Diversion 1.4 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diversion Diversity 2 for Diversion Diversity for Diversion

Wow, excellent sound Simon. Sampling will be developing further, for now just a basic support, so there is no speed control in granular mode. I'll check the noise burst and fix it.

Sorry mindframe, haven't managed to reproduce the freezes :(
Don't know what can be wrong, though I have few ideas to try yet...

sches wrote:Wow, excellent sound Simon. Sampling will be developing further, for now just a basic support, so there is no speed control in granular mode. I'll check the noise burst and fix it.
Thank's Dmitry. Ok, I'll patiently wait for a speed control in granular mode, after all it's one of the main features of granular sampling to change the speed of a sample while preserving it's pitch :)

I think you have a killer combination here, all the features Diversion had before + sampling + granular sampling with all the modulation options and the supreme sound quality of this synth - brilliant! Even the aliasing sounds good in Diversion when extremely transposing samples.

Sampleconstruct wrote:My first experiment with the granular engine in Diversion. Modulating a long sample with processed waterphone samples running in granular mode with a synthetic waveform using an imported single cycle via FM. THe grain pitch is modulated via LFO, more filter and stereo and sub-osc modulation is happening as well. The patch runs in unison mode, 3 voices with some detune.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/d ... experiment
Wow, stunning! :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Hello guys, and finally here is the last update 1.32:

For Windows: http://dmitrysches.com/files/DiversionSetup_132.exe
For Mac: http://dmitrysches.com/files/Diversion_132_MacOS.zip

I updated installer for Windows, now it is good when installing both 32bit and 64bit version. Also I fixed noise burst in granular mode on Mac as well as few other minor bugs.

Merry Christmas and thanks for your support!

Coool!

Thanks a lot for the update Dmitry and all the best wishes to you for the holidays and 2014!

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Slight niggle with the installer:
I think there is one entry field for installation too much now:
First I see the old entry where I can set one path, then I select which plugins to install and then I get two screens with separate paths for 32 and 64 bit.
IMO that first path is redundant?

Or did I miss something?

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

sches wrote:Hello guys, and finally here is the last update 1.32:

For Windows: http://dmitrysches.com/files/DiversionSetup_132.exe
For Mac: http://dmitrysches.com/files/Diversion_132_MacOS.zip

I updated installer for Windows, now it is good when installing both 32bit and 64bit version. Also I fixed noise burst in granular mode on Mac as well as few other minor bugs.

Merry Christmas and thanks for your support!
Almost missed this.
thanks and thanks for the updated window installer.
Downloading as we speak.
rsp

ThomasHelzle wrote:Slight niggle with the installer:
I think there is one entry field for installation too much now:
First I see the old entry where I can set one path, then I select which plugins to install and then I get two screens with separate paths for 32 and 64 bit.
IMO that first path is redundant?

Or did I miss something?

Cheers,

Tom
Haven't reached that far yet,
but 32 and 64 bit are two separate locations or are you saying something else?
rsp

Yes Tom, there is now an additional folder in "Program Files", which contains common files as uninstaller, manual and license text. I had broken my mind with that. Maybe it's better to hide the folder selection and install it silently, but that's not good as well from a user perspective. Too much folders required for so simple things like a plugin installation... x86+x64 on the same system was always a bit messy.

sches wrote:Yes Tom, there is now an additional folder in "Program Files", which contains common files as uninstaller, manual and license text. I had broken my mind with that. Maybe it's better to hide the folder selection and install it silently, but that's not good as well from a user perspective. Too much folders required for so simple things like a plugin installation... x86+x64 on the same system was always a bit messy.
I see.
I think what's confusing is that that first screen says: "Setup will install Diversion VST into the following folder".
Maybe that should be "... will install common files ..."? And maybe adding: "You can chose locations for the VSTs later" or something along those lines to make it clear that this isn't the location for the VSTs.

In my case, it showed my custom VST 64 Bit Path initially for the common files (the last path I used with the previous installer) which added to my confusion.

All is well, but maybe the wording can be improved a bit. ;-)

Thanks a lot, that makes installing and updating much more straight forward.

Cheers,

Tom

yeah after using the installer I am with Tom.
I understand the 2nd and 3rd location.. the first one had me scratching my head.
rsp
sound sculptist

sches wrote:Yes Tom, there is now an additional folder in "Program Files", which contains common files as uninstaller, manual and license text. ..............
And as Tom said, it doesn't default to that location.........

but many thanks again for the installer... makes my life much easier.
Hope it does for others too.

rsp

Thanks guys, I'll do something here soon...

Thanks Tom and Zvenx for help, I got rid of the additional folder and moved manual and license to my docs. Now it is much better, there are only two pages for selecting VST folders, no any other folders created. Re-download please windows version (sorry :))

It seems it's working good now, let me know please if any problems.

Kool. that was quick.thanks...now if you can make it AAX64, 3 new skins, optimised further all by 5 pm :-).....

rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”