GForce Oddity going for a silly price

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

osiris wrote:I read that also. Unfortunately the installer has been deleted. Downloaded again and it doesn't work. It just installed another demo....
Seems like you uncheck it's box or something similar to that on the install screen. That stands for "uninstall."

The installer does work because I've used it, but it's been a little while so I'm fuzzy on the details.

Mr Arkadin wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:Unfortunately I could find no way to down load them in windows 7.

I spent about 10 minutes trying to do this and gave up.

Maybe I willl give it a go in Linux later.
Honestly, it sounds like you've got some serious computer issues going on, two hours to buy Oddity, ten minutes to unsuccesfully download the presets. They're also available in the Oddity section of KvR if you are still having problems.
Not serious computer issues. Just trying to use linux when it is not accounted for in the web design of the site.

I didn't know about them being on KVR.

Actually, it was totally my fault, I failed to pick up on the fact that you had to spend ten minutes to register. This was not made clear.

I got the presets for Oddity btw, and they are great. They were worth the two plus hours I spent hunting them down, grooming them...

If someone earned 25 dollars an hour, these presets would be worth 50 dollars to me.

Sorry, I'm a fuckwit. The place that these presets go are not idenitified. They are different to other synths made by the same manufacturer - GMedia- GForce or whatever they are going to call themselves tomorrow. And whether they decide to put them in Program Data or Program Files. It's ok. Move the goal posts, but at least give us poor punters a sporting chance eh.

We aren't mind readers. Though you do need to be a bit of a Sherlock Holmes to get things to work. Me? I still can't get them to work. And this is with the free stuff. Good luck getting me to buy presets for these synths.

So disappointing. But you are not alone. Microsoft got a lot to answer for. And Apple, whilst backtracking will get you in the end.

Where has the joy gone where you buy a VST, some presets, some free presets where you will maybe buy a bigger set of the soundset later? Where has it gone? Am I that much of a total retard?

Go on! Am I?

codec_spurt wrote:
Go on! Am I?
Ok, brown paper bag. I think we both know the answer to that last question.

:-)

I am not angry at paying 50 quid for a VST.

I am angry for the same company changing their name. Being arbitrary in their placing of presets. Not to mention documentation. Not to mention 3rd party preset providers, that I am in no way having a go at. But... How difficult do you have to make it?

I'm not angry at all.

This really is the end of the road for me. What the f**k must I have been thinking that I would spend as much as 50 quid anyway on a f**king piece of software.

No feedback. Just left to rant on like a lunatic.

I think I've made my point though.

I only wanted to know where the presets go.

Is that so much to ask?

Sorry for adding to your frustration by providing free presets. I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

Put the presets where you damn well please!

C:Program Files>GForce>Oddity

for example then just navigate to them from the "Load" button.

From what you've described it really sounds like you should not be using Linux. :lol:

P.S. They're Gforce now. If it makes a folder called Gmedia so what. Rename it. Name your tree C:Program Files>Retard>Fuckwit if you like - it doesn't matter just point the loader at the presets!

Mr Arkadin wrote:Sorry for adding to your frustration by providing free presets. I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

Put the presets where you damn well please!

C:Program Files>GForce>Oddity

for example then just navigate to them from the "Load" button.

From what you've described it really sounds like you should not be using Linux. :lol:

P.S. They're Gforce now. If it makes a folder called Gmedia so what. Rename it. Name your tree C:Program Files>Retard>Fuckwit if you like - it doesn't matter just point the loader at the presets!
Please make sure you don't.

Are you a fuckwit by any chance?

The only reason I ask is, well, that post wasn't really aimed at you, it was aimed at developers in general.

I shouldn't be using linux? eh eh. LOL. f**k off is all i can say to you.

Fuckwit this and fuckwit that.

Jesus christ. man. Grow a set of f**king bollox will you. It was all meant in good faith. You make me sound as if I've just done something nasty to your family.

What a weak, slithery backboned individual you are.

You want to have a go at me. Coz I insulted you. I tell you what. You see that PM button. Press it. I'll give you my phone number. I'll give you my address. And if you still want to call me names big boy, well, go ahead.

Sound good?

Little child.

I was not having a go at you.
And even if I was that would make me a bit of an idiot to be ignored.
But if you wanna get nasty. PM me.

OK?

And like everyone I make this offer too who calls me out for being a prick, I will make a point of saying whether you do or not.

So, you gonna Pm me or not?

Mmm....

Because I suggested that you might consider giving f**king instructions where your presets go?

So wounded. By words. But still you like to really mouth off.

Pm me. I'll give you my phone no. and address. And then I'll tell everyone else on KVR how we got on?

Sound like a deal?

Don't bring bullshit to my door. I never hurt you or threatened you. Or anyone in your family. I made a suggestion about the placement about presets. I'm giving you a way out now. Be nice. Or PM me. Choice is yours. I'll take a ban and more.

Or just keep going f**k crazy. Go on mush. Do it.

Why would I want to PM a mentalist like you? I actually told you where to put the presets. I was actually following your style as I thought you might appreciate it but it seems you've had a sense of humour extraction.

It seems you can dish it out but can't take. Carry on answering your own posts - I now understand why you have to.

does this thread need to be locked? Can the OP calm down just a bit?

bluedad wrote:does this thread need to be locked? Can the OP calm down just a bit?
Would be a shame to close down what has been an interesting thread until the last few posts :(
Hopefully things will calm down and get back on topic :wink:
Personally I think Oddity is a bargain at that price. It's got bags of character.
I've always thought it is very aptly named :D

Mr Arkadin wrote:Why would I want to PM a mentalist like you? I actually told you where to put the presets. I was actually following your style as I thought you might appreciate it but it seems you've had a sense of humour extraction.

