One-Synth-Challenge 60: Any One Synth - Chat & gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bjulin wrote:Umm...

I just came back from Austria and was shocked :eek:, that zRev and Zebrify are not allowed!??!??!?? Since these Plugins are nothing but parts of Zebra², there shouldn´t be a problem!? I thought, I couldn´t make it any better than using only "Zebra-Stuff"?! I really hope, these plugins do not disqualify my track... :cry:
Yeah it was untimely that you left for travels right after uploading and didnt have internet, but since you were not the only one to misunderstand the Zebra effects and because of the special circumstances it will be Ok if you replace those effects and re-upload today. It's not as if you uploaded after the deadline or did this on purpose, we know you did everything by the book on previous competitions, just a simple misunderstanding, I'm sure everyone agrees.

V'ger wrote:

I just came back from Austria and was shocked :eek:, that zRev and Zebrify are not allowed!??!??!?? Since these Plugins are nothing but parts of Zebra², there shouldn´t be a problem!? I thought, I couldn´t make it any better than using only "Zebra-Stuff"?! I really hope, these plugins do not disqualify my track... :cry:
Yeah it was untimely that you left for travels right after uploading and didnt have internet, but since you were not the only one to misunderstand the Zebra effects and because of the special circumstances it will be Ok if you replace those effects and re-upload today. It's not as if you uploaded after the deadline or did this on purpose, we know you did everything by the book on previous competitions, just a simple misunderstanding, I'm sure everyone agrees.
:tu:

V'ger wrote:

:phew: Thank you so much!! :hug:

I have replaced the effects!
Ready to go into the soundcloud-player :D

Thanks again! Good luck to everyone...
(now I can relax and listen to all the tracks) 8)
https://audile.shop - the quality controlled sound shop
http://bjulin.de

Bjulin wrote: :phew: Thank you so much!! :hug:

I have replaced the effects!
Ready to go into the soundcloud-player :D

Thanks again! Good luck to everyone...
(now I can relax and listen to all the tracks) 8)
Ur in the SC list now :tu:

V'ger wrote:

Awesome! :party: :tu:
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

Just uploaded presets for the T-Force Alpha Plus which I used for this challenge
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/t-force ... /downloads

I noticed they have updated the synth on 28th Feb - now I've got to check that out :)
checked - my presets dont work properly with new version, will see if i can update them :neutral:
Sorted :)

Hi OSC-ers,

Finally got off my butt and posted the patches from my entry to the KVR Alchemy "Banks & Patches" page.

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/alchemy ... /downloads

Have a look if you're interested. You will see that I mostly stuck to VA for the sounds (i think only two use additive).

Back to listening to OSC 60 :hyper:

My Soundcloud transcoded entry this month seems less loud than the wav I uploaded. Anyone noticed this with their track?

e@rs wrote:My Soundcloud transcoded entry this month seems less loud than the wav I uploaded. Anyone noticed this with their track?
Yes, mine too. quality is just not so good on soundcloud either. In a way its showing up my own shortcomings. download sounds ok though.

I am angry at this because these days people are grabbed by a loud track and they think 'it sounds better'. I tried not to squash my mix very much, and was happy with the decent loudness I got. And then Soundcloud f***** it and made me feel cheated. I really don't get this transcoding they're doing.

Richard, unfortunately people don't download the tracks, they listen the transcodes, so you and I and maybe others end up with a noticeable modified track. I undestand the loss in frequency from the 128kbps re-encode, but less loud?

Hey e@rs, RS,

I'm not going to claim to know the answer here but I guess one could open another free account and play-around with it to try to determine the likely result.

If I can find the time I might do a bit of A / B testing and post the results.

AFAICT the mix does change but it's difficult to quantify :? If anyone has already done the above it would be great to get some insights.

H-man wrote: I'm not going to claim to know the answer here but I guess one could open another free account and play-around with it to try to determine the likely result.
Thats an idea, tho seems a bit of a hassle.

When I listened to mine on soundcloud it seemed quiet, and somewhat compressed. However, when I listened back to my original mix (although it sounds better) I could now detect problems with my mix which I was not hearing before, and which the soundcloud version was essentially highlighting for me. So actually a useful exercise.

I want to make my mixes sound great on any platform, so my approach will be to check out the entries which sound great on soundcloud and say 'what are they doing that I'm not?' then try to emulate that. Then test it on laptop, hi-fi, ipad and in the car too ;) Hopefully in time I'll become a better producer.

NEW OSC61 PRIZE :) - 1x REAPER DAW!!!!!

1x Discount license for Personal and Small Business

Donated by Cactoos :hail: :hail: :hail: His soundcoud here: https://soundcloud.com/cactoos

For those new, check out Cactoo's smashing entry for Mono/Fury:
https://soundcloud.com/cactoos/cactoos- ... ard-osc-56
Last edited by bjporter on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cactoos, very nice :tu: :)

Return to “Instruments”