Kairatune 1.2 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tubular Tos wrote::( i'm sorry to say that but for me there's still this problem of recalling the last preset in Orion 8 when i open a project . :(
The preset handling has been completely redesigned and reimplemented from scratch in version 1.2, including plugin state store/restore. The chances of having the same bug, that only appears in Orion, in both 1.1 and 1.2 are next to none. :? I can't think of any explanation.

Does your Kairatune say 1.2 when you click on the logo?

mridlen wrote:I should also mention that I now keep all my plugins each in separate folders for full backward compatibility. That way, old songs continue to load the old plugins.
And this works? Good to know! Which host are you on? It would be very good to know which hosts can host both Kairatune 1.1 and 1.2 at the same time, since that's going to make the transition so much easier.

Yeager wrote:From the README
Oh, I see...so I wasn't completely off :)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Yeager wrote:
idfpower wrote:Is it just me, or the updated version sounds a bit...different?
Kairatune 1.2 is not fully backwards compatible with prior versions.
You really think it sounds different? All i can say it shouldn't sound worse. :) Most of the improvements in sound quality have been stuff like eliminating noises and pops and the like that still appeared at times, usually under very specific conditions. If you run Kairatune at a different sample rate there's definitely a difference. I haven't intentionally changed the sound or altered the DSP algorithms much. One obvious thing has changed though. I changed the AMP envelope attack and decay shapes a bit.

The backwards compatibility issues should be very obvious. If it doesn't restore the state correctly, it should either load in the default state with "Insectoplasm" or not at all. Any 1.1 automation shouldn't work at all or should go totally wrong in a most obvious fashion where the wrong parameters respond to the automation.

bailees7irish wrote:One of my absolute favorite VSTs of all-time! Thank you for keeping her updated!
Just one request: How about adding polyphony to this baby?! :pray:

~Bren
Thanks!

Polyphony keeps coming up in requests. I'm still a bit surprised by this, since Kairatune is soooo MONOsynth! But i'm starting to warm up to the idea of polyphonic Kairatune, or something that we might perhaps call polyphonic. We'll see if and when and how it'll happen. :) The forecast is bughunting for the next few weeks, but when 1.2 gets a generally accepted status of working as advertized, :P it's time to start thinking of features, finally. :wheee: Who am i to say you don't need polyphony? ;)

mfa wrote:You really think it sounds different? All i can say it shouldn't sound worse. :)
Of course it doesn't sound worse :) But as I was going through the presets I felt (or better said heard) there's a very subtle difference: the older one sounds more aerated, while the new version had more body to it. Then again it wouldn't be the first time when I'm just hearing things :)
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Well it's even mentioned in the release info, "and some for even better sound", so you're not hearing things for no reason.
"Music is spiritual. The music business is not." - Claudio Monteverdi

idfpower wrote:
mfa wrote:You really think it sounds different? All i can say it shouldn't sound worse. :)
Of course it doesn't sound worse :) But as I was going through the presets I felt (or better said heard) there's a very subtle difference: the older one sounds more aerated, while the new version had more body to it. Then again it wouldn't be the first time when I'm just hearing things :)
You're probably not just hearing things. Kairatune has changed so much on the inside, that, quite frankly, i can't remember everything i've done. :oops: And i've done most improvements in the DSP in another project and just taken them to Kairatune. I'm really glad if you think it sounds better than before. :)

mfa wrote:I'm really glad if you think it sounds better than before. :)
Well tbh I considered Kairatune to be perfect for me even without any of these improvements :) I'm happy to see a good synth getting tweaked just right so it would still keep its character, but with improved performance ;) Thank you again for all the effort put into it :) Merry Holidays ;)

First off - thanks for the update. Kairatune has been a favourite since its launch. I'm really excited to try the new version but:

There seems to be a problem with the x64 version.
It is not accepted as a vst plugin by both Zynewave Podium and Jeskola Buzz, and fails to load it with an error message saying "Could not load plugin .dll"

CymaticCreation wrote:First off - thanks for the update. Kairatune has been a favourite since its launch.
Thank you! I'm glad to hear that!
CymaticCreation wrote:I'm really excited to try the new version but:

There seems to be a problem with the x64 version.
It is not accepted as a vst plugin by both Zynewave Podium and Jeskola Buzz, and fails to load it with an error message saying "Could not load plugin .dll"
Oh, i have tried neither of those hosts. I take this is Windows? Do these hosts load all other x64 plugins without problems? Can you give an example freebie synth so that i can try it myself please?

mfa wrote:
Tubular Tos wrote::( i'm sorry to say that but for me there's still this problem of recalling the last preset in Orion 8 when i open a project . :(
The preset handling has been completely redesigned and reimplemented from scratch in version 1.2, including plugin state store/restore. The chances of having the same bug, that only appears in Orion, in both 1.1 and 1.2 are next to none. :? I can't think of any explanation.

Does your Kairatune say 1.2 when you click on the logo?
yes it was mentioned 1.2 of course ! ..but today i don't know why something new arrived ! The preset ( soft pick , my favourite ) now is well saved but still with the name of " insectoplasm " ! :shock: ... it's like it has been over written or something ...

... maybe with 1.2 i couldn't recall the lats preset because i'd kept the old folder of 1.1 in my vstis folder ? but shure , when i opened 1.2 it was well mentioned 1.2 ! ...

:love: :love: ahhh it seems it works now !! i think there's something wrong with old projects but if i start a new one the last preset is well saved and recall whan i open again Orion and name of the preset now is ok !

now i think it's surely because i had kept the old 1.1 folders of kairatune in my vstis .

before install again ,this morning ,1.2 i've deleted everything about Kairatune with regedit maybe this has helped too !??!

now the thing i have to do is open the old projects and save agin for it works !

Thank you so much for this synth! and agian soft pick is very cool sound !!

Tubular Tos wrote::love: :love: ahhh it seems it works now !! i think there's something wrong with old projects but if i start a new one the last preset is well saved and recall whan i open again Orion and name of the preset now is ok !

now i think it's surely because i had kept the old 1.1 folders of kairatune in my vstis .

before install again ,this morning ,1.2 i've deleted everything about Kairatune with regedit maybe this has helped too !??!

now the thing i have to do is open the old projects and save agin for it works !

Thank you so much for this synth! and agian soft pick is very cool sound !!
Excellent! :wheee:

Thanks for the update, and well done with the Mac port. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”