Diversion 1.4 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diversion Diversity 2 for Diversion Diversity for Diversion

UPD. The update 1.4 has been released, here is a quick link.

Hello guys! Diversion 1.3 available now. You could download the new version from here:

For Windows: http://dmitrysches.com/files/DiversionSetup_132.exe
For Mac: http://dmitrysches.com/files/Diversion_132_MacOS.zip

This time the update is not huge, but quite interesting. The update is all about samples. Diversion can play samples and do granular synthesis, though there is no support for AIFF and multisamples, for now just WAV.

In order to make fun from all of this, there is record button added to Diversion. Now you can click record button, play MIDI and record output audio. In a single menu click you can insert the recorded sample back into oscillator and continue over again.

Apart from samples, there are lots of minor fixes for GUI and stability both for Mac and Win. And finally, Diversion goes on sale and costs $89 (excl. VAT) until 2014 Jan 15.

Have fun and thanks guys for your support!
Last edited by sches on Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:34 am, edited 9 times in total.

Talk about good timing! I was just wondering when the update (and sale!!!) would come out! My money is ready! :)

edit: Download is really slow... Hope it will end before the sale is over (just kidding, but it is slow).
Last edited by xx JPRacer xx on Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sounds great, I have to check it out :)

:cry: i was just putting mine for sale as i read this :cry:

Oh well, that's life :)

Just wow! The workflow is really good. Auto-record, play something and send to an osc or save for later! Rinse and repeat!

Maybe I'm blind but I can't find any preset using the new granular feature?

absolute beast of a synth this one, cant wait to try the new features out :)

Sampling+ a granular engine is the last I expected for this update, sounds great. The download server sucks though, it says 3 hours for 200 MB, which usually download in 35 seconds.
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sches wrote:This time the update is not huge, but quite interesting.
Dmitry: If I ever met somebody with a sliiiiiiight inclination towards understatement, it's you :-)

So you just slapped audio-self-recording in, a sample engine and a grain engine and give that update to us for free?

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much, this makes my day :-)

Cheers,

Tom

(Just kidding, I like understatement a lot actually, especially if it comes from somebody as capable as you)

(Download speed started slow but went up quite a bit then. Took maybe 5 minutes with DSL here.)
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Just what I was thinking - the art of understatement. Thanks for this.

Are there new presets showing off the new granular capabilities?

Hang on though - if it can record audio then does that mean there's also an effect version now too? (otherwise how would you route audio into it?)

ouch, at first the new version appeared to murder my cpu more than the last one.

Then i realised my laptop charger had unplugged and it was in power saving mode.. ;-)

Ahh, dl speed is better now.

No audio in version :(

Not sure I see the point of just recording the sounds Diversion already makes

There's a typo in the output recorder save as setting for the default file name "Recodring"

aMUSEd wrote:No audio in version :(

There's a typo in the output recorder save as setting for the default file name "Recodring"
You can sample the output and then put that sample immediately through Diversion again. Quite interesting IMO. Create your "oscillator" on the fly...

As for an effect version: There is the great DiversionFX in the CM magazine...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

ThomasHelzle wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:No audio in version :(

You can sample the output and then put that sample immediately through Diversion again. Quite interesting IMO. Create your "oscillator" on the fly...

As for an effect version: There is the great DiversionFX in the CM magazine...

Cheers,

Tom
Not on Mac there isn't (still). I was hoping it would be able to sample incoming sounds.

Ah, I see.

Return to “Instruments”