Which synth is killing Sylenth1?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sylenth1

Seriously, which synth do you think has killed sylenth1 in sound quality?
Or doesn't exist yet?

Sylenth1 won again the musicradar's 2013 best VST plug-in synth... it's a fair contest?

Anyway, it seems like Sylenth1 still rules the vsti world, what do you think?

PS. Please be honest, don't say that other synth is better than Sylenth1 just to annoy Lennard, and stuff like that..

Cheers.

I hope you can understand my poor english.

Here we go again...

well lots of synths have killed so to speak it imo sylenth is nice for simplicity and does seem to have a warm character, but I do think spire is nicer though and they make updates more often. Others not as simple but better sound quality are zebra and synthmaster.

u-He Diva is miles better in terms of sound quality. However, thats not really what I care about, Sylenth1 simply doesn't deliver the "uncommon" sounds I need, it's fine for basic kiddy Trance though, which it does in great quality and which seems to be what everyone is looking for (boring!).

What does sound quality mean anyway? For many, Diva or Monark seem to be the holy grails of sound quality atm, but what if i don't like analogue emulations as much as the "typical digital VA's", or i don't like the modelled synths at all? All relative... same with Sylenth i guess, if you don't like its sound it's kinda obsolete to discuss about its sound quality.

Meh.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

These synths are not 'killed'. They do not die, they merely fade away and what 'dies' is only the interest in them. What is killed is the support for them, which is a developers suicidal decision and effectively is not the fault of any other synth.

Personally never thought much of it anyway.

I believe that Lennard secretly owns musicradar, and laughs all the way to the bank, or as the Dutch call it - bank....

Regnas wrote:Seriously, which synth do you think has killed sylenth1 in sound quality? Or doesn't exist yet?
sure: spire,zebra2,massive,diva,synthmaster and more to come..
Regnas wrote:Sylenth1 won again the musicradar's 2013 best VST plug-in synth... it's a fair contest?
musicradar? :lol:
Regnas wrote:Anyway, it seems like Sylenth1 still rules the vsti world, what do you think?
oh no, for sure not!

sylenth1 is great if you looking for something like the access virus sound itb, (of course not the latest virus models - i mean the old virus A or B).

so if you are in trance there's nothigng bad about sylenth1 but time move on and i find that the whole sound is to specific not very appealing anymore.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Regnas wrote:Seriously, which synth do you think has killed sylenth1 in sound quality?
Or doesn't exist yet?

Sylenth1 won again the musicradar's 2013 best VST plug-in synth... it's a fair contest?

Anyway, it seems like Sylenth1 still rules the vsti world, what do you think?

PS. Please be honest, don't say that other synth is better than Sylenth1 just to annoy Lennard, and stuff like that..

Cheers.

I hope you can understand my poor english.
Its never ruled my vsti world. Its a horrible cheesy synth. I think its very genre specific, and the ppl who like that genre are they same ppl who vote in CM polls....

Sylenth1

Many synths sound better in some respects than Sylenth1. But for those characteristics that are its special domain (extremely fast, clear and punch sounds) Only Spire can compare and even take it's place.

But even then it's not Sylenth1, it's another synth that shares many of it's strengths. More so than anything else I've used.

In my mind, Spire is the new Sylenth1 of sorts.
Last edited by Aiynzahev on Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Wait, I thought Sylenth1 killed the Virus,...or maybe it was the other way around? All these synths killing each other, such a travesty. :cry:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

aMUSEd wrote:Sylenth1
Yes or the developer not telling if they have some new features planned.
Compare it to how companies like Camel Audio or U-he handle this communication.

The fact that after all these years that Sylenth has been out there, we still find discussions like this here on such regular basis, almost says enough :o
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Return to “Instruments”