One-Synth-Challenge 60: Any One Synth - Chat & gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Guys, even talking about trashing my Virus is just plain not funny, I'll have an anxiety attack!

Oh well. This is going to be an interesting one!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Hi everyone

As a first time contestant, Im a bit confused by the rules. Ok, no modulation effects. What about the usual mixing/mastering effects like equalizers, compressors, exciters, saturators, stereospread? Also, are simple equelazing effects like a filtersweep allowed? What about sidechaining?

I guess as they are not mentioned in the rules they are allowed, but i wrather ask then be sorry.

Im going with Sytrus btw :)

Orboscope wrote:Hi everyone

As a first time contestant, Im a bit confused by the rules. Ok, no modulation effects. What about the usual mixing/mastering effects like equalizers, compressors, exciters, saturators, stereospread? Also, are simple equelazing effects like a filtersweep allowed? What about sidechaining?

I guess as they are not mentioned in the rules they are allowed, but i wrather ask then be sorry.

Im going with Sytrus btw :)
We only tell you what you can't use:

Basically the fifth point down is supposed to answer this - you can use anything but chorus / phaser / flanger / pitching effects. Be careful with things like distortion. Be mindful of any effect used.

Of course any effect in the synth can be freely used as harsh as one wants.

Hope that helps

**AND of course, Welcome to OSC** :) :)

Allright, got it.

Aiynzahev wrote:Guys, even talking about trashing my Virus is just plain not funny, I'll have an anxiety attack!

Oh well. This is going to be an interesting one!

Orboscope wrote:Allright, got it.
Sorry forgot to mention your post... EQ, mastering stuff is allowed of course, compression, limiting (as they're not on the list).

Thanks for asking

Interesting compo you guys run here.. :)
I'm thinking of joining, but have a question: How about the MIDI-effects in Logic Pro X? Are they allowed? I'm especially thinking about the arpeggiator..

Best regards,
Peter

elBeppo wrote:Interesting compo you guys run here.. :)
I'm thinking of joining, but have a question: How about the MIDI-effects in Logic Pro X? Are they allowed? I'm especially thinking about the arpeggiator..

Best regards,
Peter
You're legit if it's one of the following 1) native (aka part of Logic), or 2) free for anyone to download

Welcome to OSC :)

Well after some head-scratching, I've decided to go with Alchemy, in accordance with the rules laid our here (from last time Alchemy was used):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOR3eanB7yE

All patches will be from scratch and I'll make them available after the comp.

I'd hate to admit how long I have owned this thing for without ever really using it ;(

H-man wrote: I'd hate to admit how long I have owned this thing for without ever really using it
Ahhh yes, the eternal Synth addicts problem....

bjporter wrote:
H-man wrote: I'd hate to admit how long I have owned this thing for without ever really using it
Yup ...it happens :oops:

Got the latest version loaded and I'm just looking under the hood. At least now I get to take it for a spin :hyper:

H-man wrote:
bjporter wrote:
Yup ...it happens :oops:

Got the latest version loaded and I'm just looking under the hood. At least now I get to take it for a spin :hyper:
Yeah I have a few needing a spin as well :oops:

Got Alchemy at the sale last year. Definetely my desert island synth. But I haven't opened it since then. It goes like this: try, love, buy, forget.

bjporter wrote: Basically the fifth point down is supposed to answer this - you can use anything but chorus / phaser / flanger / pitching effects.
Does this also apply to the synth's onboard effects? Like, if the synth has onboard chrous/flanger/phaser, i'm not allowed to use those?

Sorry, question has probably been answered a couple of times already. :)

chk071 wrote:
bjporter wrote: Basically the fifth point down is supposed to answer this - you can use anything but chorus / phaser / flanger / pitching effects.
Does this also apply to the synth's onboard effects? Like, if the synth has onboard chrous/flanger/phaser, i'm not allowed to use those?

Sorry, question has probably been answered a couple of times already. :)
Stuff that is 'inside' the synth, is part of 'what the synth can do', so you can use everything that the synth itself brings ;)
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Return to “Instruments”