New granular synth: The Mangle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

can't seem to change filter type, anybody having this issue?

edit: nevermind, so weird windows bug.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

I really wonder if Mangle has been abandoned... No update nor any words from the dev anymore... Anyone knows or heard something?

I just recently got re-interested in the Mangle so I hope it has not been abandoned.

I have been looking at the TimeFreezer. Very smooth!
http://www.timefreezer.net/
and and wondering it the Freeze in the Mangler is as good as TimeFreezer.
The TimeFreezer is $99 whereas the Mangler is $30.

He said he's been busy with freelance work, I think there's a post about that in this thread somewhere.

Edit: I think it was on his Twitter account. :ud:

Just started with this vst. Strange thing I noticed was that if on 1 slot you click in the waveform again then it seems to trigger it twice getting a phased effect. Or clicking the white arrows a second time. But now I can't recreate what I just did. I think I had 2 slots with the same clip but one was muted? If I click the waveform then this toggles the slots - the yellow boxes go grey or yellow. I am a bit confused now.

Oh, mouse trigger or toggle mode. Mouse trigger on needs 2 clicks to move those arrows. But still can't remember how I did the 2 phasing clips on 1 slot.

Hey! How's the development progressing?
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Hello everyone, I'm extremely sorry for my poor communication over the last few months. I am very close to a new release, it should be ready in a day or two. I will post a changelog here when it's done.

^ Sorry to bother you, but can you take a look at your email inbox?
There should be an email with the title "Mangle license transfer"

btw, good luck with the development, even though I don't have Mangle anymore, I'll keep an eye out for it! :)

Perfect timing:) I was just about to get into the mangle again... Looking forward to the update.

widdershins wrote:Hello everyone, I'm extremely sorry for my poor communication over the last few months. I am very close to a new release, it should be ready in a day or two. I will post a changelog here when it's done.
Ahh!
Very good news!
I Love your synth and I'm very curious to read the changelog!! :tu:

Ps:hope you keep xp "alive" (actually it works perfect on my old xp pc)
:tu:

widdershins wrote:Hello everyone, I'm extremely sorry for my poor communication over the last few months. I am very close to a new release, it should be ready in a day or two. I will post a changelog here when it's done.
Good news, i think we all were a bit worried. It's great that you are back in action and can hopefully get this out in december. It would be a nice Christmas present :wink:
I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

Changelog for 0.8b:
- Minor layout redesign: settings now on tabs on main faceplate, rounded corners begone!
- Modulations can now run 'via' another modulator, which modulates the intensity of the modulation.
- Added "Loop" option (in Position tab) which allows you to set a region and speed over which the position will continuously loop. This is similar to setting a saw wave LFO to position, but comes with some improvements - e.g. can go slower, and 'wraps' back to the start of the waveform (rather than stopping at the end).
- You can now set the folder in which to look for presets.
- Lock icons on main parameters now only highlighted if a lock is active.
- Fixed crashing bug when changing an LFO parameter by typing in an amount.
- Copy/paste of sound slots etc. now works between different instances of the plugin.
- Now dynamically resizes internal buffers if user has a buffer size over 4096 samples (before having large buffer sizes resulted in no sound or a crash). It's difficult to know how this will play with all the different hosts - let me know if you use large buffer sizes and still get problems.
- Further improvements to workflow when samples are not found.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

New version - sweet!

Glad to see some life. I can't wait til November for v1!

Return to “Instruments”