One-Synth-Challenge 60: Any One Synth - Chat & gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cactoos_dahoo wrote: I am sure we'll get some extra competitors this month. Short info already posted on few polish websites ( amiga/pc demoscene related ) and i would say the biggest polish VST/i audio software/hardware related blog ( thanks to Tomasz Wroblewski for publishing) !
Have fun with this :
http://0db.pl/2014/02/02/konkurs-kvr-ws ... -zdobycia/
:lol:
Great stuff Cactoos :)

LOL @ V'gers pic... inspiration for this:

V'ger wrote:Yeah go for it, why not.. Will be interesting to hear (Ragnarok isn't it?).
Yeah, obvious which synth I was talking about ;)

It will be great to do a OSC track with Ragnarok, so now I'm definitely in :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

A suggestion: maybe it would be handy to declare a special track-naming convention for this OSC, including the name of the synth used. I seem to remember there was some discussion about this during the any-CM synth challenge.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Yes good point, should ideally be Artist - Track Title (Synth Used).
Will include in the rules for the competition, but as with the normal naming rule won't really be enforced as it's never done properly by all and likely never will.. :|

+1
yeah maybe worth putting it in the OP.
Artist - Song Title (Synth Used)

Those photos are awesome!

Update - fixed spelling! Thanks Jasinski :)

Can I use a hardware synth e.g Virus TI or Elektron Analog Four?

No samples involved in either.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:Can I use a hardware synth e.g Virus TI or Elektron Analog Four?
I would say KVR is about software, so..... :shrug:

But I'm not the one to decide :D

Would be interesting, although the rules do specifically say virtual.

"Unless specifically announced before the competition, you must use only one virtual synthesizer for all sounds including percussion. Layering several instances of the synth is allowed."

Yes rules, KVR instrument forum and OSC history makes it a bit too far to go hardware in my opinion, even if we're going a bit outside the scope this time.. It would also make project checking difficult in case of dispute.

V'ger wrote:Yes rules, KVR instrument forum and OSC history makes it a bit too far to go hardware in my opinion, even if we're going a bit outside the scope this time.. It would also make project checking difficult in case of dispute.
That would mean Aiyn would just have to send me his Virus though to check... not bad a deal at all :hihi:

bjporter wrote:That would mean Aiyn would just have to send me his Virus though to check... not bad a deal at all :hihi:
And, as it says in the rules, you would have to delete the project after checking it. So I guess that means trashing the Virus, too...

Indeed, lol :D

Return to “Instruments”