One-Synth-Challenge 60: Any One Synth - Chat & gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Great links V' ger , thanks :tu:

V'ger wrote:Working on collecting the best tips for making drum sounds as that's clearly what's people are not used to. Here's the page: https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/drums-how-to

So far only the SoundOnSound articles, more to come. But please suggest or even make some tutorials or videos yourself that we can put up....
I made a quick little tutorial/demonstration of how to re-create the classic "Buchla Bongo" sound on virtually any VA plugin (I used Synth1 for the example). While this isn't the most modern or cutting-edge percussion sound, it provides an opportunity to "look to past to forge into the future". I like this one because it only takes about 10 seconds to dial in and provides a good starting point for further design (in fact I used this as the basis for the "high-pitched drum" patch in my entry for this month.

If you go the the soundcloud page for this track, in the description I go over the basic recipe and provide the necessary settings to dial my example sound in Synth1 (you can also look at the track's image to see the patch.

My apologies to the modular purists who may scoff at this re-creation :wink:

https://soundcloud.com/cytosonic/buchla ... xample-and

-Brad

cytoSonic wrote: I made a quick little tutorial/demonstration of how to re-create the classic "Buchla Bongo" sound on virtually any VA plugin (I used Synth1 for the example). While this isn't the most modern or cutting-edge percussion sound, it provides an opportunity to "look to past to forge into the future". I like this one because it only takes about 10 seconds to dial in and provides a good starting point for further design (in fact I used this as the basis for the "high-pitched drum" patch in my entry for this month.

If you go the the soundcloud page for this track, in the description I go over the basic recipe and provide the necessary settings to dial my example sound in Synth1 (you can also look at the track's image to see the patch.

-Brad

Wow... really fantastic contribution! :tu:

bjporter wrote:
cytoSonic wrote: I made a quick little tutorial/demonstration of how to re-create the classic "Buchla Bongo" sound on virtually any VA plugin (I used Synth1 for the example). While this isn't the most modern or cutting-edge percussion sound, it provides an opportunity to "look to past to forge into the future". I like this one because it only takes about 10 seconds to dial in and provides a good starting point for further design (in fact I used this as the basis for the "high-pitched drum" patch in my entry for this month.

-Brad

Wow... really fantastic contribution! :tu:
Cool :) Reminds me a bit like something Bill Bruford might use with King Crimson

Great stuff CytoSonic, added it to the page.

I still have a question: I use FL Studio and as you might know it commes in 3 different version. Fruity edition, Producer and Signature edition. I have the Signature edition which commes with the most plugins of the three. One of them is the Maximus multibandcompressor. Can I use it or would this count as commercial 3d party software, since the first 2 edtions don't include it?

That should be fine. Maximus can after all be had in part as a free version in You Wa Shock! which uses the Maximus engine and 4 presets from it.

Thanks V'ger. Guess i'll use it on my truck then ;)

Hello,
I think I'll need some help with tidying up the mess, cause I've messed up with my entry... :dog: I've noticed that one of the instances uses samples. I didn't want to get rid of the track from the OSC, so I redid the problematic sound with the pure synthesis and added some more dynamics to the guitar sound. These are only changes that I've made.
My I just swap the song in my post with fixed/updated version or I'm doomed forever? :cry: :help:

dwsel wrote:My I just swap the song in my post with fixed/updated version or I'm doomed forever? :cry: :help:
Yep, no problem. Just replace the track with the updated one in the Soundcloud group, probably add another post with updated info in the submissions thread.

z.prime wrote:
dwsel wrote:My I just swap the song in my post with fixed/updated version or I'm doomed forever? :cry: :help:
Yep, no problem. Just replace the track with the updated one in the Soundcloud group, probably add another post with updated info in the submissions thread.
Thank you, I fixed it. :oops:

I have been staying away from using CM/Beat Mag's FX on my entries.

Are they allowed ? If, no ... could we vote to include them when we have our next round of votes?

wow - looks like lots of goodies ... http://www.musicradar.com/us/computermu ... cts-571808
Last edited by abovethoughts on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abovethoughts wrote:I have been staying away from using CM/Beat Mag's FX on my entries.

Are they allowed ? if they are not currently allowed could we vote to include them when we have our next round of votes?
No, not allowed since they are not freeware but magware. The CM plugs were only allowed during the CM special OSC but they are not allowed currently.

wow - looks like lots of goodies ...

http://www.musicradar.com/us/computermu ... cts-571808

abovethoughts wrote:wow - looks like lots of goodies ...
I looked at the freeware available in the KVR-database... that's a whole lot more goodies :hihi:
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Return to “Instruments”