Kick Synthesisers

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can anyone recommend a good kick synthesiser. I was considering going for Sonic Academy's Kick Synth, but are there any other ones out there that are better?

While we're on the topic, is a kick synth the way to go? Or do you guys prefer working off samples?

I actually got some very good kicks out of that BassDrum thing in FLStudio.

What Kriminal said ... killer kick plugin!
... space is the place ...

Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Drumatic 4 by e-phonic or/and Bongo by xoxos!

BTW, you can combine a kick from a drum synth with a kick sample to create your own layered kick!

RP Punch

or

Drumazon

or

Nepheton

Depending on the track.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Tricky-Loops wrote:
BTW, you can combine a kick from a drum synth with a kick sample to create your own layered kick!

REALLY!!!!!! WOW!!!! :o

Here is a very interesting article which explains the kick layering.

It explains how to set up 3 kicks:
- high kick
- middle kick
- low kick

This tips is very useful to get the best kick as possible.

Hope it can help you :-)

http://www.soonvibes.com/blog/post/id/4 ... -rendering

thanks, will look into some of these... and yes I am familiar with layering kicks, however the reason I'm after a good kick synth is so that i can shape my own and avoid such measures!

Kriminal wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:

REALLY!!!!!! WOW!!!! :o
lol :lol:

SteveyEspie wrote:Can anyone recommend a good kick synthesiser. I was considering going for Sonic Academy's Kick Synth, but are there any other ones out there that are better?

While we're on the topic, is a kick synth the way to go? Or do you guys prefer working off samples?
What kind of kicks do you want to make? What style?

Sonic Academy is very versatile, one of the best I've used. But if you want real 909 or 808 style just go with D16. Ekspro is good for somethings also. it can do 909 and some other styles which are good. Vengeance Metrum is probably going to give you the most mileage but might be over kill. So depends on you.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

SteveyEspie wrote:thanks, will look into some of these... and yes I am familiar with layering kicks, however the reason I'm after a good kick synth is so that i can shape my own and avoid such measures!
Imo there's no reason to avoid layering.
It's probably the easiest way to get where you want (especially if combined with envelopes and EQing).

I've never used it.

http://bozdigitallabs.com/product/sasqu ... k-machine/

Sasquatch Kick Machine
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

ImageImage

Return to “Instruments”