Kairatune 1.2 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mridlen wrote:
mfa wrote:
mridlen wrote:I should also mention that I now keep all my plugins each in separate folders for full backward compatibility. That way, old songs continue to load the old plugins.
And this works? Good to know! Which host are you on? It would be very good to know which hosts can host both Kairatune 1.1 and 1.2 at the same time, since that's going to make the transition so much easier.
Jeskola Buzz using the latest polac vst adapters. I keep everything in separate folders. I think it loads based on the exact path or then the first match if it can't find it. It seems to work with all vsts.
That's great! Thanks for the info mridlen!

bailees7irish wrote:As I suspected, removing the old version of Kairatune from my VST folder did the trick. Unfortunately that means that, even with both versions of Kairatune in separate folders inside the VST folder, they still aren't able to coexist - at least not in FL Studio 11 :(
Yes, this is unfortunate but it probably won't work on most hosts. Even if the host doesn't respond with an outright rejection, we will be on a bit of a shady area. That's why i didn't even suggest this possibility in the release info. I would recommend switching to 1.2 by either rendering 1.1 to audio or by remaking the tracks from scratch copy/pasting MIDI and removing 1.1 completely from your system. If you have custom made presets, you can transfer those by exporting to FXP/FXB and importing those to 1.2.
bailees7irish wrote:One other thing I noticed is that Kairatune 1.2.1 takes a lot longer to load on my machine than Kairatune 1.1.1 does.
That's mostly because the preset manager takes a while to load all of the factory presets. If you want to make it load faster, make a small custom set of presets and set that as default. You can always restore the factory presets from the "Restore factory presets" option.

Just wanted to say a hearty thanks to mfa for the help- and it's good to know I've been pronouncing it correctly the whole time ;)
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

mfa wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:As I suspected, removing the old version of Kairatune from my VST folder did the trick. Unfortunately that means that, even with both versions of Kairatune in separate folders inside the VST folder, they still aren't able to coexist - at least not in FL Studio 11 :(
Yes, this is unfortunate but it probably won't work on most hosts. Even if the host doesn't respond with an outright rejection, we will be on a bit of a shady area. That's why i didn't even suggest this possibility in the release info. I would recommend switching to 1.2 by either rendering 1.1 to audio or by remaking the tracks from scratch copy/pasting MIDI and removing 1.1 completely from your system. If you have custom made presets, you can transfer those by exporting to FXP/FXB and importing those to 1.2.
bailees7irish wrote:One other thing I noticed is that Kairatune 1.2.1 takes a lot longer to load on my machine than Kairatune 1.1.1 does.
That's mostly because the preset manager takes a while to load all of the factory presets. If you want to make it load faster, make a small custom set of presets and set that as default. You can always restore the factory presets from the "Restore factory presets" option.
Thanks for the advice. 8)
[Insert Signature Here]

ccDuckett wrote:Just wanted to say a hearty thanks to mfa for the help- and it's good to know I've been pronouncing it correctly the whole time ;)
Good for you! :) I don't think i've explained the pronunciation anywhere before.

What a fantastic x-mas pressie :tu:

Kairatune is shaping up to become among the best freeware plugs out there :tu:

Bug Report! :D

1) There is something seriously wrong with all knobs that have semitone parameters (st). Movement is erratic, values are skipped, and often there are moments where nothing happens at all even if the mouse travels across half the screen. If you cant reproduce this yourself i will make you a GIF clip to show you how it behaves here.

2) For some reason all of my presets load with the left EQ side set to HighShelf when in actuality they were all saved with it set to LowShelf. I havent looked deeper into that yet but i thought maybe youd want to take a look at this. Maybe there is some buglet there.

3) When i load an .fxp, Kairatune creates a list item labeled 'Imported'. When i then click on the imported preset, nothing happens. To get Kairatune to actually load the imported preset i have to go to a different category, load some other preset, and then go back to Imported and click the imported preset again.

So much for that, i will do some more testing tomorrow, time allowing. If i find anything else i will let you know. In any case thanks for the update, the new preset manager looks very good indeed. 8)

Hello ENV1,
ENV1 wrote:Bug Report! :D
:hyper:
ENV1 wrote:1) There is something seriously wrong with all knobs that have semitone parameters (st). Movement is erratic, values are skipped, and often there are moments where nothing happens at all even if the mouse travels across half the screen. If you cant reproduce this yourself i will make you a GIF clip to show you how it behaves here.
I've seen something like this two times. First time was earlier when trying to use 32-bit Kairatune on 64-bit host over some 32/64-bit bridge. It was horrible, just like you describe here. The second time was not so long a go on Ohm Studio. I have no idea what could possibly cause something like this.

Would you specify some details please?

Host?
Host bits?
OS?
OS bits?
Plugin bits?
ENV1 wrote:2) For some reason all of my presets load with the left EQ side set to HighShelf when in actuality they were all saved with it set to LowShelf. I havent looked deeper into that yet but i thought maybe youd want to take a look at this. Maybe there is some buglet there.
I don't understand this either. :( I'm sure it's related to 1) but please make sure you don't have an old .vstxml file in the same directory with the Kairatune.dll.
ENV1 wrote:3) When i load an .fxp, Kairatune creates a list item labeled 'Imported'. When i then click on the imported preset, nothing happens. To get Kairatune to actually load the imported preset i have to go to a different category, load some other preset, and then go back to Imported and click the imported preset again.
Same with this. There must be something very odd going on with your host. This may very well be a Kairatune bug, but most of the hosts don't cause this behavior, or anything like this.
ENV1 wrote:So much for that, i will do some more testing tomorrow, time allowing. If i find anything else i will let you know. In any case thanks for the update, the new preset manager looks very good indeed. 8)
Please do. I hope we can figure out the cause of this.

Numanoid wrote:What a fantastic x-mas pressie :tu:

Kairatune is shaping up to become among the best freeware plugs out there :tu:
Thank you very much! :)

mfa wrote: :lol: Actually the name is kind of Finglish (mixture of Finnish and English) and is pronounced ky-ruh-tune (that's "ky" as in "my" or "sky" and "ruh" as in "rough" or "bra"). :)
Ahh I've been saying it wrong in my head. This was the only VST I missed when I switched to 64 bit only. Nice to see development on it.

Still one of my favorite GUI colour combos :) So easy on the eyes.

I like Kairatune because it fills a gap in my synth selection. It doesn't sound too far out there, however, nothing else sounds like it. :clap:

Thanks awol9000! I'm glad you like it and i'm happy for getting the 64-bit and Mac versions done! :)

Has the "init" function been removed or is it hiding somewhere?

mridlen wrote:Has the "init" function been removed or is it hiding somewhere?
It's been removed. Init patches are created with right click and "New". The difference being that "New" adds a new patch instead of resetting the current. You can of course remove the current first to accomplish the same result.

Polykaira would be a killer synth
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Instruments”