Any news on Dune 2? (Out Now!!!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE

carrieres wrote:no, it does not sound thin !
Dune2 is the result of several years of dsp research
Just reread that post and I think he was maybe asking if the all the new waves sound as phat as the waves in Dune1?, like it hasn't turned into a quantity over quality thing which I'm sure ins't the case, but he may want to clarify
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

ok, Dune2 is Dune on steroid, everything has been enhanced : wavetable, FM, filter, envelope, FX ...

carrieres wrote:
chk071 wrote:I would have been very surprised if Dune 2 was like the Wavestation. :lol:
it is not like a wavestation
but it can sound like a wavestation, a virus or a minimoog in the hand of great sound designer
Thanks for all the teasers carriers!, it helps with the wait..In your opinion how does it stand to spire, sylenth, diva? Can it create dub style basses like massive?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

carrieres wrote:
chk071 wrote:I would have been very surprised if Dune 2 was like the Wavestation. :lol:
it is not like a wavestation
but it can sound like a wavestation, a virus or a minimoog in the hand of great sound designer
I'm sure it can. I didn't want to say that you said it would be like a Wavestation, i mean, the name Dune 2 suggests that it picks up on what Dune 1 was about, so i guess it should be rather like Dune 1. :)

Christophe, I think it would be a good idea to listen to Tek, otherwise we'll have to put you on the naughty step :lol:
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

cytospur wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:
carrieres wrote:the sound is unbelievable :love:
If you could only use it for pads, bass, or leads which would you use it for.
Pings. Multiple pings. And then some more pings. But not one ping only.
I have no idea what this means :lol:

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:
cytospur wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:
It means I'm not telling :hihi:
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

mysticvibes wrote:Thanks for all the teasers carriers!, it helps with the wait..In your opinion how does it stand to spire, sylenth, diva? Can it create dub style basses like massive?
of course it stands !
sylenth has a nice audio engine but it is very basic
diva is great and the king of analog emulation
i don't own spire (demo and manual), it looks like a good replacement for sylenth1 and Dune but i am pretty sure it does not come with all the feature of dune2
It certainly can create dub style basses like massive

cytospur wrote:Christophe, I think it would be a good idea to listen to Tek, otherwise we'll have to put you on the naughty step :lol:
i will go to the naughty step tonight ...
i am on Holidays tomorrow so, no forum for 6 days :cry:

cytospur wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:
cytospur wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:
Fair enough :P But what's a ping? :lol:

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:
cytospur wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:
cytospur wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:
Fair enough :P But what's a ping? :lol:
There are some things that, while undenyably true, are better off unknown.

EDIT: Also, I can't f--king spell :cry:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Just messing with spire and really liked the eq section. The graphic display makes makes things a little quicker and easier imo than Dune 1, by any chance does the newer version have one. If not I'd just add to wishlist for future versions..

TTU Youtube

A while ago the main developer wrote that the remaining bits and pieces before releasing Dune 2, were some graphical user interface (gui) related things and presets. I see the importance for a good gui, but how important are the presets? I get that you need some to inspire and show what your product can do, but is it a selling point? Aren't we all told not use presets and create our own instead?

I guess what I am trying to say is that I ready to become a day one buyer. :love:
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Rommelaar wrote:A while ago the main developer wrote that the remaining bits and pieces before releasing Dune 2, were some graphical user interface (gui) related things and presets. I see the importance for a good gui, but how important are the presets? I get that you need some to inspire and show what your product can do, but is it a selling point? Aren't we all told not use presets and create our own instead?

I guess what I am trying to say is that I ready to become a day one buyer. :love:
Patches are important to some users because they often like to tweak presets without having to completely start from scratch.

I think it's great that Dune 2 is being given plenty of time to come out with a bang, or swoosh, or other atmospheric sound.

Rommelaar wrote:I see the importance for a good gui, but how important are the presets?
Very important. Critical, I'd say ;)

Ppl are living on fast forward nowadays and many simply don't have the patience to sit down and try things out anymore. There's so much stuff available nowadays that instant gratification can be obtained elsewehere if a certain product fails on delivering. So yeah, even if a lot of ppl use the stock presets just as a starting point of like an introduction to what that synth can do, they play an important role. After all, the dev knows the plugin in and out, so it's likely it can deliver the kind of presets that will showcase the strong points of that said plugin.

On the other hand there are ppl like me that rely on factory presets to quickly lay down a song. When I'm in a creative mood I need certain type of sounds pronto, I don't sit down to sculpt presets for hours while risking losing the vibe ;)

So yeah, presets can really help selling a plugin ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Return to “Instruments”