Would you buy a vsti from the big Keyboard Companies?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

Would you buy a vsti from the big Keyboard Companies?

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes: 122

RELATED
PRODUCTS

not sure
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

Why not? If it was good...
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

trusampler wrote:Did Tc Electronics completely drop powercore support for virus powercore?
They completely dropped support of the Powercore altogether, including the Virus plugin. It's a shame, really, because that's a great synth that still holds up. The fact that I'm able to get 64 voices of that high quality on my 6 year old desktop is amazing.

Compyfox wrote:The main issue I have, is that only either stuff like the Jupiter series is ported over and over, and not one of the main romplers by Roland (XV5080 for example).

Same with Yamaha. We see everything but the bread-and-butter XG synth. Half of the MOTIF stuff is in HALION One anyway.
I'm with you on this one, I've been kind of aching for a good software-based "ROMpler" for the longest time.

There's some similar stuff in samplers' factory libraries (Mach 5, Halion, Kontakt), and in Logic's factory library, but not enough to cover all bases. Or Sampletank, but it's crippled by poor usability. Korg's Legacy M1 comes closest, I guess.

The remedy is that you can sort of build your own, in MainStage, using dedicated B3 plug-ins for much superior organs, etc.
Jace-BeOS wrote:Korg legacy collection.
It started without a dongle, acquired one in the "digital" edition, then stopped having one entirely.
...and it was pirated almost instantly when the copy protection changed. :roll:

iLok is what it is, but at least it works in that respect. Look at Cubase, MOTU or UVI - all their stuff remains uncracked.

And I think copyright is indeed / probably the reason they (the big ones) aren't that keen to release a ROM-based product as a plug-in.

breakmixer wrote:
Would a D-50 be completely achievable as a VST?
Why not? It's just synthesis + a tiny "attack" sample.

MrDuke wrote:And I think copyright is indeed / probably the reason they (the big ones) aren't that keen to release a ROM-based product as a plug-in.
While that is a part of it, I epect it's more likely fear of cannibalising their hardware sales - they may lose significant sales of their $1500 hardware workstation if customers can get the exact sounds and features for $300 in software..?

+1 sale for $300 -1 sale for $1500.

Hardware sales are already low these days, so lowering them still further, even if they can sell a cheaper software version to the user instead is a difficult sell to the accounting people. Factor in piracy, so now anyone can potentially get those sounds/features for no money at all, and it's no wonder Clavia, Access, Korg, Roland and Yamaha (etc) haven't released native software versions of their current top end hardware devices...

Return to “Instruments”