Padshop Pro for £32 - Worth getting?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:But I wonder how it will be if a user has a system crash, will the licence then be stuck on the bad computer?
Thanks for the response Numanoid.
Yes, I wonder that as well. Anyone know this?

Numanoid wrote:
Armadillosound wrote:Padshop pro is well worth getting, for anyone that has just come to this thread expecting it to be about Padshop pro :roll:

Shame that the thread has been turned into a squabble :(
Maybe it's time it was locked :wink:
Yeah, I guess you are right. Time to cool down, or lock the thread.
Cheers :)
Nice to see were getting back on topic. If anyone is picking up Padshop Pro I definitely recommend Granular Symphonies some really inspiring sounds in there and as that can be picked up in the Valentines deal too makes sense to get both if money permits :wink:

After using PS Pro for a little while, I'm wondering if it in some small way could be related to Yamaha's SY35 / SY22 synths of the early 90's?:

http://www.vintagesynth.com/yamaha/sy35.php

I get that vibe because PS Pro's can cross-fade between the layers, a bit like the joystick in SY35 (even though that got 4 directions), and also because Yamaha owns Steinberg.

I have to say, due to this thread and the deal offering, it did cause me to really check it out more. I always liked Cubase until my own dongle snafu a couple of years ago, but since that's my only reason for no longer owning it, I'm not totally against it like I am with anything using PACE software protection. (I don't remember any problems with the eLicenser software itself per se, but the PACE crap requires a constant use in background services I find ridiculous.)

Nice to know that some of their products don't use the dongle unless you prefer it.
For the deal though, I ended up checking out most of their VSTIs roughly, and for the money and lack of dongle, feel like PS/PSPro is a good deal. It seems to fill certain parameters in sound quite well and while chances are more that I will let this sale pass, by them continuing the sale through the weekend, I still consider it.

Anyone have any anectdotal expereince with the eLicenser software (with no dongle) without making the thread go ablaze before a lock?
Last edited by BBFG# on Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BBFG# wrote:and for the money and lack of dongle, feel like PS/PSPro is a good deal.
Get Padshop Pro, as you then get the Zero Gravity soundset included for free.

I did the upgrade the other week, first buying Padshop and then upgrading to Padshop Pro then, but no Zero Gravity freebie then.

Numanoid wrote:
BBFG# wrote:and for the money and lack of dongle, feel like PS/PSPro is a good deal.

I did the upgrade the other week, first buying Padshop and then upgrading to Padshop Pro then, but no Zero Gravity freebie then.
I just took the plunge and bought PS Pro and Granular Symphonies.
I received the authorization codes but there was no mention of Zero Gravity.

Where is the ZG freebie that you mention?

Old Crab wrote:
Numanoid wrote:But I wonder how it will be if a user has a system crash, will the licence then be stuck on the bad computer?
Thanks for the response Numanoid.
Yes, I wonder that as well. Anyone know this?
That was what happened to me, although it is stuck on a bad HDD.
I've heard from a few they have fixed that support issue though. When speaking to a rep at the show and told him my experience, he seemed very eager to resolve it and gave me his business card to contact him directly. Too bad he's a year and a half late and I've already switched to Sonar because of the lack of support when I needed it.

But I've always looked at trying to implement their VIs in the least intrusive way. This may be the best option for that.

Old Crab wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

I just took the plunge and bought PS Pro and Granular Symphonies.
I received the authorization codes but there was no mention of Zero Gravity.

Where is the ZG freebie that you mention?
Some users have reported earlier in this thread that they got two serials when they bought Padshop Pro at this time.

One serial related to Padshop Pro, and the other for the soundset expansion.

Did you only get one serial sent to you after buying PS Pro?

Numanoid wrote:Some users have reported earlier in this thread that they got two serials when they bought Padshop Pro at this time.

One serial related to Padshop Pro, and the other for the soundset expansion.

Did you only get one serial sent to you after buying PS Pro?
I received two for PS Pro and one for Granular Symphonies.

I assumed that the two for PS Pro is: one for Windows and one for Mac.

Am I wrong?

Old Crab wrote:I assumed that the two for PS Pro is: one for Windows and one for Mac.
If you go back in the thread, the users there report that one of those codes is for Padshop Pro (both Mac & Win), and the other for Zero Gravity

Yes, thanks. I'll definitely try that second code and report back later.

ericj23 wrote:best kvr thread evah!

Why? - for this perfect example of how we see what we want to see
incredible indeed, but that's how it works here.
"It dreamed itself along"

Thanks for the heads up on this guys. I upgraded to Pro "Basic" last week for $10 . Figured I had plenty to play with and bringing in my own samples would be easy enough but I decided to go ahead and snag Zero Gravity for $15 with this deal. Now I'm eyeballing Dark Planet for $25....
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

BassMasterK wrote:Thanks for the heads up on this guys. I upgraded to Pro "Basic" last week for $10 . Figured I had plenty to play with and bringing in my own samples would be easy enough but I decided to go ahead and snag Zero Gravity for $15 with this deal. Now I'm eyeballing Dark Planet for $25....
I don't think that's a Padshop Pro bank (or is it?)

Granular Symphonies is excellent. And for 15 euro it's a bargain!

Return to “Instruments”