One-Synth-Challenge 60: Any One Synth - Chat & gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

satYatunes wrote:I am going to repeat my post from General discussion thread :-D

Not sure if you guys are aware of it or not. AxisPlugins have released MotoQ for free.

Download link: http://axisplugins.com/download/Moto_Q_Free

Screenshot: http://axisplugins.net/themes/axis/imag ... /MotoQ.png

32 and 64 bit installer and dll file available for download. It has FFT and spectrum view. 11 bands. I cannot find a way to change filter types for band. Big UI. Only catch is you will get a nagging pop-up screen with valentine message flashing (they wanna show how much they love you :-D), clicking it will get you back to the plugin screen not a major issue considering all the features it provides. Doesn't seem like a CPU hog either I have used it briefly in Reaper though.
A fabulous GUI, that's how to do it! left-click drag to set points, level and Hz, right-click drag for width. The easy buttons above and below are also perfect. Sounds good too and of course the graphs and spectrum is very useful. Shame about the nag, but runs light too as you say.

Sry guys, I moved my own post manually in this thread as an answer to a post from idf in the submission thread. I mixed both threads somehow up on my computer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
idfpower wrote: ... Given the opportunity, I wanted to support a really dedicated freebie developer (instead of jumping in the cool commercial plugins boat), and Andrew sure fits the profile - what he managed to do with this synth is very impressive. On the other hand HYDi is a darling of mine since it was the spark that ignited my "audio demos for freebie plugins" campaing so a dedicated song for the new version was on my to do list anyway :) Speaking of perfect timing, heh :) I only hope my "creation" will rise to the challenge of showing what HYDi is capable of :) ...
Nice track. Reminds me a lot on the good old times when I was hanging around in the Amiga demo scene late 80s/early 90s. Dangit, have not remembered them for a very long time. This one brings back lots of good & funny memories from my youth including my first own steps in making music on my own on all those trackers. A close friend of mine was a Swapper (those were the ones who were sending floppy disks with all kind of demoes to other swappers via post and they recieved all the stuff exclusively from the groups too). He invited me to meet up with some other people and I ended somewhere in a small village somewhere here in Germany .

I lol`d. I mean that was Big Bang Theory live in the 80s. A "small room" (5mx5m, 6mx6m...not quite sure but it was very "compact") right under the roof in the house from one of the guys and his parents were not at home. Summer! Sun was burning. And we only had a small window. But that was not the badest thing: the most heat did not come from outside but from more than 15 Amiga 500 computers they set up all over the room with monitors and PSUs and cables all over the place. That was the first time in my life where I saw:

- customized Amigas 500 (circuitbended) - they looked more like a synth
- two Amgia 500 connected via something and playing Lotus or some other racing game against each other on different monitors
- that you can use a thingy called Blue Box to make phone calls for free worldwie via Asia (good for communicating via acoustic coupler to get all the stuff from the BBS - sry Kids, no flatrate back in the days)
- that 20 nerds and 15 computer can co-exists on such a small space
- a Pizza guy coming in with 10 boxes of pizza. I will never forget that face when he saw all those computers and us. I think this was the first LAN party he and I have seen in our life. :D

Anway, thanks. That one really made my day. Lots of good memories right now.

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Wow, one hell of a story :) Yup, sounds like old-school dynamite material ;) Nowadays we have all these powerful shiny new toys, but the feel is not there, you know...

Thanks again for all the work you've put into testing HYDi & the extra preset bank - awesome sounds ;) Let's hope it's gonna finally draw the attention it deserves ;)

And your comments made my day ;) Much appreciated ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Yeah great story, I can picture it. 8)

satYatunes wrote:I am going to repeat my post from General discussion thread :-D

Not sure if you guys are aware of it or not. AxisPlugins have released MotoQ for free.

32 and 64 bit installer and dll file available for download. It has FFT and spectrum view. 11 bands. I cannot find a way to change filter types for band. Big UI. Only catch is you will get a nagging pop-up screen with valentine message flashing (they wanna show how much they love you :-D), clicking it will get you back to the plugin screen not a major issue considering all the features it provides. Doesn't seem like a CPU hog either I have used it briefly in Reaper though.

bzur: welcome back
Nice one Satya. Thank you for Sharing :tu:

Oh and as for Alchemy :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

(I didn't notice you for four seasons ...I'm sorry :hihi: )

idfpower wrote:Wow, one hell of a story :) Yup, sounds like old-school dynamite material ;) Nowadays we have all these powerful shiny new toys, but the feel is not there, you know...

