Which synth is killing Sylenth1?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sylenth1

Arglebargle wrote:All the synths in this thread suck.
Yeah, but Sylenth1's unison suck is unmatched. It's just sooooo... warm and squishy.

Arglebargle wrote:All the synths in this thread suck.
You'll never get away with saying things about synths!
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

I demoed Sylenth some years ago. I remember that I had a smile on my face.
- then Torley had some fun with with it -Sylenth: thank for trying out this demo-
Torley: Ha, Ha you're welcome.
Zebra ( what a title for a synth - black and white ( unite unite ) - both world's cold and warm.
-different sounds not that lighthearted - more sophisticated.
I always liked both synths.
It's like the Bach Mozart thing to me.Great craftmansship.With the music sometimes
its Bach, sometimes Mozart or....or...
Without any doubt - everybody can have much fun with both, be it the synth as such or the patches someone works to make the synth shine. A big thank you to those who are soundpatchworkaholics with touch- support them.
When I decided to buy Elements what were my first feelings? Hey Waves well done, good gui all in on one side, very very good patches and who cares - few.
one bird in the forest- good.
two birds better.
three, four, five .... sooooo much to do or listen to !
My last bought is ---- spire, .. and alchemy...

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Have you seen the new video showing the cpu being used for sylenth1, spire v1.08 and spire v1.10? 1.10 is using half as much as 1.08 and about the same as sylenth1. Could be some massive cpu reductions coming up.
Link?

Silencio is the new Sylenth1. But seriously, MUX Silencio patches can get you more than halfway there for that biting sound. :D

Nightpolymath wrote:Silencio is the new Sylenth1. But seriously, MUX Silencio patches can get you more than halfway there for that biting sound. :D
Very good indeed!!!
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

Hmmm, Spire and Zebra seems the most voted here...

I don't know... But, I feel some uncertainty around here... why?

Sylenth1 is like that lover you can't forget?! huh? :hihi:

Regnas wrote:Hmmm, Spire and Zebra seems the most voted here...

:lol:

You know, I just have no tolerance for high CPU synths anymore. Yes, Diva sounds great but so does my old Juno 101 and it doesn't use much CPU.

I like Zebra. But Spire...why bother with such monstrous CPU consumption when Sylenth is still a breeze to use on any old computer and still sounds great :) I see ppl raving about how Spire can do this or that and how fabulous it sounds - sorry, I don't hear that. And when someone has to do a video to show that "hey, it's not as bad as some ppl pretend to", something is fishy: either all the guys that write negative comments and revews lie, or the devs are trying to cover up the fact that Spire likes CPU way too much...
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

There's uncertainty 'cos you started with a flawed premise, that synths kill other synths. What answer do you really expect to the question of 'what do you like more than Sylenth'?There is no objective answer here nor on the countless other threads on the same topic.

Regnas wrote:Which synth is killing Sylenth1?[/size]
Spire.

Thought I'd mention that Groove 3 just came out with a new Video on the dead synth, Sylenth1 - Sylenth1 Explained - http://www.groove3.com/str/Sylenth-Explained.html

toothnclaw wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Have you seen the new video showing the cpu being used for sylenth1, spire v1.08 and spire v1.10? 1.10 is using half as much as 1.08 and about the same as sylenth1. Could be some massive cpu reductions coming up.
Link?
here it is, v1.10 has the same cpu consumption as sylenth1, halved comparing to v1.08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITJActy0tkU
It's easy if you know how

Spire is class!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

sylenth1 was my go-to for a long time, and for the last few years...begged lennard for a 64bit AU. then i moved to the new logicX, and abandoned S1.

spire COULD be the new sylenth...if they get the CPU issue together. a dense pad is hopeless in logic...

i've considered 32lives (to run 32bit sylenth in LX), or...may wait for the 'promised' 64bit AU.

that, or spire seeing a true reduction in CPU usage...whichever comes first... :D

Return to “Instruments”