Glitchmachines Polygon

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Polygon

Got a fast reply from support. Plz email them
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Added a template for use in NI Komplete Kontrol now - see here:

https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... st-1622573

also converted my Mutant Bass sound set to NKS

https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... st-1622581

thecontrolcentre wrote:for sure ... well worth 20 quid.
It´s worth more...it´s great!

killmaster wrote:One of my favorite plugins!
Hi,
would you prefere it over the other Glitchmachines samplers?
(beside Palindrome, because I think this one has a totally another approach)
Cheers

I think Polygon is a very good, versatile and useful plugin :clap:. Maybe I am missing something, but if not I would have a few suggestions for improvements:

1.) Harmonize all labeling between knobs in GUI and Destinations in the Modulation Matrix (MM). For example, the knob Grains --> L is connected to the MM --> Grain Size. I understand that there is a naming/abbreviation conflict with Grain Stretch (S), but it would be less confusing if MM naming at least also contained an 'L' somewhere. Also the order of 'Grain' entries is different from the sequence of knobs. While the knobs go in the order of L - S - F, the MM shows Grain Size (L), Grain Feed (F) and Grain Stretch (S). Moreover, 'Pitch' knobs of Modules 1-4 and the SUB OSC are labeled with a 'T', but referred to as 'Sampler1 Pitch' (no T at all) etc. in the MM.

2.) I use the MM access, Random and RND Config buttons pretty often. Would be great to make them a bit bigger, as they are easy to miss with the mouse. Possibly have clicking on the labels trigger the link, too. Maybe also assign a keyboard shortcut (or is there one already)?

3.) The MM becomes harder to navigate as the number of entries rises. It would be great to be able to right-click on a (pink-colored) knob in the GUI to (either directly or via a context menu) be taken to the respective entry line in the MM.

4.) At this point, I consider porting presets to another computer rather cumbersome/time-consuming/painful. I cannot speak for other DAWs, but I use FL Studio and here custom samples used in Polygon are not found after transfer to a destination computer, even if they are pulled from the subfolder ...GM_POLYGON\POLYGON_SAMPLES\USER_SAMPLES on the source computer, and the samples are present in the same folder on the destination computer. AFAIK, the problem can only be avoided when first saving a consolidated preset on the source computer, then transferring the .flp, the preset and the USER_SAMPLES folder to the destination computer. Would it be possible to provide an option to make FL Studio save the actual samples (not links) inside the .flp file, so they will always be there upon loading the .flp? Alternatively, make Polygon search for the missing samples on the hard drive of the destination computer? I've had it happen in some cases that Polygon did not even specify the name of the missing sample, so could not reconstruct the settings without having the preset open on the source computer.

5.) When selecting 'Change Polygon Path', actually show which path is currently selected. Also be able to paste in a path rather than having to go though the tree each time.

6.) Allow for creation of sub-folders in the 'Presets' folder. With many of your own, custom presets the list becomes quite confusing and grouping/stratification is not easily possible (except for being diligent in naming).

7.) With LFO knobs, 'A' stands for 'Attack' while elsewhere it stands for 'Amplitude' and 'ATT' stands for 'Attack'. Would be good to harmonize.

These are really only suggestions to make Polygon easier to use. Comments are always welcome.

Polygon 2 is now available

https://youtu.be/Q6HAyPb_Z_4

They offer me a $30.00 upgrade price. Polygon, the first version, has been on sale at Pluginboutique for $5.00 before.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:53 am They offer me a $30.00 upgrade price. Polygon, the first version, has been on sale at Pluginboutique for $5.00 before.
Hi. You can´t compare the two versions. Glitchmachines worked for ages on the new version. It´s a complete new instrument with a totally different audio machine under it´s hood and awesome new features and modulation matrix. Except maybe for Crusher-X (veeery expensive), I don´t know such an awesome Granular/Sampler/Synth. Come on. 30$. It´s worth any penny. Other companies would charge far more for that. :party: :tu:

Awesome! Too bad they are unlikely to ever get into hardware design, Ivo is a hardcore Eurorack guy.
No doubt he would make some crazy fun stuff there. Anyway, seems like a great upgrade :tu:

Yes, it´s great. Although the engine can produce very nasty and harsh stuff (of course), if you like. The core audio engine is smoothly working, unlike many other granular Sampler/Synths. FM sounds very good. This is a completely overhauled beast of its own. Cheers

Is it compatible with v1 presets?

Didn´t check that out. It comes with a 1,1 gig sample library...many samples are complete new. That´s all I can say at the moment. Due to the new architecture I think it won´t be 100% compatible.

That’s a problem as I made a lot of presets in Polygon I don’t want to lose. Does it install over the old version or as a separate plugin?

I´m just on my test-environment and there I haven´t got Version1 installed. Can tell, when I am in the studio again.

Return to “Instruments”