grains, you gonna have a mad fun with it I'm sure!
I fear so :) - thank's for posting this, Seb!

Wow! Purchased! The video made me do it. :love:
jeremywentworth.com - music and software

Purchased, happy to support development of this awesome looking/sounding synth!
Image Image

In case anyone didn't find out or wondering if it's possible, here a tricky one: you can zoom into the waveform by using the small waveform thumbnail located at the bottom right of the main waveform window, and click-down & up to zoom in & out, and click left & right to scroll :D

Bought. Waiting (im)patiently for a Windows port!

Spent an hour with it this morning: while The Mangle certainly has a great concept behind it and fantastic visualization of what's going on, it doesn't come anywhere near the complexity and density of grain clouds which can be produced with apps like e.g. HALion 5/Padshop Pro or crusherX.

But it's only the beginning of the Mangler, maybe the developer will expand the possibilities and e.g. add the possibility for multiple grain streams, add more filter types...

Sampleconstruct wrote:Spent an hour with it this morning: while The Mangle certainly has a great concept behind it and fantastic visualization of what's going on, it doesn't come anywhere near the complexity and density of grain clouds which can be produced with apps like e.g. HALion 5/Padshop Pro or crusherX.

But it's only the beginning of the Mangler, maybe the developer will expand the possibilities and e.g. add the possibility for multiple grain streams, add more filter types...
Thanks, this answered my question earlier in the thread :-)

Sampleconstruct wrote:Spent an hour with it this morning: while The Mangle certainly has a great concept behind it and fantastic visualization of what's going on, it doesn't come anywhere near the complexity and density of grain clouds which can be produced with apps like e.g. HALion 5/Padshop Pro or crusherX.

Hi, I wasn't aware of crusherX, I will have a look at it to see what it can do. You're right that the Mangle's feature set is fairly small at the moment, and there is undoubtedly scope to improve it. I'd like to try and do that in a way that keeps the synth simple to use, so I imagine the UI work will be at least as long as the actual DSP. Thanks for your remarks.

Return to “Instruments”