New granular synth: The Mangle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

Is there any way for me to buy CrusherX-Studio without getting charged VAT? I'm in the U.S., and it wants to automatically charge VAT on top of my order.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:Is there any way for me to buy CrusherX-Studio without getting charged VAT? I'm in the U.S., and it wants to automatically charge VAT on top of my order.
That doesn't sound right unless you're using a VPN to a euro server or something, and I don't even know if that works.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

rustman wrote:
deastman wrote:Is there any way for me to buy CrusherX-Studio without getting charged VAT? I'm in the U.S., and it wants to automatically charge VAT on top of my order.
That doesn't sound right unless you're using a VPN to a euro server or something, and I don't even know if that works.
same experience here. it adds VAT automatically and seems w/o exception.

edit: VAT is removed when clicking through to payment method after entering billing address etc.
Last edited by dayjob on Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think the dev is pretty responsive. Maybe ping him with a support email.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

dayjob wrote:
rustman wrote:
No proxy servers or anything like that. I've never run into this with any other company.

when i click through to the payment method it removes the VAT so price drops by 28 euros.

dayjob wrote:when i click through to the payment method it removes the VAT so price drops by 28 euros.
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

deastman wrote:
dayjob wrote:
rustman wrote:
No proxy servers or anything like that. I've never run into this with any other company.
You've obviously never purchased from Waldorf.

Hello all. Because I am also a bigwig see, as well as logic pro x, I finally decided to join this board.

I have a very amateur question:

In logic (as well as bitwig) I am having problems with the mangle. Most notably is I cannot record the sound output to another track.

I recognize that the mangle is an instrument, and that midi notes are just triggers (something else I have not been able to get to work, as well as midi controller control of all the parameters, such as amplitude and movement), thus I know any midi in input will not produce sound without it, however, I feel I should be able to preserve the results as an audio track, and for the life of me, have not been able to in either DAW.

Can anyone help me with this?

Is this the same with other Granular Synths? If I chose to spend the money to get Crusher X, or synth master, would this also happen with those as well?

Civa wrote:Hello all. Because I am also a bigwig see, as well as logic pro x, I finally decided to join this board.

In logic (as well as bitwig) I am having problems with the mangle. Most notably is I cannot record the sound output to another track.

I recognize that the mangle is an instrument, and that midi notes are just triggers (something else I have not been able to get to work, as well as midi controller control of all the parameters, such as amplitude and movement), thus I know any midi in input will not produce sound without it, however, I feel I should be able to preserve the results as an audio track, and for the life of me, have not been able to in either DAW.

Is this the same with other Granular Synths? If I chose to spend the money to get Crusher X, or synth master, would this also happen with those as well?
Just do a bus recording, route the Mangle to a Bus, select that Bus as an input for a new audio track, hit record, make sure you set either the output of the recording bus or the recording track (when software monitoring is enabled) to “no output“, to avoid signal doubling.

Civa wrote:Hello all. Because I am also a bigwig see, as well as logic pro x, I finally decided to join this board.

This is not special for granular synths, it's the same with any virtual instrument.

Simon already answered for Logic, in Bitwig Studio you have several options:
First make sure you record automation, it's the button next to the record button with the chainlink and the little "w". In the Options menu you find a setting "Write Automation on Record" which takes care of that automagically each time you record something.

To assign parameters to your controller (depends a bit on what kind you use) you can usually just click on the parameter you want to control in the VST GUI and wiggle it a bit. This selects it as the first parameter in the list in the Bitwig device and you can rightclick on it and select "Map to Controller or Key" and then wiggle the knob on your controller you want to use so they get linked.
Wiggling in the VST GUI is just a convenience though, you can also directly select the parameter in the Bitwig-Device GUI if you know it's name (or search for it with the searchfield on top).

Alternatively you can also move the knobs in the VST GUI while recording Midi & Automation and it will also get recorded.

Now that you have your performance recorded you can do the following:

- Rightclick on the recorded Midi clip and select "Bounce in Place" - this will convert the played Midi including automation to audio for just that clip.
You can also select only a part of the clip with the time selection tool and "Bounce in Place" that. Bitwig can mix audio and Midi on one (hybrid) track no problem. Since this will overwrite your clip with the bounced audio, you may want to duplicated the track/clip first in case you want to use it again.

- You can also convert the whole Track to audio by rightclicking it and selecting "Bounce". In that case you get a set of options, for now, just use the default and a new track is created for you with the audio on it. So in this case you don't have to worry about the old clips and can simply mute/disable the old track for later re-use.

But if you want to record your performance live as audio while you are playing, you can do basically the same as Simon explained for Logic:
Create a new audio track below your instrument track containing The Mangle and in the track-header (or inspector) select the track with The Mangle on it as input (either Pre or Post track fader, depending on if you want to also record the changes in track volume. Usually I would record Pre in this case).
To record, you have to record-enable both tracks (the first is recording the Midi you play while the second one is recording the result of that as audio).

Many ways to get to Rome ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

I live record plugins a lot as automation rarely cuts it for complex generative plugins, so made myself a template for this in Logic X - I've just modified it with The Mangle as the inserted instrument

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8cqgef1r5qma ... e.zip?dl=0

Holy shit - there's an update! Check your email everybody.

wow, wasn't expecting that!

did the dev put Wag's presets into it, so that he can stop crying about it?

Fantastico! :clap:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Return to “Instruments”