Humanoid Sound Systems Enzyme, half price until end May

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Enzyme Enzyme Player

CM with Enzyme is due to be published tomorrow, Wedn Feb 26, look out for it :)

I bought it at WHSmith this morning. ;)

eidenk wrote:I bought it at WHSmith this morning. ;)
So have you had a chance to check out the plug ? :hyper:

Numanoid wrote:
eidenk wrote:I bought it at WHSmith this morning. ;)
So have you had a chance to check out the plug ? :hyper:
I did briefly but sample-based stuff isn't really my cup of tea so you'll have to wait for someone else for thoughtful comments I am afraid. Basically I just checked out if it was running OK on my rig and it does.

eidenk wrote:Basically I just checked out if it was running OK on my rig and it does.
Well, that is some good news already there :D

Enzyme is not really sample based in any conventional sense.

Is it too early to ask what are the limitations between the full version and the CM one ?
I might try the CM version before trying the full version demo.
I keep some very good souvenirs from Scanned Synth, and i like Sample-based synths :D

IIRs wrote:Enzyme is not really sample based in any conventional sense.
Just added the mag to my CM Vault, the download for Enzyme CM is 530 MB! :o

At such a dimension I would suspect some samples going on in the plug....

Can't download so much while I am still at work, so dunno if the zip file contains more than just the plug?

Will have to investigate later today, something to look forward to :)

Numanoid wrote:

Can't download so much while I am still at work, so dunno if the zip file contains more than just the plug?

Samples are used to define the shapes of the hammer, or the distribution of masses in the scanned synthesis model etc. They are not played back directly, or even re synthesized in an Alchemy style. Hence my phrase: not sample based in any conventional sense. :)

IIRs wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

Samples are used to define the shapes of the hammer, or the distribution of masses in the scanned synthesis model etc. They are not played back directly, or even re synthesized in an Alchemy style. Hence my phrase: not sample based in any conventional sense. :)
Thx for this explanation. Tbh I tried to write something similar but gave up because I could not find the right words for it and how to describe the synthesis engine. It is pretty unique and prdouces timbres I have never heard before.

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

This is how the CM GUI looks like:

The zip download from CM Vault contains both the PC and Mac installer, both which is about 260 MB. Gotta feel a little for those on fixed rate download rates, as they need to download double of what is needed....

Thank you, Humanoid.

Unfortunately compared to the full version, the options for Synthesis, Modulation and Effects are not included in the CM version.

The Performance slots also appears to be locked.

So the Enzyme CM version is to me a bit like a rompler, with hard coded performances that can be tweaked.

It comes with 50 presets to play with. Presets can only be loaded, not saved

I have browsed through the presets, they sound pretty good, but the heavy limitations on this version of the plugin makes my first impressions of it not so good. In a nutshell it is a rompler with 50 presets that you can tweak a bit, but if you alter or change a preset you can't save it for later use :(

Very misleading to describe this as a rompler!
Granted it seems you can't design your own sounds in the CM version so you will rely on presets. But the samples are not played back directly as they are in a rompler, and the sounds from Enzyme are constantly changing and evolving in ways no rompler could reproduce.

I would describe the CM version more as a Player. But obviously not limited in voices or anything else. You just can´t create your own sounds. Actually I think its a good move. You can always try the demo to get an idea about the synthesis engine on your own.

And why do I think it`s a good move? Do you remember your first time using a synth? Turning knobs but nothing happened? That happened to me in the first week and I spent most of my spare time with it (ask my girlfriend about it. She was not that happy).

I think I am pretty experienced in all kind of synthesis concepts and I like some more than others. But this one is completely different than anything else I have worked with before whether it was soft- or hardware. And I like that. It is a really fresh concept. And it keeps me thinking. :D
Numanoid wrote:...The Performance slots also appears to be locked...(
They are not locked but can only assigned via mod matrix. So if there is no mod matrix (which is bloody awesome btw aside from the used column size) then there is no chance to map the performance controllers manually to your need.

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Return to “Instruments”