Vanguard2!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vanguard

:party:

64-bit and fully backwards-compatible with Vanguard1...

With all new internal fx, the reverb and delays are bad bad bad,,, always end up turning them off. a better distortion would be nice but for what it does on some presets its not so bad
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote: for what it does on some presets its not so bad
Trancegate! :party:

They should use the same fx on nexus for vanguard 2, that alone would superb, while at it make it a wavetable synth, from all the preset wave collecting they did for nexus I'm sure they have a treasure trove to choose from
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

So its been announced or is this what you want to see?

I think i heard of a vanguard 2 coming soon, not sure where , probably here, but for me this is just wishlist

TTU Youtube

ReFX newsletter: Vanguard2 on the way! 64 bit, fully backwards compatibility, free upgrade for license owners.

mhog wrote:ReFX newsletter: Vanguard2 on the way! 64 bit, fully backwards compatibility, free upgrade for license owners.
There is no more info, features, release date?

Last newsletter I got from them only mentions Nexus2. I recall a few years ago there was a lot of talk of Vanguard2 on the reFX forum(when they still had a forum) , but then it just vaporized. Anyway, I hope it happens and, if it's true that it's a free upgrade for registered owners (which I'm having a hard time believing, but glad to be wrong), then bring it on!
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Quote from the newsletter:

Vanguard2 Coming Soon
Vanguard2 is on its way! 64-bit and fully backwards-compatible with Vanguard; this is what all of you Vanguard fans have been waiting for! This will be provided, upon release, as a free upgrade for all owners of a Vanguard license.

No release date has been set yet, so keep an eye on our e-mail newsletters for more information as it becomes available!

That's a let down, usually with an update from V1 To V2 there are some significant changes going on but with just an upgrade to 32 bit to 64 bit I'm not sure it 'qualifies'. but then again I'm not a developer?

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:That's a let down, usually with an update from V1 To V2 there are some significant changes going on but with just an upgrade to 32 bit to 64 bit I'm not sure it 'qualifies'. but then again I'm not a developer?
The thread they had going on their forum 3 or 4 years ago was discussing a pretty major overhaul, but I think we all gave up on that idea years ago. Anyway, it does seem odd to call a 64-bit update a v2 release, but hopefully it's more than that. It's free for me either way, so I won't complain. :D
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

They don't say it but that doesn't mean it won't have some new features.. right?
Anyway, I think it's better than nothing to have it updated to 64 bit. QuadraSID is not going to go 64 bit they told me some time ago, so it's good they still work on Vanguard at least.

mysticvibes wrote:That's a let down,
A free update is a let down ?

gone
Last edited by jacqueslacouth on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”