One-Synth-Challenge 60: Any One Synth - Chat & gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ok, magware is not freeware - that's their trick to get us to think it's is almost freeware :borg:

Probably a dumb question, but here goes:

In the rules I read this "Commercial 3rd party synth patches/soundbanks are not permitted"

I am using Saurus, so if use Tone2's own optional soundsets for it, that's ok, right?

I am already using some presets in my song from a couple of their soundsets, and wanted to make sure before the deadline. :)

No, just the factory presets or any free sets are allowed.

Examigan wrote:Probably a dumb question, but here goes:

In the rules I read this "Commercial 3rd party synth patches/soundbanks are not permitted"

I am using Saurus, so if use Tone2's own optional soundsets for it, that's ok, right?

I am already using some presets in my song from a couple of their soundsets, and wanted to make sure before the deadline. :)
*Ahh misread * yeah only the soundsets that come with Saurus or freely available
Last edited by bjporter on Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

V'ger wrote:No, just the factory presets or any free sets are allowed.
bjporter wrote:You are correct
Um.... Mis-communication happened somewhere here...
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

bjporter wrote:
Examigan wrote:Probably a dumb question, but here goes:

You are correct
I need to know if I should switch out some of them or not before the deadline, am sorta confused now. Some of the presets are in their commercial soundsets, but they aren't made by some other person out there (3rd party) they are all designed by the Tone2 team.

Sorry guys, misread, only the presets that come with the software or are freely available.

bjporter wrote:Sorry guys, misread, only the presets that come with the software or are freely available.
OK thanks, and the deadline is tomorrow at midnight, right?

Examigan wrote:
bjporter wrote:Sorry guys, misread, only the presets that come with the software or are freely available.
Technically it's the time the KVR forum says when logged off. So that would be 3:00am EST / New York time for me. Depends where are you.

bjporter wrote:
Examigan wrote:
Technically it's the time the KVR forum says when logged off. So that would be 3:00am EST / New York time for me. Depends where are you.
I am in Connecticut, so I'm on the East coast also.

About the presets: I just thought of something. Some of the presets that are in the Tone2 soundsets were designed by myself, but I can't use them for this as they're being sold by Tone2.

Catch22 :?

Examigan wrote:
bjporter wrote:
Examigan wrote:
I am in Connecticut, so I'm on the East coast also.

About the presets: I just thought of something. Some of the presets that are in the Tone2 soundsets were designed by myself, but I can't use them for this as they're being sold by Tone2.

Catch22 :?
I think that's fine :)

Indeed, poorly worded rule with the "3rd party" as commercial presets can of course come from the developer as well. Will change the wording for the next competition but as you've now gathered the rule is against commercial presets full stop.

V'ger wrote:Indeed, poorly worded rule with the "3rd party" as commercial presets can of course come from the developer as well. Will change the wording for the next competition but as you've now gathered the rule is against commercial presets full stop.
I just uninstalled everything Saurus related, and then installed the regular Saurus with no other extra soundsets. I wanted to make sure nothing came from anything other than the regular synth install.

Now to salvage my song...hope it turns out ok, and in time. :pray:

Sorry about that, but as Bjporter says, any sound you've made yourself is of course Ok to use regardless if it's in a commercial soundset or not.

Examigan wrote:
V'ger wrote:Indeed, poorly worded rule with the "3rd party" as commercial presets can of course come from the developer as well. Will change the wording for the next competition but as you've now gathered the rule is against commercial presets full stop.
I just uninstalled everything Saurus related, and then installed the regular Saurus with no other extra soundsets. I wanted to make sure nothing came from anything other than the regular synth install.

Now to salvage my song...hope it turns out ok, and in time. :pray:
Of course, the presets are probably saved with the song, so they'll load when you load the project regardless if they are present in the preset library...

Return to “Instruments”