SampleTank 3 - Informational Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That vocal patch in the Jordan Rudess video sound cool.That sustained
chord at the end didn't have any out of tune loops or any other artifacts.

Is it possible to load a MIDI file and play it across a range of keys so it can be played back tempo synced and transposed in real time? That would be a very useful feature!

BBFG# wrote:After spending the week in formating a new drive, doing a fresh install of Win8x64 & Sonar according to IK's standards and installing Amplitube3 & T Rack-S by their directions and finding out they still crash before opening either as a stand-alone or VST, I've concluded that anything 64bit from them would be a waste of time and money for me at this point.
On that, you may find your experience somewhat unique. I know it doesn't help to hear this, but I've run 64-bit IK plugins on Sonar X1-X3, Studio One, Cubase, and Reaper, and they've worked pretty well on Vista, Win7, and now Win 8.1.

What OS are you using? Have you tried contacting tech support? It may be worth it, since they're, by and large, quite good and useful plugins.

How will importing wave files to create instruments work? Will we be able to use release samples?

If you are looking for something to occupy some time until ST3, here is a 700 meg Baldwin Baby Grand for ST2.5. I've been irritating KVR with various versions of it for some time, so here is the final Sampletank version for a Sampletank thread.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4ulla ... letank.zip

I've cleaned this topic up again. For the love of all things decent and pure in this world can you just discuss the product in question without all the f**king arguments and resentment.

The locked topics are still available if you feel the need to read them. This one is the current one. We are all going to work together to keep it civil or there will be more bans. :x

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=390117
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=402736

:bang:

The Jorden Rudess video is what sold me on ST3. The sound is amazing! Though anything Jordan Rudess touches sounds amazing. I'm looking forward to the upgrade.
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

I think this is a non-confrontational, respectful, product-related question. ;)
Breeze wrote:Is it possible to load a MIDI file and play it across a range of keys so it can be played back tempo synced and transposed in real time? That would be a very useful feature!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:SampleTank 3 will cost 60% of what SampleTank did when released in 2003
Adjusted for inflation?

FWIW, ST2 was one of my favorite plugs before I went full x64. There were so many things to do with it, and playing with all its features was dead-simple.

ST3 looks like ST2 on steroids: updated instruments, new FX (a LOT of new FX), and some great new features, in an easy to navigate package. A very big fun factor, for me at least. I'm very much looking forward to getting it.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Breeze wrote:I think this is a non-confrontational, respectful, product-related question. ;)
Breeze wrote:Is it possible to load a MIDI file and play it across a range of keys so it can be played back tempo synced and transposed in real time? That would be a very useful feature!
Yes it is and I've forwarded it on. I do know that the dragging of the loops onto the keyboard as in the video that was posted (the non-Jordan Rudess video posted first) is a really cool feature and related but I had to send your specific question (or suggestion if it comes to that) as I'm not quite sure about loading MIDI (or to address the import question, I don't have a step-by-step on that process or release samples at this time). I'll keep the information coming as I have it, and I should have another video soon too.

firepile wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:SampleTank 3 will cost 60% of what SampleTank did when released in 2003
Adjusted for inflation?
It will cost 60% of what SampleTank did when released in 2003.

I know I said I wasn't interested necessarily in upgrading previously, but I'm curious about the option of an engine-only upgrade? I have tons of ST2 format sounds that I would love to load into the new engine. I just don't really NEED all the new sounds(though I've said that before, lol).

Will there be an engine-only upgrade? What will be the cheapest route for me to be able to use the new engine? Really can't afford much these days, so I can't just buy the full thing to use the engine. Thanks.

Brent
My host is better than your host

koolkeys wrote:I know I said I wasn't interested necessarily in upgrading previously, but I'm curious about the option of an engine-only upgrade? I have tons of ST2 format sounds that I would love to load into the new engine. I just don't really NEED all the new sounds(though I've said that before, lol).

Will there be an engine-only upgrade? What will be the cheapest route for me to be able to use the new engine? Really can't afford much these days, so I can't just buy the full thing to use the engine. Thanks.

Brent
We've floated a question about that recently, but the official answer right now is that there will not be a free engine-only version available upon release, nor do we have information about an upgrade to such a version being available commercially either. I'll update if there's any change to that.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
koolkeys wrote:I know I said I wasn't interested necessarily in upgrading previously, but I'm curious about the option of an engine-only upgrade? I have tons of ST2 format sounds that I would love to load into the new engine. I just don't really NEED all the new sounds(though I've said that before, lol).

Brent
We've floated a question about that recently, but the official answer right now is that there will not be a free engine-only version available upon release, nor do we have information about an upgrade to such a version being available commercially either. I'll update if there's any change to that.
Thanks Peter. I'm not even asking for a free upgrade, but just a lower cost upgrade that doesn't have any sounds.

Appreciate the reply though! Thanks!

Brent
My host is better than your host

At about 1:45 in this vid, the presenter says that it will be out Q1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTiF6pNZqiw

How's that release date coming along?

Return to “Instruments”