GForce Oddity going for a silly price

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Was easier, faster and just $20 more buying the Arturia V3 collection, thats all of their vintage emulations !!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Was easier, faster and just $20 more buying the Arturia V3 collection, thats all of their vintage emulations !!
Arturia is a totally crappy company compared to Gforce and in no way I would give them even a dime. That said, Oddity is one of those synths that have never "clicked" with me so would probably pass if it were 50% off of the current sale price.
No signature here!

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Was easier, faster and just $20 more buying the Arturia V3 collection, thats all of their vintage emulations !!
Where on earth did you find the V3 collection for $89?!?! :o
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

robotmonkey wrote:Arturia is a totally crappy company compared to Gforce and in no way I would give them even a dime. That said, Oddity is one of those synths that have never "clicked" with me so would probably pass if it were 50% off of the current sale price.
Why all that hate on Arturia? What did they do to you?

Oddity is "odd", in that it is a sofsynth that kept monophonic, when all emulations offer at least some kind of polyphony, even if limited. This is emulation to the extreme. I would love a version 2 that would make it polyphonic, at least.
Fernando (FMR)

metal wrote:
Where on earth did you find the V3 collection for $89?!?! :o
V3 was on sale recently for $199, but $89!? Where?

fmr wrote:
robotmonkey wrote:Arturia is a totally crappy company compared to Gforce and in no way I would give them even a dime. That said, Oddity is one of those synths that have never "clicked" with me so would probably pass if it were 50% off of the current sale price.
Oddity is "odd", in that it is a sofsynth that kept monophonic, when all emulations offer at least some kind of polyphony, even if limited. This is emulation to the extreme. I would love a version 2 that would make it polyphonic, at least.
It also has a Duophonic mode, but you're right no polyphony.

Dave talks about that here:

http://www.gforcesoftware.com/extras/vi ... modulation

fmr wrote:
Why all that hate on Arturia? What did they do to you?

Oddity is the first proper Analog emulation VSTI. Making it polyphonic would have broken it. Ask Mr Arkadin
http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php ... 8&start=20

I would also like to see an Oddity 2.0
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote: Oddity is the first proper Analog emulation VSTI. Making it polyphonic would have broken it. Ask Mr Arkadin
http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php ... 8&start=20

I would also like to see an Oddity 2.0
Mr Arkadin wrote that post 10 years ago. Besides, none of the things he is pleased to see addressed in Oddity are incompatible with polyphony - There could always be a switch to have Oddity behave monophonic/duophonic, for those who want that.
It's all a matter of options. I am not fundamentalist in what regards emulations. I want fidelity but also variety and versatility. What does more can always do less.
BTW: Mr Arkadin was wishing for an OB-Xa emulation. Now he has it, and for free :)

BTW: I noticed this post was in a Creamware forum. I have a Creamware Scope that was working in XP, then stoped working because of driver conflicts, and was pissed off because of the lack of support the sucessor company (Sonic Core) gave to it, making it basically useless, and demanding an insane price for upgraded (???) drivers/software. I will never go that path (DSP based hardware) again. That's why I don't care UAD et al.
I know that Creamware went bankrupt, and that the new company has no obligations (except for the fact they are the same guys), but I feel ripped off.
Now I have a very nice (and large) piece of junk inside my computer, deactivated.
Fernando (FMR)

As long as the current Mono/Duophonic behavior isn't broken, a new option wouldn't hurt, but an Oddity 2.0 would have to support 1.x patches.

electro wrote:As long as the current Mono/Duophonic behavior isn't broken, a new option wouldn't hurt, but an Oddity 2.0 would have to support 1.x patches.
How would ring mod work in polyphonic mode? In duo mode, it works well. In polyphonic, it's not going to be pretty unless you make it last two notes or two random notes within a chord.

Gamma-UT wrote:
electro wrote:As long as the current Mono/Duophonic behavior isn't broken, a new option wouldn't hurt, but an Oddity 2.0 would have to support 1.x patches.
How would ring mod work in polyphonic mode? In duo mode, it works well. In polyphonic, it's not going to be pretty unless you make it last two notes or two random notes within a chord.
That's what Mr Arkadin was trying to explain to the Creamware developer in the old Prodessey thread. The Odyssey was built around duophonic polyphony.

robotmonkey wrote:
Arturia is a totally crappy company compared to Gforce and in no way I would give them even a dime. That said, Oddity is one of those synths that have never "clicked" with me so would probably pass if it were 50% off of the current sale price.
Cant speak for their SW, but the new analogue HW is fantastic. GForce are a great company, and Dave is a tres cool geezer :wink:

Ahh yes the Oddity... What a dirty little beast. A raw, screaming, noisy, fat eccentric, creature with loads of character. Did I say character? I meant CHARACTERRRRR! :D
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

I wonder if they have something new coming...ie not an update, a new product. That would be interesting.

sure brah.

Return to “Instruments”