SONiVox Twist for 20 Dollars

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have bought it today for 20 $ at Jrr Shop

What I can say, it's nothing very special but for 20 dollar, it's a cheap price for trying this synth

I think the support is terrible because I have read many bad experience.
A magazine made an test about the version 1 and they demand what synthesis this is, they don't reply on the question

I contact them now for my installer of Twist 2.0 :S I hope the new version is better

What do you think ? Also bought or ? :p
Last edited by MillerSam on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

MillerSam wrote:I have bought it today for 20 $ at Jrr Shop

What I can say, it's nothing very special but for 20 dollar, it's a cheap price for trying this synth

I think the support is terrible because I have read many bad experience.
A magazine made an test about the version 1 and they demand what synthesis this is, they don't reply on the question

I contact them now for my installer of Twist 2.0 :S I hope the new version is better

What do you think ? Also bought or ? :p

<Edit>

Hmm, well now I'm not sure if it is a send-up of this thread or not:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=400925

No synth exists by the name of ''Today Twist Synth'' for 20 bucks.

Are you talking about ''Twist synth'' by Sonivox - though it also doesn't exist for the price you quoted (as Dave has noted below) ?

But to say that you think ''the support is terrible because I have read many bad experience'' seems very unfair.
Have you had any support dealings with the company?

If your thread is a parody of the other one, then I think it could have been better executed (not least because the name of a real company, JRR Shop, is included).

If it is a real issue that you have, then it also seems rather harsh to criticise Sonivox before you have had any dealings with them yourself.
Last edited by Doug1978 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

It's coming up as $49 at JRR now ...

Version 2 has some improvements and if you just purchased version 1 you can get the update free.

Doug1978 wrote: No synth exists by the name of ''Today Twist Synth'' for 20 bucks.
did you try "today twist and shout synth"? i think its a beatles emulation. :P
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Check for the Pace TPK Drivers...........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I got a mail from JRR SHOP last evening with a secret code

I have bought Sonivox 1 + upgrade to 2 for 20 Dollars (49 - 29 Discount) (Code is Twist20 but limited quantities)

It was already not easy to navigate on the website of the company :S

Update: the code don't exist. I think they have sold all copies for 20 Dollar
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

I'm glad to see it's ok for people to make fun of other people's command of the English Language. I assumed everybody and their mother got the "secret 20" e-mail blast from JRR regarding the SONiVOX. However, given the immense aggravation that SONiVOX has given me over the past year with their less-than-spectacular customer "support" - I opted to forego the special - and anything else they might ever try to sell.

hueynym wrote:I'm glad to see it's ok for people to make fun of other people's command of the English Language. I assumed everybody and their mother got the "secret 20" e-mail blast from JRR regarding the SONiVOX. However, given the immense aggravation that SONiVOX has given me over the past year with their less-than-spectacular customer "support" - I opted to forego the special - and anything else they might ever try to sell.
You assumed wrong.

And as for making fun of other people's command of English, you better explain yourself.
Mine was a perfectly reasonable question: I didn't know which synth he was referring to - there was certainly no synth by any similar name costing $20. And the OP provided no link to any synth at JRR, thus increasing the confusion.
FWIW, I'm an English teacher here in Japan so I'm hardly likely to take the piss out of people's ability to speak / write English, or otherwise.

I just recieved the code from JRR today ... already too late? "coupon code Twist20 is not valid" ... :shrug:

I getz E-mail offer

I buy

I go on KVR an make new thread about buying VST

Most important to announce that it bought, rather than play with it

I've been wondering about Twist 2.0 : Can you use your own samples or is it just the built in library?

Doug1978 wrote:
hueynym wrote:I'm glad to see it's ok for people to make fun of other people's command of the English Language. I assumed everybody and their mother got the "secret 20" e-mail blast from JRR regarding the SONiVOX. However, given the immense aggravation that SONiVOX has given me over the past year with their less-than-spectacular customer "support" - I opted to forego the special - and anything else they might ever try to sell.
You assumed wrong.

And as for making fun of other people's command of English, you better explain yourself.
Mine was a perfectly reasonable question: I didn't know which synth he was referring to - there was certainly no synth by any similar name costing $20. And the OP provided no link to any synth at JRR, thus increasing the confusion.
FWIW, I'm an English teacher here in Japan so I'm hardly likely to take the piss out of people's ability to speak / write English, or otherwise.
Wait... So you honestly thought there was a synth called Today Twist Synth? Really?

elxsound wrote: Wait... So you honestly thought there was a synth called Today Twist Synth? Really?
Yes, I thought that there might be, given the title of the thread.
There was no link given by the OP, and his information was inaccurate.

Plus, there's plenty of synths with 'curious' names out there.

Either way, this thread can be summed up as man spends $20, doesn't like what he's bought, and then moans about customer support which he hasn't yet experienced himself.

Well, it's known that Pulse, Twist and Vocalizer aren't that good...

Maybe some people can get some nice sounds out of Vocalizer but the other stuff of SONiVOX isn't convincing at all.

I would have saved the 20 bucks for a better synth...

Return to “Instruments”