New granular synth: The Mangle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

These are the update notes:
And here are the changes since the last beta:

- Increased highest grain rate from 100Hz to 250Hz. Beware, High grain rates can consume a lot of CPU!
- Increased possible number of simultaneous grains per voice from 300 to 1000.
- Can now change the grain rate quantization from a dropdown on the main panel (much faster access)
- You can now drag across all Sequencer sliders to set a sequence quickly.
- You can now optionally swap the L/R channels of stereo grains alternately or randomly (or not at all of course). Useful for re-balancing the stereo field for hard-panned audio files.
- Functions of the mini-dropdowns on the main knob labels are clearer now with appropriate icons.
- Fixed crash when adjusting all stages of an envelope to 0.
- "Duration" knob's label now changes to reflect which part of the grain envelope it's affecting.
- Grain envelope display now 'rezooms' correctly to fill the window when changed from the yellow Grain envelope shortcut knob.
- Voice env can now also be used as a regular modulator (though it's still always hardwired to the overall amplitude).
- Issues with buffer sizes larger than 4096 fixed.
- Big improvement to workflow when an audio file in a preset is not found. (Locate file, optionally resave preset).

Is there a manual for The Mangle somewhere?

it's look good :)

is it possible to timestretch to host tempo?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Rah wrote:Is there a manual for The Mangle somewhere?
nope, not yet.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Yesterday I sent an email with some basic questions about Mangle to "Sound Guru" and still waiting for an reply. Does anybody know how long it usually takes?

Thanks.
yzcoruhT

YMMV but Sound Guru was very quick to respond when I needed technical support a while back. I ran into issues using very large buffer sizes (fixed in latest version).

cron wrote:YMMV but Sound Guru was very quick to respond when I needed technical support a while back. I ran into issues using very large buffer sizes (fixed in latest version).
Good to know, but I'm still waiting... :neutral:
yzcoruhT

I beta tested the Mangle at some point at the beginning and I had a fast back & forth communication with him, lots of feedback and replies but he suddenly stopped replying to my Mangle report and tests. Don’t know why. Since then, silence.

Neon Breath wrote:I beta tested the Mangle at some point at the beginning and I had a fast back & forth communication with him, lots of feedback and replies but he suddenly stopped replying to my Mangle report and tests. Don’t know why. Since then, silence.
Same here.
The Mangle is very good, by the way. And stable on my system, so an erratic development path is not a showstopper at all on my side ;)

I am loving the synth too. I am hoping the final version will have a more syncable rate knob for making more musical arps. Otherwise this is great for pads. I've made some cool things from choir sounds and microphone feedback.

sinkmusic wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:I beta tested the Mangle at some point at the beginning and I had a fast back & forth communication with him, lots of feedback and replies but he suddenly stopped replying to my Mangle report and tests. Don’t know why. Since then, silence.
Same here.
The Mangle is very good, by the way. And stable on my system, so an erratic development path is not a showstopper at all on my side ;)
Oh yeah for sure that was not a rant but just a simple fact for the ones waiting for feedback by the dev. Just don’t hope too much. But it’s really great granular synth! Very powerful and it already blows away many other granular synths outhere…

LimboLoves wrote:I am loving the synth too. I am hoping the final version will have a more syncable rate knob for making more musical arps. Otherwise this is great for pads. I've made some cool things from choir sounds and microphone feedback.
If I correctly understand what you want to do, it already does! Head into the slot setup panel and there's an option for quantising grains. Activate quantise grains, select the note divisors you want underneath, and the rate knob switches to rhythmic values. Wicked in combination with the sequencer modulator.

Two days ago I needed to take one "aaah" sound from a certain sample and smear it nicely for another uses. It was pain in Alchemy as you don't see properly the startiing position, It was pain in Granite as there is no init preset, It was pain in that big Reaktor cloud thingy as there is just toooooooo much control. But this little badie did the job in a minute! I'm loving this synth! :)
Evovled into noctucat...
http://www.noctucat.com/

Little story for potentional buyers:

I sold IK Total Workstation here in Market Place week ago and licence transfer took a lot of time, and lot of email has been sent until they transfered licence to someone else. I thought, that IK has the worst support of all. I changed my mind!

I bought The Mangle more than month ago. I sent an email (about money refund) to Tom before I purchased it, because there's no demo version. I didn't get any reply, but I decided to buy it, because I have seen someone selling his Mangle licence here in Market Place (and Tom performed transfer). I had some questions about Mangle and find "a bug" and sent him another email. I didn't get any reply again! Therefore I decided to sell my licence to someone else and I asked Tom (again via email) to transfer my licence. Did I get reply? No! I sent him few other emails, but it's still the same! I asked some guys here if they know another contact on Tom, but it's annoying for me (and also for them). I also tried to Tweet him. No reply!

It's really funny. If you buy The Mangle, you get an email with download link and this info:
"Dear blah blah blah,

You can download The Mangle (beta) at

https://link

Please note, the download link will expire after 120 hours from now or after 5 attempts, whichever event happens first.

Thanks for helping me make the Mangle! I will email you to inform you of updated versions.

Please feel free to email me personally at tommaisey@gmail.com to report bugs or request features. Many thanks!"
There's no demo, I don't know nothing about full money refund, Tom does not reply emails, tweets... really bad support for this great plugin and no support for paying customer! Did I something wrong? I just want to transfer my licence correctly for someone else with all rights (included updates, etc.).

Excuse my English.
yzcoruhT

Return to “Instruments”