Padshop Pro for £32 - Worth getting?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

donato wrote:Hmmm. Looks like Padshop Pro doesn't work with Mavericks. I downloaded the demo and I can hear the first patch, but the mouse does nothing. Oh well.
It works on Mavericks here...
Ableton/Propellerheads/Cockos Reaper/Logic/Renoise/U-He/Tone2/NI/DiscoDSP/Fabfilter/Xils Lab/Reveal Sound/112dB

whyterabbyt wrote:
muLperi wrote:I bought PAdshop and got 2 activation codes in the confirmation email... anyone know if this is normal? I only paid it once I think, 39 euros.
I wondered that too, and it turned out the second activation is for the Zero Gravity soundpack, so download and install that too.
where is the download of Zero Gravity? can't find it. :oops:
"It dreamed itself along"

Well, after all is said and done with the deal, I finally opted to pass on it, even at this 'no-brainer' price. In playing with the trial versions of PadShop Pro and Dark City, I found them to be very nice and think they could add much to someone's arsenal. They just didn't strike me as bringing anything new to my setup though. And I've become very aware of the 'too many vsts, not enough production' that stems from it. I have to admit, the eLicenser thing had something to do with my decision also. Even though I watch the resource meter and saw nothing intruding on it like I find with PACE software, my memory slipped backed to when I used eLicense before and the problems I had after a HDD failure.
This kind of sound and features seems to be already covered for me though.

Congratulations to those that jumped on the deal though, it really seems like something that can be used well.
:tu:

:hug: thank you very much, Paul!

ps i'm very happy with Padshop Pro. i take all these dusty loops from cm/fm purchases and breathe new life into them and get funny and floaty results. a lot of the factory (pro) presets are quite good too and the synth is easy to tweak. only the preset loading at least in the au version is buggy and there doesn't seem to be a vst2 for mac. metaplugin 2.5 crashed with Padshop Pro vst3 and vst2 inside in Live 9. :)
"It dreamed itself along"

Return to “Instruments”