SampleTank 3 - Informational Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I did not post release date information here and there's no specific information available yet. I'll post it in the thread when I have it.

On another note, we released another video, informative and/or informational if you find information delivered via audio and pertaining to electric piano useful to your ears:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etdn0UDix1g

Just grabbed a shot of one of the many effects that will be in SampleTank 3, this has not been posted anywhere yet:

yevster wrote:
BBFG# wrote:After spending the week in formating a new drive, doing a fresh install of Win8x64 & Sonar according to IK's standards and installing Amplitube3 & T Rack-S by their directions and finding out they still crash before opening either as a stand-alone or VST, I've concluded that anything 64bit from them would be a waste of time and money for me at this point.
On that, you may find your experience somewhat unique. I know it doesn't help to hear this, but I've run 64-bit IK plugins on Sonar X1-X3, Studio One, Cubase, and Reaper, and they've worked pretty well on Vista, Win7, and now Win 8.1.

What OS are you using? Have you tried contacting tech support? It may be worth it, since they're, by and large, quite good and useful plugins.
Been dealing with support on this for awhile now. Their first belief was this sometimes happens when the DAW is installed on a different drive other than the C: drive even though everything else on the system works great. OS is Win7x64 on the D: drive, ST2 et al VIs are on the E: drive with the rest of the sample players and also work fine. Only the Custom Shop effects and Amplitube3 are crashing before they open. Tried installing several different ways in 32b, 64b, and both, on different drives and in both specified and automatic folder placements. Finally, I removed all three drives, installed a SSD with a fresh install of Win 8.1x64, a fresh install of SonarX3d Producer, and then the latest version of Custom Shop/ Amplitube3, all on the C: drive as support specified. With exactly the same results. Support just emailed me they are trying to figure out what is happening and it might take them a few days to get back to me on it. So it's officially in limbo and I'm moving on with what does work and shelving the idea of using it or anything 64b from them for now. We'll see.

Will the upgrade be available from online retailers, or solely via download at IKM? Paying Italy's VAT when I don't live in Italy doesn't appeal to me.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I first read the title Sampletank 3 - International Threat :hihi:

Seriouly, what's the deal for people who own (like me) all the component of the Total Workstation?
I can understand the will not to release a free player to force sales but unless the deal is a really good one, I'll save my money for a future group-buy.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Karten wrote:I first read the title Sampletank 3 - International Threat :hihi:

Seriouly, what's the deal for people who own (like me) all the component of the Total Workstation?
I can understand the will not to release a free player to force sales but unless the deal is a really good one, I'll save my money for a future group-buy.
There will definitely be an upgrade path available. I don't yet know if that will be made available through dealers so I'm checking that out (in reference to the related question before yours).

Cri wrote:Is it possible to load 3rd party libraries from indie developers or only official releases?
Sorry I didn't answer this one, yes 3rd party developers will be supported and will be able to create libraries.

Looks perfect and exactly what I want. Sorry I had missed the info of NAMM and this video.. i didn't realise it was well on it's way. A bit excited now.

I am chuffed about keyswitch and i have this secret hope that miroslav will be reworked with some keyswitch multis.. :grin:

TheoM wrote:Looks perfect and exactly what I want. Sorry I had missed the info of NAMM and this video.. i didn't realise it was well on it's way. A bit excited now.

I am chuffed about keyswitch and i have this secret hope that miroslav will be reworked with some keyswitch multis.. :grin:
I'm glad you find this thread informative :) There will be new orchestral instruments with great articulations for sure.

kgdrum wrote:quote: "SampleTank 3 will cost 60% of what SampleTank did when released in 2003 and there will be upgrade pricing, including an extra discount for early adopters of SampleTank 2."

What are the actual upgrade prices?
I don't have specific upgrade levels but I have been given the OK to share that it will be range of prices as low as $99.99 (conditions apply).

Since I have 700% less money than I did in 2003, I'll have to wait and see what the actual offering price is.

Is it really 64-bit only?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

if i may ask , is that the range for long time sampletank user to . Is that the lowest the upgrade price will be starting at for everyone.

Aloysius wrote:Since I have 700% less money than I did in 2003, I'll have to wait and see what the actual offering price is.

Is it really 64-bit only?
It is 64-bit only. Similar to recent full-version updates to major DAWs (Logic Pro X, Pro Tools 11), the new powerful engine will be 64-bit only.

cain wrote:if i may ask , is that the range for long time sampletank user to . Is that the lowest the upgrade price will be starting at for everyone.
That's the range of upgrading overall. As low as $99.99.

Return to “Instruments”