Thanks again for all the work you've put into testing HYDi & the extra preset bank - awesome sounds ;) Let's hope it's gonna finally draw the attention it deserves ;)

And your comments made my day ;) Much appreciated ;)
And regarding to your track: I hope that people will realize that HYDi is MONOPHONIC (well, mostly). So no "chords". I think your track is a good example how poly some mono can sound. :D

I was thinking about entering with a HYDi track too but unfortunately I don´t have found time to do this. Maybe near osc challenge deadline. I still have some unfinished/finished soundbanks with patches I wanna release in near future.

Btw which presets have you used? The Bell one, is that the "Depeche Moed" one?

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Halma wrote: And regarding to your track: I hope that people will realize that HYDi is MONOPHONIC (well, mostly). So no "chords". I think your track is a good example how poly some mono can sound. :D

I was thinking about entering with a HYDi track too but unfortunately I don´t have found time to do this. Maybe near osc challenge deadline. I still have some unfinished/finished soundbanks with patches I wanna release in near future.

Btw which presets have you used? The Bell one, is that the "Depeche Moed" one?

Regards
Sebastian
Oh, darn it, I wanted to keep that secret since ppl on KVR seem to get a rash everytime they see the word "monophonic" :hihi: For the record: I NEVER use chords in my songs - seriously :oops: :clown:

The bells are actually PC_Bell Octaves - just played in a (way) lower octave ;) There's 09_Depeche in it, but in a different section (towards the end of the 1st theme - the one that comes after the bells; not stock though). From your bank I've also used SQ_DBL PWM ('cause it's my favourite HYDi preset) & SQ_Fat RM1. I wanted this "song" to work both as an OSC entry and as an audio demo for HYDi so I've picked sounds from both banks on purpose ;)
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

V'ger wrote:
solidtrax wrote:We can submit more songs, is it not?
Sorry, only one per entrant (person, team)..
Have the rules been changed or is it for this month only?

Maybe it's for the better that we can only submit one song.. it's the 19th already and still have not decided which synth to use.. and we are not even sure we will have anything ready by the end of this month, as we have some deadlines that can't wait.

What to do, what to do...
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

solidtrax wrote: Have the rules been changed or is it for this month only?
Yes, the rules have been changed recently (like 2 - 3 editions ago IIRC). Now it's 1 song per artist.

V'ger wrote:

A fabulous GUI, that's how to do it! left-click drag to set points, level and Hz, right-click drag for width. The easy buttons above and below are also perfect. Sounds good too and of course the graphs and spectrum is very useful. Shame about the nag, but runs light too as you say.
Moto Q has amazing functionality for being free. It makes equalizing fun. :phones:

Maybe I'm a romantic - actually of course I'm a huge romantic, but I think all EQ's should have at least an optional visual feedback - like a spectral analyzer in it, especially in this day and age?

Of course you trust your ears, but it's so nice to see those spikes, or bright fiery spots - even if sometimes EQ is a game of whack a mole

Can Zebrify be used when using Zebra 2? Though it's a commercial effect, it's available by owning Zebra 2 in the first place... so nothing more than the synth effect or a DAW effect, really - right?

Note the updated prize from LeapIntoTheVoid:

LeapIntoTheVoid : 1 x Bundle: The Serpent, Darker Than Dark Within Bloom, Knowledge Of The Hidden, Dronos Of Meta

Thanks Mikael :tu:

I started a song for this using Saurus, it's up to 12 instances of it right now. Spent a long time getting a snare sound, whew...but it sounds good now.

It's turning out pretty well (I think anyway), and want to use a decent amount of the time left to make sure it sounds good all-around.

Deadline will be here before ya know it :)

Working on collecting the best tips for making drum sounds as that's clearly what's people are not used to. Here's the page: https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/howtos

So far only the SoundOnSound articles, more to come. But please suggest or even make some tutorials or videos yourself that we can put up.

The link can be found in the new FAQ question (second to last):

"It is difficult making drum sounds with the synth, what can I do?
Here is a page with collected videos, tutorials and links that you might find useful."
Last edited by V'ger on Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”