SampleTank 3 - Informational Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think it's fair to say that the time for urgency in anticipation of the release of ST3 has long since passed.

If IK was going to strike while the iron was hot, it would have been years ago. At the very least, a x64 version of ST2.5 would have come out at the same time that AT was upgraded.

So those of us that absolutely need x64 .vsti's, have long since moved on. And, those of us that need fresh (or at least competitive) sounds have also long since moved on. Would it be nice to have ST3 (or a x64 ST2.5) TODAY? Absolutely. But for most of us, the earth is still turning.

Personally, like many here, I've jumped into the Halion Sonic 2 pool with both feet. And the water is refreshing. However, I do look forward to ST3, and when it's here, I'll get it for two reasons: 1) IK makes good stuff, and 2) I love these electronic toys.

It'll be a great product when it arrives. But I won't sweat it until it does. And I certainly won't give IK any guff about a product that doesn't exist yet.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Teksonik wrote: So now it's by end of June ?

It's a legitimate question that probably won't get answered but what is holding up ST3's release ? The plugin ? The sample content ? The box/printed materials ? All of the above, none of the above ?
I think we can tell a lot from the fact that Peter said they couldn't make ST 2.5 without 'introducing bugs' (paraphrasing from memory, I'm sure somebody can find his exact phrase), when Image Line have just updated most of their VSTs to 64 bit. For nothing. That was about ten of them? Funny how IK can't even provide a 64 bit upgrade to ST 2.5 because apparently their programmers are incapable of doing so without making a buggy program.

I am under the impression that IK started working on this way much later than they'd like us to believe.

Ben H wrote: My whole reason for posting was to share my own thoughts and experiences, having owned IK products for 10 years now. :shrug:
Ok, I get it.

I'd be pissed too if I was putting too much hopes in IK. Their policy is rather strange and dangerous, I am sure they realise they loose a lot of interest and this forever going promisse will actually have a totally opposite effect on many buyers.

But obviously you do care about this ST3, otherwise you wouldn't bother posting.
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

basslinemaster wrote: I think we can tell a lot from the fact that Peter said they couldn't make ST 2.5 without 'introducing bugs' (paraphrasing from memory, I'm sure somebody can find his exact phrase), when Image Line have just updated most of their VSTs to 64 bit. For nothing. That was about ten of them? Funny how IK can't even provide a 64 bit upgrade to ST 2.5 because apparently their programmers are incapable of doing so without making a buggy program.
Yes, every company's products and the code therein are exactly the same, and require the same effort and have the same lineage and issues, etc. Oh wait, they are not and we're existing in the real world. Your post made me lose sight of that for a moment, then the logical part of my brain kicked in and appreciated that at least you are interested enough in SampleTank 3 to try to make completely irrational comparisons in order to discredit IK at every turn so I'll take it at face value.

We have a thread about it where it is clearly explained on our forum, so I won't rehash that again. This is a ground-up rewrite for different reasons, we've discussed it before. However, I really do appreciate your interest, be it in a way that is intentionally (yet unfortunately inaccurately) full of assumptions, conjecture, and misinformation.

I hope the dead horse enjoyed the beating you've given it yet again, as well as the additional whacks I have been baited into also giving it. If you'd like to take some jabs at a live horse, you are welcome to lend what you seem to feel is a tremendous amount of insight and skill into the business IK is in and see if there is anything you can directly apply for here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jobs and I'll leave you to your crusade unless there are more glaring inconsistencies and deliberate smear tactics that need dispelled yet again.

It looks like Peter is actively trying to get this thread locked (which is probably in IK's best interest anyway). There wasn't much purpose in starting an informational thread when there is so little information.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
basslinemaster wrote: I think we can tell a lot from the fact that Peter said they couldn't make ST 2.5 without 'introducing bugs' (paraphrasing from memory, I'm sure somebody can find his exact phrase), when Image Line have just updated most of their VSTs to 64 bit. For nothing. That was about ten of them? Funny how IK can't even provide a 64 bit upgrade to ST 2.5 because apparently their programmers are incapable of doing so without making a buggy program.
Yes, every company's products and the code therein are exactly the same, and require the same effort and have the same lineage and issues, etc. Oh wait, they are not and we're existing in the real world. Your post made me lose sight of that for a moment, then the logical part of my brain kicked in and appreciated that at least you are interested enough in SampleTank 3 to try to make completely irrational comparisons in order to discredit IK at every turn so I'll take it at face value.

We have a thread about it where it is clearly explained on our forum, so I won't rehash that again. This is a ground-up rewrite for different reasons, we've discussed it before. However, I really do appreciate your interest, be it in a way that is intentionally (yet unfortunately inaccurately) full of assumptions, conjecture, and misinformation.

I hope the dead horse enjoyed the beating you've given it yet again, as well as the additional whacks I have been baited into also giving it. If you'd like to take some jabs at a live horse, you are welcome to lend what you seem to feel is a tremendous amount of insight and skill into the business IK is in and see if there is anything you can directly apply for here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jobs and I'll leave you to your crusade unless there are more glaring inconsistencies and deliberate smear tactics that need dispelled yet again.
basslinemaster is also missing the fact that IK came out with x64 versions of T-Racks, CSR and AT3 years ago. So 'buggy' programming is clearly NOT an issue.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote: basslinemaster is also missing the fact that IK came out with x64 versions of T-Racks, CSR and AT3 years ago. So 'buggy' programming is clearly NOT an issue.

And again, the irony for me is that the 32b STank VI et al works great, and we still haven't found 'the bug' that prevents the 64b A3/TRackS from working on my system...

:?

Except that what was there at the start addressed what people were asking and was scattered across at least two or more pretty vicious threads with lots of OT to wade through. Not to mention, people were and are asking for the information provided. If you don't find the thread informative it is not all that hard to pass it over, but it does get replies and seems to be of interest to some.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: I hope you understand that we're not going to divulge details about what causes development of a product to get delayed as specifically as you'd like to anybody who is not employed by IK.
Oh yes I didn't really expect an answer. But I'm not asking you to divulge trade secrets. As someone who has been in the vst scene going on 15 years now and has been a beta tester on many projects I can't help but wonder just out of general curiosity what is taking so long......and after all this is the "Informational" thread....... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

24MTS wrote:
Ben H wrote: My whole reason for posting was to share my own thoughts and experiences, having owned IK products for 10 years now. :shrug:
Ok, I get it.

I'd be pissed too if I was putting too much hopes in IK. Their policy is rather strange and dangerous, I am sure they realise they loose a lot of interest and this forever going promisse will actually have a totally opposite effect on many buyers.
It's not even really about being pissed.

It's more expressing my disappointment than anything.
1. Disappointment at the loyalty upgrade price AND
2. Remorse for even buying ST to being with.

Of all the software that I have bought over the years, Sampletank would have to be my most regretted purchase.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

I think it's clear that ST3 can't be discussed civilly. These threads are a moderators nightmare - constant reports from all sides, he said, she said, they can't say that, how dare they suggest this, ... I say enough!

IK has their own forum at www.ikmultimedia.com/forum

If you want to discuss ST3 please do so there.

We should have moratorium on ST3 threads at KVR (let's say until Musikmesse).

:neutral:

Return to “Instruments”