[BreakTweaker] New Izotope @ NAMM

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I REALLY wish Izotope would do a proper synth. Not saying IRis (Is it?) is not a proper synth, but I think an actual synth from them would blow (almost) everything else out of the water....
(I hear Access needs a new partner.......jus' sayin;)

bought it by audiodeluxe.com for 209$ Expanded, without expansion it's 165$

Yup. AD has the best price $165 no expansions...

I wonder how this is for regular drum machine use without all the glitching as well as how it stacks up against Sonic Academy Kick for kick drum creation..
You are currently reading my signature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQxx8tHavsI

Sonic Academy does an interesting first look. Thanks guys!

So is it really permanently showing 6 of the 8 bars in the sequencer? So you have to constantly scroll the window back and forth? There doesn't seem to be any zoom to shrink the full view just a tad to get all 8 bars in the window rather than 6 of them. Or even widen the plug-in window a bit!

This reminds me of Korgs MS-20 plug-in. Needless scrolling.

I hope I'm wrong and there's a way to adjust this. Otherwise that's just plain absurd.

This is the type of plugin where I just spend hours tweaking and get no work or music finished!!! Lol, I'll pass :D curious to hear what people come up with though.

This seems like a surefire way to sound Just Like Everybody Else. I mean, don't get me wrong, I think BT is a genius and this plugin does some fantastic things. But does it really do anything you can't already do with generic tools and sequencing knowledge? Microedits? People have been doing this since the invention of tape, dammnit, TAPE!

On the other hand, they picked my favourite colour for the GUI, so that deserves at least a trial session. I just don't see what this brings to the table apart from convenience - which always comes at a price.

Oh well, at least they didn't call it BreakTwerker :hihi:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:Oh well, at least they didn't call it BreakTwerker :hihi:
Heh, I have read it as "BeakTwerker" twice. I don't even want to know what that says about me.

sounds awesome!,not sure if i will instabuy it though yet,btw is midi drag and drop supported,to tired tonight to give it a full go??
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

foosnark wrote:It strikes me as a high price for something that, from the video anyway, seems like such a one-trick pony. I don't know whether I want to try the demo and actually find that I like it and then be that much more conflicted about the price.
that's my first impression. "EDM dubstep machine". very geared towards modern American take on electronic music which can easily become gimmicky and trendy and overused..

BUT

w/something this complex and deep it's easy to get passed the obvious tricks and uses of what it offers. it takes a bit of brain training or whatever to force yourself not to fal lfor the "oh look new shiny toy makes easy all these tweaky things lets put it on everything!" frame of mind and look passed that and think about what else can be achieved.

the super micro timing stutters are nothing new. autechre was turning drum hits into melodic things on Draft 7.30 and other things just using super tight midi timing and wicked short notes in DP.. Breaktweaker makes that kind of thing simpler but is gonna require some restraint and thinking out of the box a bit to not make it generate all manner of over processed overused bullshit.

but i say that as someone who JUST downloaded the demo and hasn't installed it yet. ;)

so you can throw rotten tomatoes at me now :)

Downloaded the Demo.... VERY NICE... It's what Tremor 1.5 should have been...

:tu:

damoog wrote:btw is midi drag and drop supported,...??
I'd like to know this as well.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Echoes in the Attic wrote:So is it really permanently showing 6 of the 8 bars in the sequencer? So you have to constantly scroll the window back and forth? There doesn't seem to be any zoom to shrink the full view just a tad to get all 8 bars in the window rather than 6 of them. Or even widen the plug-in window a bit!

This reminds me of Korgs MS-20 plug-in. Needless scrolling.

I hope I'm wrong and there's a way to adjust this. Otherwise that's just plain absurd.
Does nobody else think it's ridiculous that you only get to see 6 of 8 bars at all times and always have to scroll it?

Return to “Instruments”