SampleTank 3 - Informational Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I can upgrade for $99 that would be great! :-)
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Aloysius wrote:Since I have 700% less money than I did in 2003, I'll have to wait and see what the actual offering price is.

Is it really 64-bit only?
It is 64-bit only. Similar to recent full-version updates to major DAWs (Logic Pro X, Pro Tools 11), the new powerful engine will be 64-bit only.
Thank you.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

ah ok cool now i can start saving the spare change that i usually loose in the couch till release. :hihi:

now its just a waiting game. :hyper: looking forward to it now.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I don't have specific upgrade levels but I have been given the OK to share that it will be range of prices as low as $99.99 (conditions apply).
Ouch. :dog:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

no free 'player', and lowest price being $99?

thats official then, No more ST for me. what a shame.

well "no free player at release" has been known for a while
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Since ST3 can import ST2 sounds, it's a piece of cake for them to release an ST3 player, just leave out the 30GB of included sounds. Bring the price down to $30 for previous customers, with the option to audition and buy selected parts of the 30GB library online, and they'll have a winner.
I won't be paying $99 (or even more) for ST3, I haven't heard anything from the demos that sounds remotely impressive. The last video with the electric piano - I've got sounds just as good as that on ST2.5 with combis I've made in a few seconds, or from Hypersonic 2. Haven't they got any better demoes?

The libraries are a huge part of this major full version upgrade, and we've always stated this. We have posted the reasoning for SampleTank 3 being the 64-bit option too and why it is far from "just a 64-bit upgrade" so that would be the reason a free version will not be available upon release (as we've also been fully open about for a while now): http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewt ... =12&t=6909 (point #3 specifically addresses the topic and serves as IK's official answer).

Suggestions here are relayed, too, of course and we have multiple methods of contact available on our site if you'd like your voice to be heard directly http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-us/ ... IKForm.php and if you'd like to have a direct hand in business decisions made by IK we also have http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jobs with multiple listings.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
kgdrum wrote:quote: "SampleTank 3 will cost 60% of what SampleTank did when released in 2003 and there will be upgrade pricing, including an extra discount for early adopters of SampleTank 2."

What are the actual upgrade prices?
I don't have specific upgrade levels but I have been given the OK to share that it will be range of prices as low as $99.99 (conditions apply).
At $99.99 the upgrade is a no-brainer.

$99.00 upgrade price is not a deal breaker for me, although being a later adopter, hear the implication it will be a higher price for me. Any word to what the rest of the scale pricing will be would be nice too, Peter.
I'm still having issuses with the 64b fx not being able to load or run on my system though, so I'm much more concerned at this point that it will follow suite and be as useless to me as their other 64b stuff is. Right now, it keeps me from jumpimg into the latest GBuy.

I will definitely share what I can with regard to more specific pricing when I have the information and OK to share. I hope any other issues also get cleared up for you BBFG#.

firepile wrote:At $99.99 the upgrade is a no-brainer.
Because people paying that price for it have no brains?

I have waited this long; I'll wait for the free player or the inevitable fire sale. While ST3 may be fun to play with, Halion and Kontakt will keep me busier than I have time for anyway.
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

will ST2.5 and its expansions remain on sale when ST3 is released? or is it being officially discontinued. (just wondering because ST3 is 64 bit only)

gamecat666 wrote:will ST2.5 and its expansions remain on sale when ST3 is released? or is it being officially discontinued. (just wondering because ST3 is 64 bit only)
That's a very good question. Presumably ST3 doesn't come with the ST2.5 libraries, nor the expansions, nor Sonik Synth's libraries, nor the Miroslav libraries.

I'm still waiting to hear anything from ST3 that sounds better than the stuff I can do with ST2.5. Here's a hint: don't use Jordan Rudess to demo your synths, he may be a brilliant keyboard player, but his rapid fire solos aren't the sort of music most of your audience are going to be writing.

Return to “Instruments”