Elicenser queries and list?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ok, well im clueless about whats gone on before so i'll leave it at that.

getting back to the elicenser, does anyone know if the usb can be used WITHOUT installing the elCC software?

(ie activate on pc#1 using elCC, but then use USB on pc#2 without installing anything?)

I run both Cubase and Wavelab Elements 8. Cubase's copy protect is on my Syncrosoft dongle; Wavelab Elements' copy protect is on e-Licenser which is on my hard drive. I did not get a choice on the Wavelab install, that's where it put it. Why? I dunno.

Neither bothers me terrifically, I got a lot of different copy protection schemes on this machine. As long as they don't get in my way - like Kontakt's did yesterday. What a mess.

gamecat666 wrote:getting back to the elicenser, does anyone know if the usb can be used WITHOUT installing the elCC software?
Doesn't work.
The drivers/manager need to be installed. Again, they're lightweight.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

gamecat666 wrote:ok, well im clueless about whats gone on before so i'll leave it at that.

getting back to the elicenser, does anyone know if the usb can be used WITHOUT installing the elCC software?

(ie activate on pc#1 using elCC, but then use USB on pc#2 without installing anything?)
I do not understand what end you are attempting to achieve. You want to run a USB dongle on a machine that has no software that requites donglation?

If you want to run software that requires a dongle, you must use and activate the respective software that accomodates the dongle. That's sort of interface software that allows the main program to use and recognize the copy protection licenses. No Syncrosoft software, Cubase will not recognize the dongle and you will not be able to use it.

I was hoping something like Cubase would be able to interface with the USB and check for a license there without needing to install elCC, sounds unlikely though.

Return to “Instruments”