It seems you can dish it out but can't take. Carry on answering your own posts - I now understand why you have to.

I apologize to you Mr Arkadin. I was in the wrong on so many levels. But you did a pretty good job of pointing these out without being nasty, so I will just let you have the last word. As always, I won't censor my posts. I let the world see what an arsehole I am sometimes.

If I may say in mitigation, I was fighting other demons when I came across your post and both my arms were blazing, and you just got caught in the crossfire. Pretty stupid of me. As anyone can see what a prick I was. You came out the bigger man with lesser words.

I hope we can leave it at that, and even better, if this argument could just go back to the plugin in hand, even if it is just about how overpriced it is or how amazing it is for bass sounds.

I genuinely apologize to you Mr Arkadin. I hope you accept it, but I will understand if you don't. It was very generous of you to give away such high quality presets in the first place. The last thing you needed was demented idiots like me criticising you.

Still, it really would be nice to go back to discussing the plugin - there are a few more days to go and this is not going to go down in price. I can't be the only one that bought it and thinks it's amazing. Really I'm sorry for shaming myself, please could someone help me out here and we can just forget all this and talk about the plugin?

cheers.

Well we all do stupid stuff sometimes - I'm not immune from that either - unfortunately the internet allows us to do it to a much bigger audience.

For my part I could have replied more thoughtfully and I apologise for the 'mentalist' jibe (I was going for an Alan Partridge reference with that).

All good. Are you happily using Oddity and the presets now or do you have any issues we can iron out?

Mr Arkadin wrote:Well we all do stupid stuff sometimes - I'm not immune from that either - unfortunately the internet allows us to do it to a much bigger audience.

For my part I could have replied more thoughtfully and I apologise for the 'mentalist' jibe (I was going for an Alan Partridge reference with that).

All good. Are you happily using Oddity and the presets now or do you have any issues we can iron out?

It was the 'mentalist' jibe that got me, being a bit partial to a bit of partridge myself.

Aha!

Maybe that isn't the best time for that now. Anyway.

Dan! DAN! DAAAN!

j/K

The presets are really high quality and really show off what this thing can do. I'm thinking the first preset - Dr. Bass or something, I'm in linux now and can't call it up, but I'm pretty sure that was what it was. I loaded your sounds before anything else just to see if I could get them working. Program files, Program Data, GForce, GMedia, you know... ;-)

There aren't many synths that I would buy sounds for, but this is one, not because it is overly difficult, it's just fiddly and the more starting points you have the better.

ImpOscar has its own way of storing presets and that is what frustrated me - the totally different placement of where they go. Still, my bad...

Thanks again for the free presets.

Btw, if you want to have a laugh at my feeble attempts for doing patches for impOscar - here they are:

http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=dl&id=1338

Here is the link for the main page with all the extra banks available:
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/imposca ... /downloads

In my defense, I remember doing them all one bored Sunday and just being blown away by the quality and the versatility of the synth.

There are duplicates in there and also bad etiquette of me just taking standard sounds and tweaking them. I did mention this I think, but still, not good form.

I got a pretty average 3 out of 5 for my efforts.

Maybe one of my sounds is one I stole off you and made worse!

:-)

Oh well. Virtual Studio Technology. One of the few areas where humans can be bothered to get hot under the collar.

Aha!

Well you have to remember that Oddity is an early VSTi and as such there was no 'standard' way of doing things. ImpOSCar2 came much later and has a much better patch browser in my view. Even the original impOSCar had its own oddities (sic) with keeping the original synth's 36 patch limit.

The Doctor Bass (I can't remember what I called it either) was so called because whenever I played it I couldn't help but play the bass line from the Doctor Who theme. It's not really supposed to be an exact copy, just the vibe. The same can be applied to Roobarb Lead which reminded me of the theme from Roobarb & Custard and any of the Ralf/Kraftwerk-named presets: not direct attempts to copy, just the vibe I was getting.

Did you say you had ImpOSCar or impOSCar2? My presets are only for impOSCar2 unfortunately. There are some great commercial patches for both versions, I'm not sure Oddity has many (or any?) commercial patches available.

The key to Oddity compared to newer synths is that it has no internal effects, so to sound like the recordings you may know it is a good idea to add some external effects. Phase and delays were popular along with using miked amps, so amp sims can be really useful for Billy Currie type stuff if you feel something is missing sound-wise. This may be why Oddity isn't so popular as it doesn't produce the finished, polished sound we expect these days. It's a very raw synth.

P.S. I'm always on the hunt for new sounds so will snap up your patches ASAP. Back of the net!

Mr Arkadin wrote:
P.S. I'm always on the hunt for new sounds so will snap up your patches ASAP. Back of the net!
Us Lexi drivers have to stick together. Just watch out for those sex people!

Yeah, I got ImpOscar2.

I can see the difficulties.

I really did take out the frustrations of a thousand cuts of bad patch management on you, and that was not fair.

I downloaded your impOscar presets as well. Again, this is very generous of you. I am sure they stack up better than my deluded lost Sunday (but what Sunday).

I'm really glad you've been such a good sport with no hard feelings. Tell me. Where can I buy some of your proper presets? Whether for impOscar or Oddity?

Or maybe for something else.

Let the dog see the rabbit!

:o

Return to “Instruments”