Vanguard2!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vanguard

Chapelle wrote:I hope it won't be dongled like Nexus.

But, then again, if it's fully backwards compatible and therefore sounds the same as v1 I'm not interested anyway.

it's going to be dongled.. they confirmed this ages ago afair

Compyfox wrote:Isn't QuadraSID 32bit only as well?
I'd rather see this one updated - but who knows.

please please please.. Man i love quadrasynth.. and the third party banks for it are just stellar. Rob Hubbard has done a bank too :)

I will take that as is, with maybe some ergonomic improvements and 64 bit please.

You know, I've found some banks out there for Vanguard and between the Bigtones and the ones I found, Vanguard has been one of my most used synths for years... Very light cpu and a great synth to layer. I can put 5 of em' in a track and never see the needle move. With the big ass synths today, I'm always wondering do I need that hit?

Here's to looking forward to Vanguard 2 and Synplant 2!

:harp:

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If dongled, then I remain on vanguard+32lives :x
I have never bought Nexus BECAUSE of the dongle.

(sighs)

didnt a KvR member code Vanguard V2 years ago, then get sacked by reFX.... ?

Kriminal wrote:didnt a KvR member code Vanguard V2 years ago, then get sacked by reFX.... ?

When I first enquired about Vanguard 2, years ago, I was told it was going to be 100% backward compatible; then it was going to 100% newly coded - enter, I believe acidose(?);then I was told it was scrapped.
What I'm curious about is does Markus from Tone2 have anything to do with this, as wasn't he the original coder?
"What embecile composed this list :/"

re_mute wrote:...then it was going to 100% newly coded - enter, I believe acidose(?)
Yup.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=297188
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

osiris wrote:Image

(sighs)

still got that (and the previous version)... one of only a handful of synths i ever bought... wonder if it works on Win7...sure its on a back-up CD somewhere

Kriminal wrote:didnt a KvR member code Vanguard V2 years ago, then get sacked by reFX.... ?
Was he sacked, wasn't he rather headhunted by Tone2 ?

mhog wrote:Trancegate! :party:
What?? :o Who would have thought it, a trancegate on a ReFX plug. It can't be possible, you must be kidding Sir!? :hihi:

Numanoid wrote:

no, im pretty sure they fell out....i remember a big thread about it years ago...

Kriminal wrote:no, im pretty sure they fell out....i remember a big thread about it years ago...
Tone2 still keeping a webpage for Vanguard, so all love seems not to be lost?:
http://www.tone2.com/html/vanguard_vst_ ... sizer.html

Kriminal wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

no, im pretty sure they fell out....i remember a big thread about it years ago...
Aciddose discusses it in the thread I posted above (originally started by you!). Thread links don't really stand out very well on this new forum, so here it is again:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=297188
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Return to “Instruments”