DCAM Synth Squad - V.1.1.0.29

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Amber (DCAM: Synth Squad) Cypher (DCAM: Synth Squad) Strobe (DCAM: Synth Squad)

Hi,

Just to express that the development of the said synth is pretty slow. It's been almost 2 years (last update as in march-2012). Is Fxpansion drop the furture development on this product?

Regards!
Cowby

does it really need anything fixed or changed?

of course, new stuff is fun, but it's great as it is and FXpansion seems to have had more things to do than update synths that didn't really require updating.

Now that BFD 3 is out, maybe we'll get to see some new perspectives on synth squad :)
(but the filters were modelled by Andy from Cytomic, maybe FXpansion don't want anyone else to approach Synth Squad).
Anyways, FXpansion never said anything about dropping Synth Squad development
Brzzzzzzt.

elnn wrote:does it really need anything fixed or changed?
It needs a new GUI.

imo doesnt need an update or new stuff (especially not the UI - not that I m a big fan of it, but neither does it bother me - but that would be for a next version).

More immanent would be the fixing of a long list of bugs that have been accumulated over the years - the sequencer is for me completely broken, works randomly, some essential midi assignments are broken, and many more. Just check out fxpansion's forum....

Communication with the users can also better and is the source of many frustrations on the forum.

otoh great products, good support, but DCAM feels unfinished - despite a past promise to do something about it. It feels like Waldorf, who is spamming new products, but other expensive products -Largo- will soon be obsolete, despite a similar promise to fix. Not a great treatment for longstanding customers and supporters.

cowby wrote:Just to express that the development of the said synth is pretty slow.
Is upgrade money burning a hole in your pocket?

I've been hoping for a Dcam update for quite sometime. AAX64 support would be fantastic.

A stable 64 bit Synth Squad would be most exceedingly welcome. Needs some basic bugs fixed badly. I'm on the previous release version, which is 32 bit only. I don't give a crap about the GUI. It's functional. I use it for the sound.

FXpansion products are a long time coming.

And a longer time being updated.

Maybe one or two for the most serious bugs.

And that is it.

There will be no GUI update or change.

There may be one more bug fix. And that will be it.

People will scream from the rooftops. Threaten to never buy again.

FXpansion will just carry on.

For most people their products work pretty well.

Though you do need a super computer to take advantage of their tech.

It is not for the average computer.

For me, FXpansion are the award winner of the biggest company that provides the most advanced software available, and still provide pretty good support and feedback.

That's a big award by the way. And hard won. FXpansion should be cherished for this fact.

I'm just preparing a thread about the biggest best VST vendors that provide the worst non existent support.

FXpansion will be on to something else by now. But then again, computer power is not keeping up with their thirst for cpu power. I think that when quantum computers finally become invented, FXpansion shares will go through the roof.

Don't expect it. It ain't coming.

Only Fusor is buggy on my system (Live 9 64 bit OSX).

Is there a convenient way to un-fusor-ize third party patches? That would save me a lot of headache since I rely on external effects anyway.

I like a lot the GUI. For me, it is from the best synths designs.

Some presets are cpu hungry especially in Fusor but I don't know if this is a bug or just the way it is.

I'm not looking for a specific update (except for more cpu efficiency maybe). I would like FXpansion to give us a digital synth (based on Additive, FM, Phase Modulation, Physical Modeling or whatever). This would be great :-)

vstliefhebber wrote:It feels like Waldorf, who is spamming new products, but other expensive products -Largo- will soon be obsolete, despite a similar promise to fix. Not a great treatment for longstanding customers and supporters.
Sorry, but that's untrue. I've spoken with Holger @ Waldorf Support and he's indicated that Largo and PPG Wave 3v are both being worked on. Evidently they are requiring extensive re-writing and there's only 1 (maybe 2) coders right now.

-Sam

I must admit, above i was scolded DCAM (for lack of something special etc), but I'm very mistaken, their modulation system completely changes the situation, without understanding it, all functionality seems overly simple. Actually powerful tools.

I will not buy from them again because of this. Got synth squad as a start to buy more of their effects, but after seeing how buggy this is i gave my money to another company.
Finally!

I also had some problems with fresh versions (incl beta), and stand on 1.0.4.2 (x32), seems good. Also I see that the developers have started to show activity (judging by the official forum), and perhaps the situation will improve.
(And of course, we are talking about a discounted price.)

I like the Trans Mod.
Very useful.

Return to “Instruments”