Camel Audio Alchemy: Please recommend a library.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there.
With Camel Audio's awesome 50% off Alchemy December sale, the added value bonus is "...and get a free sound library."

Anyone have an opinion on which library has your ear?
I own Water, Planet Earth, and Vintage (and use them with Alchemy Player atm).

FWIW, my other fav synths are Omnisphere, Albino 3, Absynth, and Linplug MorphoX. So I sure do love me some pads.
When I say pads, I don't mean the warped description of pads that means dance floor scraping sounds, but as it should mean: sounds with depth and meaning that surround you, more analog and less digital.

Any suggestions?

And Andy, you only get one post in this thread, so make it good. :)

Cinematic
Cinematic Atmospheres
Himalaya: Pads
Luftrum: Ambient
Atmospheric
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

All of them.

OK, one post :)

It's not possible to choose the signature banks with this offer (e.g. Luftrum, Ian Boddy: Analogica, Steamworx). The choice must be from one of the sound libs listed below.

Out of these, I think the most popular choice has been Dream Voices. It has more than 50 pads and soundscapes so would probably suit you're needs quite well. Check out the demos on this page:

http://www.camelaudio.com/Dream-Voices- ... ibrary.php

Cinematic would be another fine choice:

http://www.camelaudio.com/Cinematic-Sou ... ibrary.php

Peace,
Andy.

Arp Dimensions
Atmospheric
BigTone
Cameleon: Remixed
Cinematic
Cinematic Atmospheres (75 presets)
Cinematic Impacts (75 presets)
Dance & Trance
Dream Voices
Dubstep (75 presets)
Electronic
Electronic Bass
Guitar Mutations
Junkie XL
Minimal Techno (75 presets)
Planet Earth
... space is the place ...

Between your list and ZPH's list I would say it would depend on where you want to take the synth.

But the two I would go for from the ZPH (CA) list is Guitar Mutations first and Dream Voices second. I do remember thinking DV would be specialized as I heard others talk about it being. But it is one of my surprised favorites. Nice rhythmic stuff packed in that one.

I think I use Guitar Mutations the most though.
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

Luftrum and himalaya are my faves for pads. Cheers :)

ZenPunkHippy wrote:OK, one post :)

It's not possible to choose the signature banks with this offer (e.g. Luftrum, Ian Boddy: Analogica, Steamworx). The choice must be from one of the sound libs listed below.

Out of these, I think the most popular choice has been Dream Voices. It has more than 50 pads and soundscapes so would probably suit you're needs quite well. Check out the demos on this page...
Thanks, Andy, that clears it up quite a bit with the limitations. :) You're saving me the time of listening to Luftrum (although I do like his other patchwork, very much so).

I've been listening on another background tab/webpage for the last 45 minutes, and so far it's Dream Voices vs Big Tone.

I appreciate all suggestions, of course. I don't just roll with presets. I value the samples provided as fodder for customization.

Oh ok sorry for not reading properly lionscub and Andy..! :oops:

In that case definitely voices :)

lionscub68 wrote: I own Water, Planet Earth, and Vintage (and use them with Alchemy Player atm).

FWIW, my other fav synths are Omnisphere, Albino 3, Absynth, and Linplug MorphoX. So I sure do love me some pads.
When I say pads, I don't mean the warped description of pads that means dance floor scraping sounds, but as it should mean: sounds with depth and meaning that surround you, more analog and less digital.

Any suggestions?
"sounds with depth and meaning that surround you, more analog..."
Atmospheric
BigTone
Cinematic
Cinematic Atmospheres
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

Any of the Cinematic libraries.

BigTone!

OK, maybe not "analog" in the typical sense, but Dream Voices has some incredible pads and the raw materials for building some really organic and ethereal sounding pads. It's a must-have IMO.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

BBFG# wrote: Atmospheric
BigTone
Cinematic
Cinematic Atmospheres
As much as I like what I heard in the Cinematic demos, I've definitely got it paired down to 3: BigTone, Cameleon:Remixed, and Dream Voices.

But right now it's late, and I gotta crash; I'll sleep on it and choose tomorrow. I hear some sonic crossover with Omnisphere, which is actually a good thing for "my sound." This is about having a sonic palette to choose from that meshes with my style. I just need to figure out which is more complimentary, and I'm golden.

Thanks, fellow KVRians.
Maybe this'll help out others looking at this deal, too.

I have, in order of unabashed favorite (I love them all equally)

3) Bigtone
2) Luftrum Ambient
1) Himalaya Pads

and thoroughly recommend them. Oh no the sounds don't always stay the same when I get done with them, but every time I start they inspire something. These guys know what they're up to.

When I get rich I'm sure I'll also go after Vintage for Alchemy, and Virus, and... and... all of 'em. Just to play 'em and tweak for hours. Days.

I wanna be free for a year just to play with audio gear. My gear.

:love:

Codestation wrote:
When I get rich I'm sure I'll also go after Vintage for Alchemy, and Virus, and...
I have the Vintage Library, it's what got me interested. I used Alchemy player al this time. The Vintage is def worth it, more so if you're an old fogey like me in your mid-40s. A lot of true Vintage sounds in there. Jupiter-worthy.

Return to “Instruments”