Free drum synth - WeJaam

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've got a throwaway gmail account I use for stuff like this. I could care less if it fills with spam.

xNiMiNx wrote:Not because i didnt trust your word, but I wasnt familiar with either, so i wanted to do the quick 'experiment'.
I know. I was just kidding around. :)
xNiMiNx wrote:When i click download (at least for PC), a popup overlay comes on the site asking for email / password account creation or login, once you fill that in, it leads to the download page.

Download page also has instructions on registering it at the bottom.
I see. No such popup here, so its probably my security settings.

Thanks for describing what i should be seeing.

Good Grief, what a waste of time this was.

At first i couldnt even obtain the whole thing because Firefox vehemently refused to load any of the WeJaam pages except for the one linked in the OP. Had to get and use a portable Opera to finally manage to get the files downloaded and the Key sent. Then i noticed that if you install to a non-default location, (i.e. not the path the installer defaults to), the standalone executable wont find the DLL even if the paths in the registry clearly point to the actual install location. As a result the standalone prompts to manually locate the DLL every single time you run it. Obviously this has the potential to get old very soon. Next was the CPU usage. Unless the UI is moved completely offscreen, (i.e. made invisible), the meter and other animations consume an average of about 60% here. Considering that i dont need much more than 40-50% on average for an entire project, thats quite a chunk just to calculate a couple of flashing images. But whats the most unbelievable part of all is the fact that the plugin actually changes its License ID(!) based on whether the computers internet connection is online or offline. This has the effect that if you run the plugin with the internet on it will be fine since the internet was on when the ID used to fetch the Key was generated. But run the plugin with the internet off and youre demoing again since the plugin now generates a different ID and the Key you received no longer matches. (sigh)

So free product or not, and with all due respects to the people offering it, thats more than im willing to put up with. The install path problem and the insane CPU usage sure are bad enough, but that licensing system...well...thats just too much. Maybe not everyone knows this, but some people actually turn their internet connections on and off based on whether they need it or not. If every application reacted to that in some manner or other, people would end up with their computers making them go stir crazy within a week...

yeah its all a bit OTT really. I got it running, and thought it was quite quirky and fun, but a lot of hassle. I'll stick with Groovemachine. ;)

After multiple attempts to register (yesterday and today) w/ email and password, I get:
Server error. try again later. (undefined)
That, with all the above comments, I think I'll let this one pass me by.
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

After I got by the licensing issues, I couldn't save my own drum kit. It would act like it saved however upon reloading my kit, I had missing references to my samples. While this product looks like it could be good the issues are many and a waste of time.

Return to “Instruments”