SampleTank 3 - Informational Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's going to be tough to please everyone because of the price fluctuations and the length of time this upgrade has taken.
I completely understand very early adopters being slightly miffed .I would suggest a free upgrade for customers who purchased within the first 2 years :hihi:
As for someone like me who purchased St2 at a no brainer, another $99 is definitely worth it!
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

hmm.. when it can't go lower than $99 (for the really early adopters) i think the majority of people will be deeply frustrated with their price (and i dont talk about the people who bought ST2 in the last group-buy).

we'll see.. :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

basslinemaster wrote:
gamecat666 wrote:will ST2.5 and its expansions remain on sale when ST3 is released? or is it being officially discontinued. (just wondering because ST3 is 64 bit only)
That's a very good question. Presumably ST3 doesn't come with the ST2.5 libraries, nor the expansions, nor Sonik Synth's libraries, nor the Miroslav libraries...

That seems reasonable. I was told at Winter NAMM 2014, "unofficially", to expect the ST3 included library to be composed of 90% - 95% new samples. At over 30GB, one would expect the new library to cover all the basic ground of their previous VI's plus some new instruments/kits/sounds/loops.
"...Save the bones for Henry Jones, 'cause Henry don't eat no meat..."

I've been given the go-ahead to post a release estimation on our forum at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewt ... 047#p40047 and I'll check to see if we'll keep the ST 2.x line available after SampleTank 3 is released.

Thanks Peter!
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

June 2

100 posts BOOYAH!

So, Sampletank 3 will be only sampleplayer/ROMPLER??

There's no sample mapping mapping and editing?

Of course.

Uh oh, the labeling/naming thing took quite a detour in one of the other threads... Anyway, SampleTank is moving forward with its strengths as a ROMpler workstation at heart, with the ability to import samples and also having an Edit section where you can sculpt those samples (as well as the included library of sounds) with three playback engines, 14 filters, LFOs, and 5-stage envelopes. There are also the many available effects to aid in sound design within SampleTank 3.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Uh oh, the labeling/naming thing took quite a detour in one of the other threads... Anyway, SampleTank is moving forward with its strengths as a ROMpler workstation at heart, with the ability to import samples and also having an Edit section where you can sculpt those samples (as well as the included library of sounds) with three playback engines, 14 filters, LFOs, and 5-stage envelopes. There are also the many available effects to aid in sound design within SampleTank 3.
Doesn't that sound remarkably like Sampletank 2.5?
Import samples
Three playback engines (Resamp, PS/TS, Stretch)
LFOs
5 stage envelopes

So far we have seen nothing really new... except for 14 filters. We have video demoes that sound no better than ST 2.5 (because ST 2.5 already sounded really good), and little else.
ST 2.5 already has an edit section where you can 'sculpt' samples, and the included library.

We want to know what ST 3 does that ST 2.5 can't do.

I think $99 is a fair upgrade price, though I hope that it applies to newer customers as well, especially when we have all the previous software (i.e. SampleTank, Sonik, Miroslav, Moog Tron) and several of the collections.

It may sound silly, but anything less than a hundred I can buy without debating with the mrs... Once it starts creeping over that, it's always a discussion. (okay, I'm whipped, I admit it.. ;) )

tosvus wrote:I think $99 is a fair upgrade price, though I hope that it applies to newer customers as well, especially when we have all the previous software (i.e. SampleTank, Sonik, Miroslav, Moog Tron) and several of the collections.

It may sound silly, but anything less than a hundred I can buy without debating with the mrs... Once it starts creeping over that, it's always a discussion. (okay, I'm whipped, I admit it.. ;) )
Hey,I'm in that very same club. :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Another great FX unit from SampleTank 3:

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Uh oh, the labeling/naming thing took quite a detour in one of the other threads... Anyway, SampleTank is moving forward with its strengths as a ROMpler workstation at heart, with the ability to import samples and also having an Edit section where you can sculpt those samples (as well as the included library of sounds) with three playback engines, 14 filters, LFOs, and 5-stage envelopes. There are also the many available effects to aid in sound design within SampleTank 3.
I still prefer to think of it as a sample player. When I think rompler, I think of my M1. Besides, 'RompleTank' has a completely different sound to it, a rather 'Grimm Tale' of a sound I would imagine. ;)

sampletank 2 can't do keyswitching, round robins, midi patterns. that's from the top of my head.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Return to “Instruments”