New granular synth: The Mangle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

Maybe the OSX 10.6 agony is not so great compared to the number of people (including me) waiting for a PC version!

Synth reminds me a lot of a Reaktor ensemble - which is a good thing :-)

marcoskohler wrote:Does this work with Mavericks?
Yes, I'm developing it on Mavericks right now. I just realised the website is ambiguous - I changed it from "10.7 required" to "10.7 or greater required".
coincidental wrote: Good news! Looks like you've chosen a really focused feature set and done it properly - I'm looking forward to it :tu:

Can the sequencer steps be constrained in fractions? Can you copy/paste modulations between layers? And do a video showing how the multiple slots can be mixed! Actually, ignore all that - just get and finish it! :D
Yes, the sequencer steps can be triggered by grain(s), seconds or beats. In seconds and beats mode, you can input any fractional number.

I'm still not 100% sure I've got tempo-syncing perfect. The information provided by hosts on where exactly the playhead is in terms of beats & bars seems a bit unreliable. But I'll get there.

You can copy-paste between slots, choosing to paste: everything, just the audio sample, just the settings (all parameters & modulators) or just the sequences. Is that what you meant?

And I will be making a few short videos showing various aspects of the synth.

Looking forward to a VST version. Scaleable UI, uhmmm I like that. 8)
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

3ee wrote:Was so cool, I watched the video like 2-3 times :D .. waiting for the Win version! :)
Cheers"
It is just so damn-well brilliantly done! As soon as I saw the "grain dots" floating around the wave-form, I'm like... make sequential 'time-lapsed screen-grabs' ~ load into Harmor/PPG Wavegenerator! etc, etc.
cryophonik wrote:
UncleAge wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Shabdahbriah wrote:THAT is absolutely f'n brilliant!!!

I was ready to buy it 20-seconds into the video
I did
Me too.
Me three.
... getting it, now! I'll trash my laptop with a dual-boot into Windows-8 :bang: if I have to, but would REALLY prefer a Win-7 build if possible. However, even including the (new) OS price (and "classic shell" to make it almost bearable) it is worth the price, just to look at it dance across the screen.

:tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

widdershins wrote:You can copy-paste between slots, choosing to paste: everything, just the audio sample, just the settings (all parameters & modulators) or just the sequences. Is that what you meant?
Yes, just so. Sounds absolutely spiffing!
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

Getting my foot into this thread, what I don't need is another granulator but the interface and grain animation looks really beautiful in the video.

This looks bitchin.

Will be picking it up when the Windows version is released :)

Props to the dev, good job fella!
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Watched the video and bought it without hesitating.

Beautiful grain visualisation. I might just spend the night watching those colourful blobs dancing around....

I'm also very happy to see the way modulation system is implemented. Another synth that departs from the traditional and tired mod matrix approach - well done Sound Guru!
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Would be great if you could map the 8 sound blocks to pads

couldn't NOT throw in ;)
simply couldn't wait until win version 8]

Bought. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I would buy it ($32.73!) but Black Friday Sales emptied my pockets til the New Year. I look forward to hearing what all the Masters of Granular Synthesis come up with!

___

Looks and sounds very nice :-) Very easy to come up with a sound (Visualising is my way to imagine the sound).

Can you play two or three 'spots' at the same time? sorry if I miss it. There are 8 sound slots, does that mean I can load 8 samples and play them simultaneously?

Nice. :tu:
I'll keep an eye on it.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Bioethical Genome Modification.

Looks neat - how does it compare to Granite?

Return to “Instruments”