Nexus 2 - Loading downloaded expansions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well if it seemed dismissive or "unfriendly" you may have misinterpreted it. As I said, I never once saw any sort of rude/bad-mood sort of thing from her.

The tickets would generally be 10 different attempts to get some kind of discount: "I mentioned your plugin on a forum and I'm going to use Nexus to produce the next hit record. You're sure to sell over a bazillion extra copies, so can you give me $50 off?"

"No. Why should we? If Nexus is going to produce your next hit record, why are you worried about $50?" would be the answer if I were the one answering it. I believe she was generally a lot more polite than you'd think should be justified.

...and a lot more (50++?) questions about how to put on your pants: "I bought Nexus on the website and got the E-mail with the key, how do I install the plugin?"

"You'll need to get the DVD in the mail first." or "Basically you start with one leg, it can be either the left or the right. Then put in the other leg. If you started with the left, put in the right next. Otherwise if you started with the right, put in the left. Next pull up your pants and do up the button."

This then continues with a bunch of questions about "...but which leg should be started first?"

So when you ask a question about "Can I buy Nexus, then sell in on e-bay right away?" don't be surprised if the answer is "No."

It isn't meant to be dismissive or unfriendly, it's just short and to-the-point.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

aciddose wrote:Well if it seemed dismissive or "unfriendly" you may have...
...got a reply from Mike.
:lol:
"What embecile composed this list :/"

re_mute wrote:
Same applies to him. He has less patience with this kind of ridiculous stuff and probably would answer like I suggested I would. He doesn't mean to be rude, he's just sort of saying "did you bother to think for yourself first?" to which we already know the answer is "no. :("

I can't see how anyone could be upset about that sort of thing. What do people expect? To have a bunch of servants rush out and start fanning you with palm fronds, feeding you grapes in a bathtub filled with bubbling champagne?

Unfortunately it isn't possible for a human being to survive in this world being battered by 100s of messages asking for $50 off or two-for-one or something like that and not lose some of the will to be as polite as possible.

:cry:
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

no problem as said. i just decided to keep my account empty. i'm fine with that and they sure too. :lol:
now back to topic please. ;)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Jessica is very good with tickets, Mike can be the one with attitude believe me! But generally, they are very good with their ticket system, and their Rompler is great!!!!
http://soundcloud.com/origin-1

J.S.Bach.(1685 - 1750). The greatest achievement in the history of music!

Timerider wrote:Jessica is very good with tickets, Mike can be the one with attitude believe me! But generally, they are very good with their ticket system, and their Rompler is great!!!!
Jessica has always been very great with tickets... Always friendly, polite well mannered and answers all parts that she can answer.

I have had to deal with mike a few times with tickets and I just re-read them and they were all polite as well.

But if you follow them on twitter or facebook, let's just say he does come across often enough with lots of attitude and grumpiness etc.. but he probably doesn't mean anything by it.

rsp
sound sculptist

Yeah, the pressures of business I'd say, comes with the job for sure.
http://soundcloud.com/origin-1

J.S.Bach.(1685 - 1750). The greatest achievement in the history of music!

aciddose wrote:
re_mute wrote:
Same applies to him. He has less patience with this kind of ridiculous stuff and probably would answer like I suggested I would. He doesn't mean to be rude, he's just sort of saying "did you bother to think for yourself first?" to which we already know the answer is "no. :("

I can't see how anyone could be upset about that sort of thing. What do people expect? To have a bunch of servants rush out and start fanning you with palm fronds, feeding you grapes in a bathtub filled with bubbling champagne?

Unfortunately it isn't possible for a human being to survive in this world being battered by 100s of messages asking for $50 off or two-for-one or something like that and not lose some of the will to be as polite as possible.

:cry:
Mike's an awesome fellow (but i agree jessica is brilliant as the general support answer take over).. we had a couple of (small ish) arguments in the past and have been very blunt with each other but business is business and always professional. No "grudges" or "punishments".. i like situations like this.. where two adults can be blunt with eachother and speak their mind if there is something that they feel is wrong,and there are no lingering attitudes about it. That was ages ago now (years) but the point is they always, always make me feel like a valued customer, and i always get (fast and thorough) support. Zvenx and I rarely agree but i can see over the years we have both always maintained that refx support is top notch. I tell you they care about their customers..

TheoM wrote:..............Zvenx and I rarely agree but i can see over the years we have both always maintained that refx support is top notch. I tell you they care about their customers..

:-)
True that.

rsp
sound sculptist

I had the same problem.

This is what reFX help sent to me:
https://refx.com/pdf/nexus/Permissions_OSX.pdf

That actually didn't help, so I used the same process to give permissions to everything on my Macintosh HD. That DID help…and now on to preset heaven…. :love:

CAUTION!

Addition to my previous post - I had to repair the HD disk permissions after doing what I previously described because my installer wasn't working. So be aware that that may happen.

It's working alright now (Both Nexus and my installer - thank god!)

Return to “Instruments”